Vikings Sign Ryan Longwell

The Troll

Vikings | Longwell agrees to terms

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:41:17 -0800

Mark Craig, of the Star Tribune, reports free agent PK Ryan Longwell (Packers) has agreed to an undisclosed contract with the Minnesota Vikings.

Vikings | Contract update: R. Longwell

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:44:56 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton and Len Pasquarelli report Minnesota Vikings PK Ryan Longwell agreed to a five-year, $10 million deal with the team. Included in the deal is a $3 million signing bonus.

----------------------------

Good signing by Minnesota. Longwell has put the dagger in their hearts many times.

Well there goes the kicker I wanted to see in a Patriots uniform. The funny thing is kickers are flying off of the market at *GASP* reasonable contracts. Yet here we have Vinatieri unsigned. Maybe he's not the hot comodity that he thinks he is.

Well there goes the kicker I wanted to see in a Patriots uniform. The funny thing is kickers are flying off of the market at *GASP* reasonable contracts. Yet here we have Vinatieri unsigned. Maybe he's not the hot comodity that he thinks he is.

Exactly.

AV will be in for a huge surprise if he thinks he is going to get $3+ mil from some team.

Not gonna happen for a friggn' kicker.

Paying $3+ plus mil for a kicker is the equivalent of drafting one in the 2nd round.

Just plain stupid.

Exactly.

AV will be in for a huge surprise if he thinks he is going to get $3+ mil from some team.

Paying $3+ plus mil for a kicker is the equivalent of drafting one in the 2nd round.

Just plain stupid.

2nd Rd:

Nugent > Bethel Johnson.

and who is your kicker this year? too cheap to pay av nice show of loyalty let the demise begin

Yea, it's real smart to pay players huge bucks for what they accomplished in the past.

Kinda like the Jets have done with Vinny, CuMar, Jones and Lewis.

How did that "loyalty" turn out?

Yea, it's real smart to pay players huge bucks for what they accomplished in the past.

Kinda like the Jets have done with Vinny, CuMar, Jones and Lewis.

How did that "loyalty" turn out?

it turned out just like your season last year no superbowl. back to the subject who is your kicker?

it turned out just like your season last year no superbowl. back to the subject who is your kicker?

We don't have a kicker right now but rest assured when we do, he'll be better than Nugent and won't have cost us a second round pick.

Exactly.

Just plain stupid.

Dan Synder is gonna pay him.

Typical.

The Vikes tried to wrest Paul Edinger away from Chicago two years ago by offering him a signing sheet, which was matched.

Last year, the Bears ended up letting Edinger go, and he eventually signed with Minny. Now, Minny goes out and signs Longell to a good sized deal. Too much time and effort, imo, in trying to secure one position.

Too much time and effort, imo, in trying to secure one position.

Must not be that much time and effort. They just got done making a monster offer to Steve Hutchinson. Doesn't look like the Seahawks will be matching it either.

kraft getting cheap in his old age?

av won new england many games.

Are you really that stupid?

Why would the Pats pay a kicker $3 mil plus dollars for what he did in the past?

That might be the Jets way of thinking, and it is one of the reasons why they haven't played in a Super Bowl in 37 years.

You don't pay players for what they have done in the past, you pay them on what they will do in the future.

Not exactly rocket science.

Are you really that stupid?

Why would the Pats pay a kicker $3 mil plus dollars for what he did in the past?

That might be the Jets way of thinking, and it is one of the reasons why they haven't played in a Super Bowl in 37 years.

You don't pay players for what they have done in the past, you pay them on what they will do in the future.

Not exactly rocket science.

ok then look into the new england crystal ball and tell me who the next great kicker will be.dude crawl back under the rock

ok then look into the new england crystal ball and tell me who the next great kicker will be.dude crawl back under the rock

Dude,

Kickers are a dime a dozen.

Some of the best kickers in NFL history have been UDFA's.

In the overall scheme of things, the Pats kicker for next year is pretty low on the totum pole for what they have to do.

I'll tell you one thing, the Pats won't waste a draft pick on a friggn' kicker.

Dude,

Kickers are a dime a dozen.

Some of the best kickers in NFL history have been UDFA's.

In the overall scheme of things, the Pats kicker for next year is pretty low on the totum pole for what they have to do.

I'll tell you one thing, the Pats won't waste a draft pick on a friggn' kicker.

dude guys like nugent was supposed to be dont come around too often so they say. congrats on your teams accomplishments you are the man.win or lose im a Jets fan and i will never gloat about it.

Pats will be lucky to win three games this season! Jets take the East for sure - that potential Pennington/Ramsey dynamic duo has wrought fear throughout the AFC East Division. I hear Saban and Belichick have started wearing depends because they are so scared. Buffalo is planning on forfeiting the season.

Pats will be lucky to win three games this season! Jets take the East for sure - that potential Pennington/Ramsey dynamic duo has wrought fear throughout the AFC East Division. I hear Saban and Belichick have started wearing depends because they are so scared. Buffalo is planning on forfeiting the season.

That's exactly why Garb is one of the best posters on this board.

Must not be that much time and effort. They just got done making a monster offer to Steve Hutchinson. Doesn't look like the Seahawks will be matching it either.

Yes, I saw that. Terrific player, but far too much money imo, for a guard. That is money typically spent on a franchise LT. I guarantee you that in two, three years, they will be approaching him to restructure his deal.

Archived