Daily News says Jets don't want #1 pick. - KFFL

PhinHater

Jets | Team not interested in moving up to No. 1?

Tue, 28 Feb 2006 05:28:18 -0800

Gary Myers, of the New York Daily News, reports despite earlier reports, the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl">New York Jets are not one of the teams interested in trading up to the Houston Texans' No. 1 spot. "There's nothing to it," said a source familiar with the Jets' thinking.

good, that's one less thing to worry about. Truth be told they have a great draft slot they shouldn't move up or down just see what happens, if they are smart they will get an impact player.

Agreed. Hopefully, one who will have more of an impact than the last #4 pick we drafted:rolleyes:

I don't what you guys expect. Robertson's knee hasn't prevented him from starting over 30 games in 3 years, the only time he missed was meaningless playing out the string. His knee might limit his long term viability but not his short term impact. He's 24 and a stud. What's the problem? He'd have to s--t gold bricks to live up to the expectations of the fans.

I don't what you guys expect. Robertson's knee hasn't prevented him from starting over 30 games in 3 years, the only time he missed was meaningless playing out the string. His knee might limit his long term viability but not his short term impact. He's 24 and a stud. What's the problem? He'd have to s--t gold bricks to live up to the expectations of the fans.

If he cost only our original #1 pick I'd be thrilled with him. But since we could've had Polamalu & Larry Johnson & our 4th round pick (NT Ian Scott taken with that pick), I do expect him to s--t gold bricks & not have his production limited b/c there was no high-priced NT to go along with two other first-rounders on the DL with him.

come on be realistic,,if u want to use STUD in NFL terms that means consistent all-pro member,,,

I gave some thought to the Jets draft - about five minutes - and I just can't see Mangini drafting an OT at 4. I don't care if he could be the greatest OT of all time - I just don't see it. The Pats are famous for taking scrubs and turning them into servicable O-lineman. It would be safe to assume that Mangini is not committing big bucks to an o-lineman then? My thoughts are:

1) Trade for overall #1 pick (and take Bush) - giving Noodles one more chance, but picking up a savvy vet QB just in case. Although - again, I can't see Mangini putting so many eggs in one basket

2) Trade out of the 4 spot. Trade Abraham. Stockpile picks. - Most likely scenario, imo.

I gave some thought to the Jets draft - about five minutes - and I just can't see Mangini drafting an OT at 4. I don't care if he could be the greatest OT of all time - I just don't see it. The Pats are famous for taking scrubs and turning them into servicable O-lineman. It would be safe to assume that Mangini is not committing big bucks to an o-lineman then? My thoughts are:

1) Trade for overall #1 pick (and take Bush) - giving Noodles one more chance, but picking up a savvy vet QB just in case. Although - again, I can't see Mangini putting so many eggs in one basket

2) Trade out of the 4 spot. Trade Abraham. Stockpile picks. - Most likely scenario, imo.

I do not necessarily disagree but the assumption that we will try to mirror how NE has operated in the past is a assumption that could be dead wrong and not applicable to the way Mangini and Tannenbaum want to rebuild

Jets | Team not interested in moving up to No. 1?

Tue, 28 Feb 2006 05:28:18 -0800

Gary Myers, of the New York Daily News, reports despite earlier reports, the New York Jets are not one of the teams interested in trading up to the Houston Texans' No. 1 spot. "There's nothing to it," said a source familiar with the Jets' thinking.

Well,that makes it about as reliable as the reports that said we were interested in moving up.

For what we gave up for Robertson, we should not have to have a Jason Ferguson or Gabe Watson type to suck up blockers in order to make him effective. D-Rob should be the guy that sucks up the blockers and makes a less talented defensive tackle effective. I know he is only 24, but that bust tag is coming up quick.

Archived