2021 Free Agents

JeffJetsFan

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

JD has shown absolutely no inclination toward a FA binge 

everyone assumes it will happen because the Jets have the cap space

but they had tons of cap space this year 

this thread should be frozen until March when we see who makes it to the market

every year it feels like we have all these high hopes and when we get there it's George Fant

Heck, we don't even know what the new HC will want from his players 

maybe the new guy doesn't value Allen Robinson like others

It will happen because it HAS to happen under the CBA rules. Something to the time of 98% cap spending average or so Over a span of 3 or 5 years, iirc. 

15 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

It will happen because it HAS to happen under the CBA rules. Something to the time of 98% cap spending average or so Over a span of 3 or 5 years, iirc. 

the CBA just reset we are in year 1 i believe

they don't have to make their splash until like 2023 or whatever

not a cap expert tho so don't quote me 

but you are right eventually they will have to spend it on someone 

they could extend Becton, QW and maybe even Sewell to infinity or they could spend it on Trumaine Johnson and Le'Veon Bell types who would do anything for money (but won't do that) 

i know which outcome I prefer 

15 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

There will be plenty more guys becoming available unlike previous years.  The Saints are $95mm OVER the cap next season.  Let’s hope Marshon Lattimore and Nick Easton shake loose.  The Eagles are $71mm OVER the cap.  Rams $21mm over.

This looks terrible for the Saints until Drew Brees retires they restructure 2 other dudes and are right back in the NFC Championship next year 

The Eagles dump Wentz, the Rams dump Whitworth etc 

yeah maybe Nick Easton from Harvard will shake loose. Rich Man's GVR - that doesn't help this team at all 

they will never let actual players like Ryan Ramcyzk or Alvin Kamara go 

19 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

We need to hit on 3 players IMO - Allen Robinson with JuJu/Godwin/Golladay as fallbacks, Joe Thuney, and whoever the best CB / pass rusher out there is. Buy them all out - it’s time to spend some money...

With the WR signing, we should retain Perriman and put him as our #4 receiver. Give me Robinson, Mims, Crowder, Perriman, and Berrios as our 5 wideouts.

Crowder will be expensive to retain. Draft a burner like Schwartz which will open things up for Mims and Robinson.  The WR corps needs to be replenished badly.