Question for Green bean...

Hey GB, did you use to post at Matt's Greenhouse back in 98-2003? I know Jetswin was there and KentuckyJet, Leftylarry, I think you were there too in the halcyon days of Jet Newsgroups, that's what we used to call them then. I think you name resonates back to that board, Im I right?

1 hour ago, Slikmojet! said:

Hey GB, did you use to post at Matt's Greenhouse back in 98-2003? I know Jetswin was there and KentuckyJet, Leftylarry, I think you were there too in the halcyon days of Jet Newsgroups, that's what we used to call them then. I think you name resonates back to that board, Im I right?

And me..:blink:

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Slikmojet! said:

He did Slik. I was in there back in the day doing the pre-season game summaries for those who were out of area and didn't get to see them (pre-NFLN) days.

14 hours ago, Slikmojet! said:

Hey Slik...that's the same Green Bean.  I use to post on Matt's board first as JetFanFL and then when the Jets hired Herm Edwards I changed my handle to Hermanator.  In any event, I rarely post here (or anywhere for that matter), I let the young fans have at it and read when I get a chance.  

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Hey Slik...that's the same Green Bean.  I use to post on Matt's board first as JetFanFL and then when the Jets hired Herm Edwards I changed my handle to Hermanator.  In any event, I rarely post here (or anywhere for that matter), I let the young fans have at it and read when I get a chance.  

Were you Grohtotheshow before that? What's up Hermanator? 

8 minutes ago, Slikmojet! said:

Wow the game we Mo Lewised Bledsoe and the nightmare of the GOAT was born. I was an active Greenhouser back in them days.

Green Bean is in that picture...kneeling down in front with the Byrd jersey on...next to the Elvis impersonator.  Bean looks like a young boy...lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You finally left that ******* nut house JA??

Its a circle jerk over there with MSG, Willy and Ret taking turns gargling on Step's nut sack and pulling on his weener. Everyone has to agree or MSG starts PMing everybody behind your back to get you banned. 

• Haha 1

You were there Savage? Damn!!! Thats a long time ago. Matt changed the format and the that place went to sh*t over night. Then it was just KJ and Matt over there. But when It was popping, it was the liveliest Jet site any where. I wonder what happened to Matt? He stayed there and never moved. There was no moderation then and people spoke their mind. The squabbles were legendary.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Slikmojet! said:

I literally couldn't stand that board anymore.  It was the same 8 cranky old men screaming at each other,  and then their latest member of the cult joined and that board became insufferable and completely insane. 

Welcome. Believe it or not, when you cut through some of the noise, this is a really good community. Just leave outside stuff....outside. ? 

On 2/9/2021 at 8:59 AM, Slikmojet! said:

Yes sir.  Same fella.

That was my spot for years. I remember you for sure. We were on Rivals together too IIRC.  I used to live about 10 min from Matt and we'd get together to plan the big opening day tailgate for a few years too. guys like @Savage69 @NIGHT STALKER and a bunch of other cats used to come every year. 

There are quite a few of us on here but I lose track. i know @Tinstar and @CTJetsFan were there with us too.  It was a shame when it died out. It happened quickly too. One day it was thriving and the seemingly 2 days later no one was there.  

@Kentucky Jet just made a comment on one of my vids on youtube and it was cool to hear from him. 

I've often wondered who is Lefty Larry on this board. lol  I have my ideas. ?. I know he's here dammit! hahaha

• Upvote 1

On 2/9/2021 at 11:37 PM, NIGHT STALKER said:

Nope, wasn't Grohtotheshow...lol.  Same old Jets and same old me.  I don't know what happened to Kentucky...Matt I believe has a group on FB called The Green House NY Jets Football

Oh wow !. Thanks Herm. I'm gonna check that out and look for him. Matt and I made that sign in his driveway! lol  I haven't seen or heard from him in a decade or more.  It would be nice to touch base. He and I were buds. Went to some practices and the Green and White scrimmage when herm was mic'd up and Santonio Holmes hurt his knee in his first showcase for us fans! lol 

KJ just commented on one of my vids on youtube this week. I couldn't believe it! 

Thanks for positing that pic.  I'm gonna save it this time. I forgot what my shaven face actually looked like :) 

15 hours ago, Slikmojet! said:

You were there Savage? Damn!!! Thats a long time ago. Matt changed the format and the that place went to sh*t over night. Then it was just KJ and Matt over there. But when It was popping, it was the liveliest Jet site any where. I wonder what happened to Matt? He stayed there and never moved. There was no moderation then and people spoke their mind. The squabbles were legendary.

hahaha. Right?  I felt very close to many guys there. Guys like @JumboJet  ( I think its the same guy here lol) used to come see me at the comedy cellar and all sorts of stuff. Such a great group.  I was happy to see some of them were here when I came here in 2009. 

The fights were legendary man! hahahaha 

But I love JN. hands down the best Jets board. PERIOD! 

I do miss the old days some times though.  I didn't even become a homeless man in Newark yet! lmao! 

On 2/9/2021 at 10:25 AM, Maxman said:

I am going to tag him so he gets a notification. With the # of posts here it is easy to miss stuff otherwise.  Thanks.

@GREENBEAN

Thanks @Maxman    I don't think I would have seen it.  I'm too busy arguing with everyone in the youtube comments these days!  lol 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Didn't you and your son visit the world trade center on that trip?  I feel like I remember something like that. 

Sure did...I was supposed to fly back on that Monday morning.  Instead, I got on the NY thruway, headed north and took my son to the Catskill game farm...just to get away.  I can't even begin to tell you how many first res-ponder vehicles we past on the opposite side...sad, sad day.

On 2/11/2021 at 1:03 AM, GREENBEAN said:

Yes sir.  Same fella.

That was my spot for years. I remember you for sure. We were on Rivals together too IIRC.  I used to live about 10 min from Matt and we'd get together to plan the big opening day tailgate for a few years too. guys like @Savage69 @NIGHT STALKER and a bunch of other cats used to come every year. 

There are quite a few of us on here but I lose track. i know @Tinstar and @CTJetsFan were there with us too.  It was a shame when it died out. It happened quickly too. One day it was thriving and the seemingly 2 days later no one was there.  

@Kentucky Jet just made a comment on one of my vids on youtube and it was cool to hear from him. 

I've often wondered who is Lefty Larry on this board. lol  I have my ideas. ?. I know he's here dammit! hahaha

Larry is over at the Jetsaddicts board, he hadnt posted for years now every other thread is his. Damn time flies.  

Who was the guy who would talk to the turd and predict games? He was funny but nobody got it. I think he was drunk or high when he posted but he knew the Jets inside and out. One time he told me he made a fortune cleaning highrise windows in Honololulu, never knew when that dude was joking or serious.