Goal Line Stand

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Do the Jets have any famous goal line stands?  (where our defense stopped the opponent, not vice-versa).  I was thinking about this and nothing jumps out at me in the past few decades.  But I'm sure there has to be one, no?

What is your definition does it have to be multiple shots from the 1?

Just last year the Jets beat Dallas on a near goal line stand no?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One time Vinny Testaverde's giant head went over the goalline and the refs shrugged and called it a touchdown.  

That count for anything? 

That play was a major contributor to the downfall of the NFL (getting instant replay voted in, in case people don't remember) so I guess my response would be "yes".

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Do the Jets have any famous goal line stands?  (where our defense stopped the opponent, not vice-versa).  I was thinking about this and nothing jumps out at me in the past few decades.  But I'm sure there has to be one, no?

We almost ahd an epic one in the 2004 Playoff game against the Chargers.  Stopped Tomlinson on 3rd and goal at the 1, then forced Brees incompletion on 4th and goal.  Until Eric Barton's roughing the passer. 

Had we not won that game in OT, Barton would have easily surpassed Gastineau for worst bonehead penalty in Jets history.

• Upvote 1