Trevor Lawrence throughout 36 games = 35-1. His backup throughout 2 games? 1-1.

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What are you acting shocked for? 

Trevor was also the #1 QB recruit out of HS within the entire Country. 

Peyton Manning: 4 seasons (45 games).

Record 39-6.

863/1,381 (62.5%).

11,201 passing yards (8.1 YPA).

89 TDs/33 INTs (2.69 TD-to-INT Ratio).

153 rush attempts for -181 yards & 12 TDs.

11,020 total offensive yards.
101 total offensive TDs.

QB Rating: 147.1.

----------------------------

Trevor Lawrence: 2.5 seasons (36 games).
Record: 35-1.

662/995 (66.5%).

8,778 passing yards (8.8 YPA).

83 TD's/14 INTs (5.9 TD-to-INT Ratio).

192 rush attempts for 811 yards & 14 TDs.

9,589 total offensive yards.
97 total offensive TDs.

QB Rating: 165.4.

By seasons end, Trevor Lawrence is going to literally shatter Manning's 4 year career and after only 3 years too!

No longer can people claim "Trevor Lawrence is the best prospect "SINCE" Peyton Manning; because Trevor Lawrence (believe it or not) is an even BETTER QB prospect than Manning!

All this post tells me is that you can google, copy, and paste basic stats from the internet - but that you’ve never actually watched or studied either prospect. Peyton Manning was and still is the standard that all other candidates are measured up to. He is literally the greatest prospect of all time.

Lawrence might not even be the best passer in his own class, let alone all time. His throws are predominantly 5 yards from the LOS or less and his spectacular teammates deserve more credit than not for his numbers. He’s 16th in Y/A in 2020, and while I don’t have access to the 2020 air yards, in 2019, he had more passing yards than almost all of the top 10 QB candidates, but less air yards than every single one of them. His completion % was also higher than his on target % which again means that his teammates were bailing him out on passes that were considered catchable but not on target. Fields had almost as many passing yards, significantly more air yards/attempt, and a higher target %. This year is following the same track for both.

Also, I have no idea what QB rating you’re using for Lawrence, but the traditional QB rating tops off at 158.3, and the QBR tops out at 100. 

Lawrence is a great prospect who deserves to go #1, but I can’t do the ignorant comparisons to Peyton. He’s barely on par with Luck as a prospect. Everything you’re reading and hearing is hype and hysteria for a big money program. If you think Lawrence has surpassed Peyton, great for you and I’m not here to change your mind - but you’re absolutely clueless and 100% wrong.

13 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

All this post tells me is that you can google, copy, and paste basic stats from the internet - but that you’ve never actually watched or studied either prospect. Peyton Manning was and still is the standard that all other candidates are measured up to. He is literally the greatest prospect of all time.

Lawrence might not even be the best passer in his own class, let alone all time. His throws are predominantly 5 yards from the LOS or less and his spectacular teammates deserve more credit than not for his numbers. He’s 16th in Y/A in 2020, and while I don’t have access to the 2020 air yards, in 2019, he had more passing yards than almost all of the top 10 QB candidates, but less air yards than every single one of them. His completion % was also higher than his on target % which again means that his teammates were bailing him out on passes that were considered catchable but not on target. Fields had almost as many passing yards, significantly more air yards/attempt, and a higher target %. This year is following the same track for both.

Also, I have no idea what QB rating you’re using for Lawrence, but the traditional QB rating tops off at 158.3, and the QBR tops out at 100. 

Lawrence is a great prospect who deserves to go #1, but I can’t do the ignorant comparisons to Peyton. He’s barely on par with Luck as a prospect. Everything you’re reading and hearing is hype and hysteria for a big money program. If you think Lawrence has surpassed Peyton, great for you and I’m not here to change your mind - but you’re absolutely clueless and 100% wrong.

The bold just goes to show me and everyone else that it's you who's the one who doesn't really follow NCAA football as a crazed fan because you don't even know enough to know that only the NFL has ever used the 158 as the perfect QB Rating because I'm using the same NCAA QB Rating that's been around since BEFORE MANNING so wtf are you talking about??!??

And please don't accuse others of never watching these kids play. I'm a crazed FSU fan of the ACC and I was already crazed college football and loved watching Manning play @ Tennessee within the SEC as a middle school kid. I watched Peyton just like I watched Vinny and our Jets of the late 90s. And I've been screaming and watching Trevor within MY ACC CONFERENCE since his Freshman year (just go to TGG where I've been posting for years) and you'll see I'm so TL crazed I'm no longer allowed to speak about him within their Tankathon thread lol not only do I watch as many Trevor highlights and GAMES as I can but I also gamble on Clemson every Saturday so please get off your high horse and stop pretending you're the "only one" who studies college football. 

And yes. I also love comparing Trevor's statistical production to the likes of other Generational QBs and the fact of the matter is that Trevor after his 3rd year will have Manning after 4 years beat within every statistical category known to mankind (and not many QB prospects, ever; can say the same). 

And let's not talk about Trevor's deep ball accuracy and arm strength because he throws an absolute beautiful deep ball; more proof that you don't know what you're talking about (just like the NCAA QB Rating being different than the NFL'S perfect 158!!!) lol. 

I've not only watched the Clemson games within my ACC Conference but I've done as much research and film breakdown as possible. 

Telling an FSU ACC fan that he's never watched TL would be like an NCAA fan telling you as a Jets and AFC East fan that you've never watched Tom Brady; do you see how pathetic and disgusting you truly make yourself out to sound? I absolutely loved Manning and was heartbroken Parcells played hard ball with the Manning family only to see him return to Tennessee. I remember. 

I'm not taking anything away from Manning but Manning never made it to 3 NCAA Championship Games (Trevor will make his 3rd) and not even Manning will have better statistical dominance once TL completes his 3rd year of 2020. 

Like it or not...

Elway. 

Manning. 

Luck. 

Lawrence. 

TL ranks right up there with all 3 and godforsaken you compared TL's first two years to Sam's two years and it's NO CONTEST (and yes I watched the USC turnover machine play @ USC too). 

Anyone who claims TL isn't on the same level as Manning QB prospect wise coming out; must have never really watched college football (like many of us have over the years). 

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And please don't accuse others of never watching these kids play.

Ok, maybe I shouldn’t have said you haven’t watched them play. Clearly you’re a crazed fan, even bigger than me.

I should have said: you are the biggest CFB fan ever, but you still have absolutely no idea what you’re watching if you’re stupid enough to compare Trevor as a prospect to Peyton as a prospect. Bringing up nattys or Heismans as proof of concept is idiotic. In that case, Tim Tebow is better than both.

I said this before and I’ll paste it here again:

22 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Lawrence is a great prospect who deserves to go #1, but I can’t do the ignorant comparisons to Peyton. He’s barely on par with Luck as a prospect.

Lawrence became the second true Freshman starting quarterback to ever win a natty and the first since 1985; only a pundit says that doesn't mean anything.

What's making his NCAA dominant run of 35-1 ever more impressive is that he was rated as the #1 High School football recruit within the entire Country coming out... And still rated as the #1 NCAA prospect for the NFL... Peyton Manning esque (top prospect wise). 

Meaning that he's done all of this without ever cracking under media pressure and the spotlight has been zooming in on this kid since he were in MIDDLE SCHOOL. 

5 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Ok, maybe I shouldn’t have said you haven’t watched them play. Clearly you’re a crazed fan, even bigger than me.

I should have said: you are the biggest CFB fan ever, but you still have absolutely no idea what you’re watching if you’re stupid enough to compare Trevor as a prospect to Peyton as a prospect. Bringing up nattys or Heismans as proof of concept is idiotic. In that case, Tim Tebow is better than both.

I said this before and I’ll paste it here again:

It doesn't matter what you say. Dude. You didn't even know the NCAA QB Rating has always been different than the NFL's 158 QB Rating therefore you couldn't believe it once seeing Trevor has a better QB Rating than even Peyton had. lol. 

47 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It doesn't matter what you say. Dude. You didn't even know the NCAA QB Rating has always been different than the NFL's 158 QB Rating therefore you couldn't believe it once seeing Trevor has a better QB Rating than even Peyton had. lol. 

This is true - what I say doesn't matter, and it's also true that I wasn't aware of the differences in QB ratings. I haven't looked at QB ratings for QBs in years, and generally speaking, the people who discuss QBs in terms of QB ratings are not people I want to discuss QBs with. It's an extremely flawed statistic and there are numerous other datapoints that carry more weight.

I'll say it for a third time: If the Jets have the ability to pick Lawrence, they need to take him. He is a great prospect. That said, he's nowhere near the can't miss prospect you and your surface level hype men want to tout him as. Ultimately, more than his own ability alone, what JD does with the coaching staff and the rest of the roster will have more of an impact on whether or not he succeeds here. That is why he is not near Peyton or Luck as a prospect. Peyton and Luck were destined for FQB status and potential Gold Jacket candidates no matter where they went.