Zach Wilson was OUTSTANDING vs the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday! All-22 Film Breakdown!... an Aussies take

jetsons

29 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

You see low passes on in breaking routes like that completed over the middle of the field almost every game in the NFL and nobody bats an eye.

And that's fine but to say the ball was "perfectly placed" is asinine.  I'm sure Zach would openly say that he clearly didnt put that ball in the best place.  He really didnt need to make the receiver dive to catch a ball 2 inches off the ground.   Could have easily put it on his numbers, which I'd assume is a better placed ball, no? 

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

And that's fine but to say the ball was "perfectly placed" is asinine.  I'm sure Zach would openly say that he clearly didnt put that ball in the best place.  He really didnt need to make the receiver dive to catch a ball 2 inches off the ground.   Could have easily put it on his numbers, which I'd assume is a better placed ball, no? 

I'm definitely not going to claim it was perfect.  But that doesn't mean it was necessarily off target either.  My previous post in this thread has my thoughts on it.  I do honestly think it was meant to be thrown low to limit the chance of a turnover throwing the a guy just elevated from the practice squad who was about to get thumped.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

I'm definitely not going to claim it was perfect.  But that doesn't mean it was necessarily off target either.  My previous post in this thread has my thoughts on it.  I do honestly think it was meant to be thrown low to limit the chance of a turnover throwing the a guy just elevated from the practice squad who was about to get thumped.

Never claimed it was off target, just the idea that it was perfectly placed, is asinine. 

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Never claimed it was off target, just the idea that it was perfectly placed, is asinine. 

You said you assumed hitting him in the numbers would be a better place, which I'm not sure is necessarily the case so I was assuming you were thinking it was off target.

All in all, it's another one of those "we don't know the intent" throws.  All I know is you see those types of passes thrown almost every game by every QB and nobody seems to mind the ball being placed like that.  In fact, it's usually praised by the commentators and said that the catch should have been made.  You see those same passes being caught in the college game all the time from role players that never sniff the NFL.

This board August 31: I don't care if we win or lose.. I just want to see Zach make progress

This board currently: I don't care if he made progress - it means nothing - Geno had a perfect passer rating once.  Sam... oh Sam... oh Sam... he showed flashes.

Seriously.  The collective IQ on this board has to be slightly below a functioning moron.

2 hours ago, rtnelson said:

You said you assumed hitting him in the numbers would be a better place, which I'm not sure is necessarily the case so I was assuming you were thinking it was off target.

All in all, it's another one of those "we don't know the intent" throws.  All I know is you see those types of passes thrown almost every game by every QB and nobody seems to mind the ball being placed like that.  In fact, it's usually praised by the commentators and said that the catch should have been made.  You see those same passes being caught in the college game all the time from role players that never sniff the NFL.

Exactly.  It's all speculation.  So how can you say it was perfectly placed?  When I look at the play, the ball gets there before the safety crashes down, so I dont know why it would necessitate throwing the ball 2 inches off the ground?  But I digress, I dont know, none of us do, so I still think it's very silly to say that it was perfectly placed.   That's all.

2 hours ago, elvispookie said:

This board August 31: I don't care if we win or lose.. I just want to see Zach make progress

This board currently: I don't care if he made progress - it means nothing - Geno had a perfect passer rating once.  Sam... oh Sam... oh Sam... he showed flashes.

Seriously.  The collective IQ on this board has to be slightly below a functioning moron.

Generic generalizations are commonly considered to be too nonspecific, all-encompassing and overly broad, generally.

i.e. "The Board" doesn't say anything in unison, certainly not here.  

With that said, I don't think we have too many posters who would agree with "I don't care if he made progress - it means nothing".

Implicitly or explicitly.