What About Joe Douglas? ?

If this was a movie, here's how it would play out.

Woody goes into JD's office. Says Joe you've done a helluva job getting draft capital in return for guys who we weren't gonna re-sign anyway. You're a master of distress asset sales.

JD beams, "Hey thanks, boss. Willing to do whatever it takes to make a team we can be proud of. Have to separate the personal side from the business side.

Woody: "I've got another one for you, Joe. Your toughest assignment yet but you could sell a turd to the sewer."

JD leans in, interested, "Who do you want to move on from? Davis? Q?"

Woody runs his finger over the credenza, looks at his dusty pointer with disadin, "Joe, I need you to trade yourself."  

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bleh.  I’ve been among his biggest defenders but I just don’t care anymore.  This franchise won’t win d*ck until the Johnson’s die or sell the team. 

We thought that of Hess as well, but it seems we are cursed no matter what we do. Not sure if you're a METS fan also, but we thought that Cohen buying the METS would be the best thing. Finally someone other than the Wilpon's. Not sure why the JETS are so cursed, but I'm not even sure if the Johnson's sold this dumpster fire would it even matter lol...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

It's really great that we are holding the GM of one of the most expensive franchises in American sports to high standards.

It's all we have left...

for me 6 decades of crappy football with a few a bright spots

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Wouldn't be surprised if a conversation like this happened. But signing Joe Flacco seems like malicious compliance by JD. "Oh, you want a vet QB? I'll show you a vet QB you rich bastids..."

lol.

Well I hope it didnt happen, but this is def first time since Joe has been here that he has done something that I cant really understand. I mean it might be the right move idk, i dont think so, but joe did so we will see. Someone said it is so that other players might have a chance to play and grow and not stunt the whole team. that made some sense or at least I can understand that, but i just dont think flacco did much before while here so dont expect much now. That being said it is a deff and better system so who knows.

It did seem that the system is better suited for someone like him .