College game day sept 26th...

Beerfish

Just now, sec101row23 said:

That’s to be expected considering the changes at QB.  From Newman opting out to Daniels getting hurt, I can see why the offense sputtered a bit. 

The offense sputtered because D'wan Mathis looked awful.  Great story, coming back from brain surgery to win a starting QB job (which he may have lost in just over a quarter).  Easy kid to rrot for, but he sure did not look like a very good football player when he was out there.  He was not helped by about 8-10 first half penalties.  But he was inaccurate, made bad reads, and did not seem to hve much pocket presence.  Offense looked competent when Stetson Bennett was out there.

I hope Bennett or Daniels (if healthy) gets the start next week. 

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

The offense sputtered because D'wan Mathis looked awful.  Great story, coming back from brain surgery to win a starting QB job (which he may have lost in just over a quarter).  Easy kid to rrot for, but he sure did not look like a very good football player when he was out there.  He was not helped by about 8-10 first half penalties.  But he was inaccurate, made bad reads, and did not seem to hve much pocket presence.  Offense looked competent when Stetson Bennett was out there.

I hope Bennett or Daniels (if healthy) gets the start next week. 

I’m sure Bennett will get the start, Daniels when healthy should be the guy though.  It’s not easy reloading every year and maintaining a high level of play, especially when transitioning between QBs.  We saw it with LSU and Oklahoma yesterday.  

25 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Apparently without Joe Burrow and Joe Brady LSU is LSU again.

It's crazy to me that Florida State is as bad as they are. Obviously you have lots of in-state competition in recruiting but a program like that should never be that non-competitive.

Taggart set them back 5 years 

59 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Come on, he took over this year, how in the world did he get a chance to change culture or cycle through players.  He hasn’t even had one full recruiting cycle yet.  He named Blackman because Purdy was injured.   

So what's your theory, that everyone Taggert recruited is an a$$hole who hates Football and cant assimilate to new coach who would rather win than lose and not audition for the pros?  Please, if the culture was so bad, use the transfer portal.  You telling me players from Memphis wouldnt prefer to play at FSU?  It's all convenient bull sh*t.  They've got their asses handed to them by Georgia Tech - didnt Tech break in a new head coach that game too?  

EXCUSES!!!!!!!!

lol

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

So what's your theory, that everyone Taggert recruited is an a$$hole who hates Football and cant assimilate to new coach who would rather win than lose and not audition for the pros?  Please, if the culture was so bad, use the transfer portal.  You telling me players from Memphis wouldnt prefer to play at FSU?  It's all convenient bull sh*t.  They've got their asses handed to them by Georgia Tech - didnt Tech break in a new head coach that game too?  

EXCUSES!!!!!!!!

lol

You’re hatred for them is blinding your common sense.  

9 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

You’re hatred for them is blinding your common sense.  

Common sense tells me that FSU should beat Georgia Tech (aslo breaking in a new Head Coach) 10 out of 10 times but yeah, sure, culture is why they lost.  These kids who are auditioning for the NFL which is why the chose FSU actually hate Football and hate playing Football and hate FSU and Mike Norvell because Willie Taggert recruited them.  Come'on man.

Look, sure, he may turn it around but the excuse making for that program is unreal which was my whole point, and here we are.

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

He’s a South Carolina kid, had offers from Clemson, SCar, Ga. Tech.   He picked UVA for academics and a chance to play as a true freshman.   I remember seeing him as a Jr. in high school and he was only 185 lbs, he arrived at UVA this summer and was 210 lbs already.   He’s also a really good basketball player and it shows up in his game.  I was wishing he would have went to Clemson but the WR room is pretty crowded right now so I get why he went to UVA.   

Good to know. Got that old finger locked on the pulse still. He had himself quite the game... next up, your boys!