4 remaining free agents the Jets should consider

On 6/3/2021 at 10:37 PM, sirlancemehlot said:

I have no problem going with White as the backup QB and dropping Morgan completely.  Same goes for cutting bait with Cam Clarke, he just didn't pan out and we've got plenty of young upstarts looking to fill his job.  At CB, Poole would be my choice.  Sign Moses because Big Ticket likes to take games off and he'll miss time this year, guaranteed.

Well said. Big “and soft” Ticket. 

I'll be the first to admit. I don't watch Washington Redskins football; hated them ever since we started trading Coles/Moss to them along with them stealing away our Guard Randy Thomas (Daniel Snyder $$$) ala Jetskins: I hated them. 

I know absolutely nothingness about Morgan Moses. 

I notice that he's played in 104 games with 97 starts (0 Pro Bowl's/0 All-Pro's). 

But how good was he while playing all of those games? Would he become an immediate upgrade @ RT? And where does he rank amongst other NFL OT's in regards to both talent and production? 

How good and/or bad is this guy?

How about they sign a Fullback? Right now, to my knowledge it's Trevon Wesco, like it or lump it. WTH knows if Wesco can play FB? Assuming he can, WTH how good he'll be. It's purely STUPID for the Jets to Go into TC with no FB candidates.

I am not going to pretend that I studied the D the Jets will be running in 2021, but my understanding is that it will be pretty far from the cover man that Rex used.  Tell me why the Jets would want to make a move for Steve Nelson because he "was ranked among the best man-to-man cover cornerbacks" according to PFF?

Moses is solid, but I didn't think he would be a great fit.  Apparently the team thinks otherwise, or has a some plan for him.  They seem to like the idea, but not enough to go above whatever salary limit they have.  Cutting Crowder's deal may be in play here. 

I get not being in love with Clarke or Morgan.  OTOH, there is no reason to cut them loose now.  We probably know as little about the 2020 and 2021 classes as ever.  Clarke is a small school guy.  There was every indication he would take some time.  Mid-round QBs rarely come in and light it up.  Morgan isn't Russell Wilson.  That doesn't mean there is no value there.   I get the idea that we shouldn't hang onto guys forever just because they were draft picks, but they should get some chance.  None of these guys has had a full camp yet.  

7 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

How about they sign a Fullback? Right now, to my knowledge it's Trevon Wesco, like it or lump it. WTH knows if Wesco can play FB? Assuming he can, WTH how good he'll be. It's purely STUPID for the Jets to Go into TC with no FB candidates.

dont be surprised if last depth chart TE asked to either switch&fill that role or multi-task at both