Why not Patrick Ramsey?

YJF

There seem to be a lot of jet and football fans who are against The Jets going out and picking up Redskins quarterback Patrick Ramsey. The former first round pick out of Tulane.

I just don

I completely agree. Trading for Ramsey is low-risk, high reward.

How many 1st round quarterbacks throw more touchdowns than interceptions in their first two seasons, then are given up on? Ramsey being forced out of Washington has more to do with Joe Gibbs not wanting to wait on a young QB to develop than it does about Ramsey's abilities.

I think Ramsey would be a great pickup. Hell, for a 6th. I would like to see the Patriots pick him up as a backup. The guy was in a horrible situation in Washington. He couldn't so much as sneeze without being benched. Washington pretty much ruined him but I think for a 6th. it would be worth the risk for a good coaching staff to try to turn him around.

id like to see the Jets pick him up THIS IS A JETS BOARD New England is thataway-------------------------------------------------------------->

I've been here longer than you and I'll still be here when you are in the nuthouse after having a nervous breakdown due to Patriots fans on a Jets board.

I think Ramsey would be a great pickup. Hell, for a 6th. I would like to see the Patriots pick him up as a backup. The guy was in a horrible situation in Washington. He couldn't so much as sneeze without being benched. Washington pretty much ruined him but I think for a 6th. it would be worth the risk for a good coaching staff to try to turn him around.

QB is the one position in The NFL where player get better as they get older and get more experience. The game slows down for them.

Patrick Ramsey has franchise QB tools. A team has nothing to lose by taking a chance on him. Especially, The Jets situation. If he doesn't pan out. He's one and done. At the very worst, He can be a decent backup in 06.

QB is the one position in The NFL where player get better as they get older and get more experience. The game slows down for them.

Patrick Ramsey has franchise QB tools. A team has nothing to lose by taking a chance on him. Especially, The Jets situation. If he doesn't pan out. He's one and done. At the very worst, He can be a decent backup in 06.

there isn't much risk in bringing ramsey in for a late rd pick - but does anyone actually think that ramsey is the long-term solution? if not, then why not give the ball to the future? especially in a year where the jets are not likely to be competitive.

Ramsey was star-crossed from the get go. I don't think Spurrier wanted him, and it was a match made in hell. I think about QB's like Trent Dilfer, Chris Chandler and Brad Johnson who didn't fair well with the team that drafted them, but once they got a second chance with somebody else they did ok. Even Brett Favre was second or third string on the Falcons for a few years (behind Billy Joe Tolliver on the depth chart). I think Ramsey deserves a second shot.

there isn't much risk in bringing ramsey in for a late rd pick - but does anyone actually think that ramsey is the long-term solution? if not, then why not give the ball to the future? especially in a year where the jets are not likely to be competitive.

The Jets need insurance for Chad Pennington. That's the bottom line. The young QB, The Jets draft may not be ready to play right out the gate.

So that puts the team in a situation where they need another capable starting QB. That's where Kitna, Ramsey, McCown etc come in.

Signing a young QB with starting experience also gives The Jets, the option of picking something other than a QB in the first round of this years draft.

What if Pennington returns to previous form or what if Ramsey starts to blossom as an NFL QB. Ramsey has the talent to become a long term solution but even if he doesn't. It doesn't hurt The Jets in 2006.

The Jets need insurance for Chad Pennington. That's the bottom line. The young QB, The Jets draft may not be ready to play right out the gate.

So that puts the team in a situation where they need another capable starting QB. That's where Kitna, Ramsey, McCown etc come in.

Signing a young QB with starting experience also gives The Jets, the option of picking something other than a QB in the first round of this years draft.

What if Pennington returns to previous form or what if Ramsey starts to blossom as an NFL QB. Ramsey has the talent to become a long term solution but even if he doesn't. It doesn't hurt The Jets in 2006.

schaub

Ramsey was star-crossed from the get go. I don't think Spurrier wanted him, and it was a match made in hell. I think about QB's like Trent Dilfer, Chris Chandler and Brad Johnson who didn't fair well with the team that drafted them, but once they got a second chance with somebody else they did ok. Even Brett Favre was second or third string on the Falcons for a few years (behind Billy Joe Tolliver on the depth chart). I think Ramsey deserves a second shot.

OK then, how long would you be willing to wait on him to develop then?

Schaub requires a second round pick.

Ramsey requires a sixth.

a 2nd is certainly better than using the #4 overall and a $20M signing bonus on a developmental player. Schaub would start from day 1 and would likely be the qb of the future.

abe for schaub + atl's 2nd rd pick

With a change of scennery and getting out of Grandpa Gibbs' Retirement Home would do him a world of change. Ramsey is a young player with loads of talent and behind a good OLine with a guy like LC who he worked with for 2 years, more then Chad worked with in real game situations if you look at it that way. Ramsey has a strong arm and is pretty accurate. He had a ****ty line in Washington and no WR's to go with Coles. Now yeah, McCareins and Cotchery arn't great but they're sure as **** better then the AFL WR's Washington had. Ramsey was blasted in Washington and was never given a great chance. 1 half of football before he gets pulled? Give me a break. Ramsey shined in 2003 when he made 11 starts.

Ramsey has a trait that you like in that he proved to be a tough player- he got knocked around pretty good behind Washington's line and kept battling

He is is stil young and has a good arm - we have a chance to turn him around sounds good with not much risk to us

Ramsey has a trait that you like in that he proved to be a tough player- he got knocked around pretty good behind Washington's line and kept battling

He is is stil young and has a good arm - we have a chance to turn him around sounds good with not much risk to us

I was concerned about his happy feet but if you get knocked around hard enough,you develope happy feet. For a 5th rd pick this is an absolute heist. We would have to be very lucky to get a quality back up in the 5th rd,especially one who is game ready.

Archived