Dane Brugler Mock Draft 2.0

BurntDice

I just think its over played to say the jets secondary wasnt good lets give them Stingley.  I dont see it happening. especially at 4.  Its Edge or reach for an OL at that pick i believe, then 10 its trade down or take whatever you didnt take at 4.  

Right now if you ask me, stingley would have to blowwwww up the combine, all predraft interviews, and all predarft workouts to go top 5.  KID HAS BARELY PLAYED AND HAS NO GOOD FILM FOR 2 YEARS.  maybe theres something im missing?  idk 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I just think its over played to say the jets secondary wasnt good lets give them Stingley.  I dont see it happening. especially at 4.  Its Edge or reach for an OL at that pick i believe, then 10 its trade down or take whatever you didnt take at 4.  

Right now if you ask me, stingley would have to blowwwww up the combine, all predraft interviews, and all predarft workouts to go top 5.  KID HAS BARELY PLAYED AND HAS NO GOOD FILM FOR 2 YEARS.  maybe theres something im missing?  idk 

Maybe he's training with Dee Milliner? 

• Haha 1

Jets repeatedly passing on edge rushers is a little odd.

Karlaftis has been in that range, the board just hasn't caught up because everyone’s too busy on the mock draft machines.

I don’t think Brugler knows where to put Stingley and think he’d rather move him down gradually than move him down and back up and look indecisive and the Jets make a good placeholder since the logic tracks for those who don’t follow the team and the draft seriously. I’ll be really surprised if he’s a pick for the Jets at 4 in mocks by draft day. 

I posted in another thread that trades will be about getting ahead of teams for specific players. I think both Brugler and Kiper have tackles going 5/6. If a team wants one of those top guys they know they need to get ahead of there. Could benefit the Jets, especially if one goes top three. Not sure there’s another clear need unfortunately and the Panthers don’t really have the capital to get ahead of the Giants.

Same thing with the serious QB range starting at 11 but the Steelers and Saints sitting at 20 and 18. Both those teams have been aggressive in the past and 10 is very much in range for them.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, derp said:

Jets repeatedly passing on edge rushers is a little odd.

Karlaftis has been in that range, the board just hasn't caught up because everyone’s too busy on the mock draft machines.

I don’t think Brugler knows where to put Stingley and think he’d rather move him down gradually than move him down and back up and look indecisive and the Jets make a good placeholder since the logic tracks for those who don’t follow the team and the draft seriously. I’ll be really surprised if he’s a pick for the Jets at 4 in mocks by draft day. 

I posted in another thread that trades will be about getting ahead of teams for specific players. I think both Brugler and Kiper have tackles going 5/6. If a team wants one of those top guys they know they need to get ahead of there. Could benefit the Jets, especially if one goes top three. Not sure there’s another clear need unfortunately and the Panthers don’t really have the capital to get ahead of the Giants.

Same thing with the serious QB range starting at 11 but the Steelers and Saints sitting at 20 and 18. Both those teams have been aggressive in the past and 10 is very much in range for them.

10 is the pick to trade.. Its the most logical landing spot for a QB if a team falls for one, you have two teams after us that realistically could take one in the WFT and Vikings.  The only thing that gets murky is that right ahead of the Jets are two teams that could potentially take a QB too in the Falcons and Broncos. If the broncos add someone in FA and the FAlcons decide to hold off. that pick at 10 gets very very very interesting for teams like the steelers and saints 

27 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

10 is the pick to trade.. Its the most logical landing spot for a QB if a team falls for one, you have two teams after us that realistically could take one in the WFT and Vikings.  The only thing that gets murky is that right ahead of the Jets are two teams that could potentially take a QB too in the Falcons and Broncos. If the broncos add someone in FA and the FAlcons decide to hold off. that pick at 10 gets very very very interesting for teams like the steelers and saints 

Depends who those teams like too. This class seems pretty flat.