Jets will win Sunday against the Panthers 31-27. And a star is born!

Alka

Of course anything can happen.   Of course tonight after midnight I will be a raving face painter lol. 

but

the guy I’m worried about is DJ Moore. 

he had 1,193 received yards last year and 1,175 the year before 

yes the game has changed a lot, but those two seasons would BOTH rank in top 7 New York Jets all time single season receiving records!!!

the panthers have a legitimate 3 headed monster. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Alka said:

Wow, I guess the Jets don't have a shot!?  When the Jets had both Darnold and Robby, i imagine the Jets must have won almost every game they played? And Christian McCaffrey?  Wow.

The Jets don't have any great players on their team, do they?  The offensive line and defensive lines are just not important, are they?

It really comes down to if Darnold will have the time to complete his passes, and if the defensive backfield is as incompetent as many think they will be.  

I think that games are won and lost in the trenches, and I really believe that the defensive line will be able to penetrate the offensive line of the Panthers.  Darnold is a good QB, but when has he ever proven to be great?  If he were Tom Brady, or one of the top 15 QBs in the league, then I would feel differently. 

Will the Jets have the time to manage sparingly to complete passes?  If only Sam Darnold will complete passes sparingly, then I would agree with you, then the Jets are in trouble.

Wait what's with the sarcasm?   

I distinctly pointed out that the Jets D-Line needs to get into the Panthers backfield consistently to rattle Sam and cause him to see ghosts 'cause otherwise if they (The Jets D-LINE) aren't able to do that consistently, then the times they don't get to him(or even close to him), all Sam has to do is pick and choose who of the 3-headed Monster(4-headed if you count McCaffrey) to throw to.    And that's where the Jets will be in deep s--t.  

4 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Darnold will have his best game ever, but he won't become a star.

On that team, he won't need to be.    The real stars are McCaffrey, Moore, Robby, and Terrace Marshal Jr.   

I mean let's be honest here : All Sam really has to do is get them the ball and get the F out of the way. 

I have a bad feeling this game may turn into not-quite-a-blowout but certainly a loss by 2 scores(minimum) to 4 scores(maximum).

Hope I'm wrong(and will gladly eat my crow with BBQ sauce) but....I don't think I will be in this case.

3 minutes ago, Vin said:

On that team, he won't need to be.    The real stars are McCaffrey, Moore, Robby, and Terrace Marshal Jr.   

I mean let's be honest here : All Sam really has to do is get them the ball and get the F out of the way. 

Well that's the problem with Sam Darnold, isn't it?  Even on short screen passes to McCaffrey he's going to f**k that up from time to time.

11 hours ago, Vin said:

Wait what's with the sarcasm? 

Sorry, you are right.  I understand all the negativism from my fellow Jets fans, especially since the Jets have sucked for many years now.

But the upward climb has to start somewhere, and I believe that it starts with this game.  I realize that the Jets are not going to the playoffs this year, but I see positive signs that I believe will surprise many people.  

Like I said, if I am wrong about this game, no more prediction threads from me this season!  I am cautiously optimistic, and it all starts with the positive mindset of the players and coaches. 

I see it in the players, and I believe it to be true.  One thing I can promise you about this game, and that is that this Jets team will be fighting for 60 minutes on that field today, and that much you can be sure of.

I will take my lumps now, thank you!  

Why I was wrong?

Many reasons, but for me, the failure of the offensive line was profound!  Not protecting Zach was the nails in the coffin.  No real running game as well.  I predicted that the Jets would get 31 points.  Not with that offensive line!  I expected a lot more from Quinnen Williams, and I must have missed him somehow, but I just didn't hear his name called.

After that, McCaffery was certainly the best player on the field for either team.  The best player for the Jets was Amendola.  

The play of Darnold did not surprise me whatsoever.  I also feel that Zach Wilson is the real deal, and he will only progress as long as he can get protection from the offensive line, which right now I don't see.

I think that I would spend every draft pick for next season on the offensive line, and hope that 2 or 3 of them can break the starting unit.  

I did predict that the Jets would get 6 wins for the season, and I will stick to that number.  I'm sure other people can argue that my win total for the year is too high.  Perhaps. 

On 9/7/2021 at 9:52 AM, Alka said:

That's right, a star is born and his name is Zach Wilson. Zach will be the star of the day and lift the Jets to their first win of 2021. 

One thing that will come into play is that we have not seen the real Jets team yet, and that Jets team will highlight a supercharged Quinnen Williams and Rankins clogging up the middle, and a surprising pass rush from Shaq Lawson and Huff around the edge on defense.  Yes, the Jets cornerbacks will get singed if not torched, but will keep things in front of them, and look for opportunities against the sometimes indecisive Darnold. 

On offense, you will see a very effective running game with fresh legs from different running backs and a highly motivated left side of the offensive line opening up holes for the running game to flourish.

And no game is complete without a Sam Darnold interception, which will occur at some point in the game.

Note: A couple of years ago I started threads predicting each Jets game, and I got about 5 games in a row correct.  My pledge is the first game I get wrong, I will stop my predictions for the balance of the year.  So, If I'm wrong on this game, you won't see any more prediction threads from me from the rest of this year. That's either a good thing or a bad thing, I guess.

You might want to refrain from bold future predictions. This is the Jets afterall

4 hours ago, Alka said:

I will take my lumps now, thank you!  

Why I was wrong?

Many reasons, but for me, the failure of the offensive line was profound!  Not protecting Zach was the nails in the coffin.  No real running game as well.  I predicted that the Jets would get 31 points.  Not with that offensive line!  I expected a lot more from Quinnen Williams, and I must have missed him somehow, but I just didn't hear his name called.

After that, McCaffery was certainly the best player on the field for either team.  The best player for the Jets was Amendola.  

The play of Darnold did not surprise me whatsoever.  I also feel that Zach Wilson is the real deal, and he will only progress as long as he can get protection from the offensive line, which right now I don't see.

I think that I would spend every draft pick for next season on the offensive line, and hope that 2 or 3 of them can break the starting unit.  

I did predict that the Jets would get 6 wins for the season, and I will stick to that number.  I'm sure other people can argue that my win total for the year is too high.  Perhaps. 

His long bomb to Robbie did not surprise me either. 

Nor did his overall stat line.

Though the LACK of INTs were a bit surprising, though.