Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

On 3/13/2021 at 10:17 AM, Drums said:

I still don’t understand why it matters. Why not just keep my vote on jc and then move to jvill? I looked at you first and said what I said when I voted you. Still true. Now you said you’d vote jvill but after I made a bunch of posts about him, sussing him, you voted me instead. Still think he is scummy?

I didn’t know what I would find when looking at ape/jvill. I’m not psychic, didn’t know I would do it. Didn’t even know I’d spend two hours rereading the damn thread isoing all that.

I don’t understand what voting you would matter. You’re very defensive when what I said about you was actually true. 

The point was there is no need to make a post to vote someone and the very next line of the post say "I am going to go read on Ape/Jvill" or whatever the quote was

you didn't know what you would find. you didn't need to announce that was what you were going to do. 

im not defensive, I am calling out illogical play.

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

The point was there is no need to make a post to vote someone and the very next line of the post say "I am going to go read on Ape/Jvill" or whatever the quote was

you didn't know what you would find. you didn't need to announce that was what you were going to do. 

im not defensive, I am calling out illogical play.

how does that illogical play make him scum?

On 3/13/2021 at 11:38 AM, Drums said:

The main reason I have GS as town is because he thinks Crusher is town due to language he used. As I’ve already said, I have thought about that logic (for better or worse) as noob townie. Doesn’t necessarily clear Crusher but for now it is enough for me to have GS leaning town even with the dumb sh*t he is saying. Also helps me feel better about my Stark vote because he has only voted for him and now me (even though he talked about 80 and jvill- the latter he called “probably scum”). 

@Stark thoughts on jvill now? 

have you every said something in a game you don't think is true to see how people react/comment to it?

On 3/13/2021 at 12:18 PM, Drums said:

Stop bitching. Cranky crusher is scum crusher in my experience 

lol, bro. 

On 3/13/2021 at 12:19 PM, The Crusher said:

It’s an observation, not bitching at all. Cranky Crusher is hungry Crusher, it’s has very little to do with my alignment. 

@Drums crush could be scum but if you ask a player a question and don't like their response. then call it "bitching" "cranky" or "defensive" - you have proved nothing other than you disagree with their response

On 3/13/2021 at 2:05 PM, Drums said:

I am still okay with Stark right now. At the very worst, he says he is a Miller, so it would be like lynching VT. One less person for the cop to worry about and we will get some info. Also, he is better as scum (shot Crusher, town watcher, as a 1x vig on night one in my game ffs but was also debating killing JETS for the lulz, in between two wins as scum). 

so you know im not scum?

23 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Crazy busy this weekend, will try and catch up this afternoon. Buying a new house and having a kid at the same time not one of my better ideas.

yeah that sucks... we moved into a new house 8 days after our 1st son was born it sucks... 

also its the weekend. gameplay being low is acceptable. you all act like this internet game of "guess who" is so important to make hourly appearances.

15 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Is anyone else mainly cooking with an air fryer?  We have two and it has about replaced the grill for frequency.  I'm still using the smoker but damn that air fryer is clutch.

love our air fryer, but still use the grill and sus vide... although the less time we keep having the air fryer does come in handy - I still like the whole grilling experience with a few drinks too much

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

You’re not crazy. I illegally edited a post minutes after posting it because it was rude to the forum, and replaced with a high five gif.  

I didn’t know anyone saw it.  But I will re-post the game component of that post and unvote 

I wondered why I had an alert saying "greenseed mentioned you in a post" and then I click it and its just a picture.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Let the people edit.

If you’re editing posts as a means of manipulating game play, the gfy.

Somebod us use it just to fix fat fingering. I also sometime hit submit and then realize I have more to say - I will sometime add insults to a previous post. Only if it’s like right then. If time had passed, then no.

Its not hard to self-police and play ethically.

I mostly do it to fine tune my jokes. Once I read them I typically think of a way to tweet them. I’m not all that concerned with gameplay, I’m here for the lulz

9 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I have been questioning whether or not it's too strict of a rule. I've always made it a point never to do it myself, but perhaps I shouldn't be forcing that on other people. I made the rule to avoid situations where someone edits a post to alter a vote, fix a slip-up, or otherwise retroactively alter their gameplay in a way that's out of the spirit of the game. Admittedly, as far as I remember, someone has only edited a post to alter a vote twice (Greenseed now, which appears wholly innocent, and Pac to add his unvote in post deadline, so his vote counted because he thinks unvoting is dumb.) In my time here I can't recall anyone editing for any of those other reasons I mentioned.

Perhaps the rule is unnecessary, and, should anyone start to abuse the edit function in a dishonest way, we can adjust then and start enforcing the rule.

If enough people want me to, I can abolish the rule. My only intention is to protect the integrity of the game, but maybe I'm not giving people enough credit here.

oh don't b*tch out now.... lol

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I mostly do it to fine tune my jokes. Once I read them I typically think of a way to tweet them. I’m not all that concerned with gameplay, I’m here for the lulz

100% lol, adding a word or rephrasing can make all the difference. 

• Haha 2

On 3/13/2021 at 11:07 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

WTL stark, JiF, greenpeen or JETS in that order. Prefer to let greenpeen & Jets play out for a bit first.

Holding off on voting until we hear back from stark.

13 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

vote stark

nice 

13 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

@Greenseed4 am I crazy or did you unvote Stark before and now it’s gone?

12 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Unvote vote Greenseed

@Greenseed4, splain

12 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

I wouldn’t really care if it didn’t involve a vote

curious to see how this is received in game. when I started playing this would have been basically and instant lynch.. especially if/ when caught. 

On 3/10/2021 at 9:26 AM, Stark said:

I don't think CTM has played a D1 in the last, well its been a while... very curious but the role reveal is a tough one to say is scummy. I have never seen a Miller in 4 years... also CTM ruins everything

I'm flattered that you would think I would like to discuss what appeared to be a mass miller reveal. 

pea brain.... If you didn't get that I am a Miller - Townie from that then look to the the bold

nice drinker... I like the small batch a little more but solid choice.

so this is somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-5 times you specifically mention me for this... 

fish splashing GIF

I am a Miller. I am Town. I am not 3rd Party. I am not Scum, I am not Mafia, I am not a Werwolf - I am just an average golfer a lover of bourbon, whiskey and tequila 

Believe I'm L-2. 

here's my reveal ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Rule 14 

chris evans eat shit GIF

10 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I have been questioning whether or not it's too strict of a rule. I've always made it a point never to do it myself, but perhaps I shouldn't be forcing that on other people. I made the rule to avoid situations where someone edits a post to alter a vote, fix a slip-up, or otherwise retroactively alter their gameplay in a way that's out of the spirit of the game. Admittedly, as far as I remember, someone has only edited a post to alter a vote twice (Greenseed now, which appears wholly innocent, and Pac to add his unvote in post deadline, so his vote counted because he thinks unvoting is dumb.) In my time here I can't recall anyone editing for any of those other reasons I mentioned.

Perhaps the rule is unnecessary, and, should anyone start to abuse the edit function in a dishonest way, we can adjust then and start enforcing the rule.

If enough people want me to, I can abolish the rule. My only intention is to protect the integrity of the game, but maybe I'm not giving people enough credit here.

Personally I think in most cases it’s fine. I’ll only really do it to fix typos and grammar stuff and even then I’ll mostly just let it be. I think most everybody here follows the spirit of the game and won’t cross the line into manipulating old posts or the VC. Stuff in between I think falls into the category of gameplay: if you get caught prepare to have to explain, if you caught someone else you can use to make an interpretation.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Stark said:

nice 

I waited a day and a half, seemed like you were not going to respond. I was going to wait until today but then greenpeen came in and made a weird post about you saying he definitely thinks you're scum and unvoted- then edited it to a gif. Seemed like he felt like he screwed up there and had to change it. Not your fault, but he's created some wifom for you.

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I waited a day and a half, seemed like you were not going to respond. I was going to wait until today but then greenpeen came in and made a weird post about you saying he definitely thinks you're scum and unvoted- then edited it to a gif. Seemed like he felt like he screwed up there and had to change it. Not your fault, but he's created some wifom for you.

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Unvote Vote Stark

bored with D1, desperately want to get the night phase, unashamed band wagon joining, dont give AF

american music awards GIF by AMAs

cool onto Free Agency then

31 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Not following.. why do GS’s actions push you to vote Stark?

3 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Not following.. why do GS’s actions push you to vote Stark?

I was probably voting him already anyway.

But when gs edited the post it read to me as someone who thought they screwed up and wanted to hide it. The original post was weird in that he said he still thought stark was scum but wanted d1 to last forever or something.