College Football 2020

sec101row23

10 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Another year is upon us and the greatest sport on earth is about to have its first “full” Saturday of the season.  Nothing really great on the table today,  just that I can watch college ball from noon until midnight.  I’ll take that.  

Agreed.  No great matchups today, but just having a (sort of) full slate of games makes for a gret Saturday.  Was not sure we would have any CF Saturdays this year, so I am going to enjoy this first one.  Clemson, Oklahom, Texas, ND all in action today.  Hopefully we will get a couple of competitive games.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  No great matchups today, but just having a (sort of) full slate of games makes for a gret Saturday.  Was not sure we would have any CF Saturdays this year, so I am going to enjoy this first one.  Clemson, Oklahom, Texas, ND all in action today.  Hopefully we will get a couple of competitive games.

I think FSU/GaTech should be the most competitive game today.  

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I think FSU/GaTech should be the most competitive game today.  

Agreed.  Tech was awful last year.  Transition from Paul Johnson's wish bone to a more traditional offense was ugly at times.  Hopefully they are more competitive this year and can hang with FSU.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  Tech was awful last year.  Transition from Paul Johnson's wish bone to a more traditional offense was ugly at times.  Hopefully they are more competitive this year and can hang with FSU.

Ga.Tech”s transition is going to take a few years, they have to essentially purge their entire roster to get guys who fit what they want to do now.  It will be interesting to see what Norvell brings to FSU, he’s a really good coach who should do well down there.  

10 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m not sure how competitive the Clemson/Wake game will be but, Wake’s DE Carlos Basham Is worth watching.   He is Tarell Basham’s cousin but Carlos is WAY more athletic.  He will very much be in the conversation for first round edge rushers next spring.  

Didn't take him long to make his presence known.

• Upvote 1

On 9/13/2020 at 10:42 AM, maury77 said:

I'm cooler on Basham than some of you guys. I need to see him win on the outside shoulder of the tackle more often than he does.

After watching some more of Basham you are correct.  He’s a bit of tweener IMO, not a pure edge guy, a good 3-4 DE.   If we’re looking for a beast to fly off the edge Basham isn’t the guy IMO.  

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

After watching some more of Basham you are correct.  He’s a bit of tweener IMO, not a pure edge guy, a good 3-4 DE.   If we’re looking for a beast to fly off the edge Basham isn’t the guy IMO.  

UM has some good edge rushers this year in Quincy Roche and Jaelen Phillips. This doesn't include Rousseau, who a lot of people have as the top rated edge rusher