Pitt/Jets trade at #10. 3-Round Mock. Thoughts?

32EBoozer

I'll be very surprised if JD does not take a legit OT somewhere in the first two rounds, even if he resigns Moses or a hold-the-fort free agent for RT. They have to assume the worst...that Becton is going to bust.  And Fant had some knee problems last year and will be a free agent after the season. 

They need a good young swing tackle who can start within a year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I'd trade 10 to 20 for just Pitts 2nd rounder. If Sauce Gardner was there at 10 I'd probably pick him, but outside of him (or something dumb happening like Hamilton/Icky/Thibbs/whoever you love that is projected to go top 6) I really don't see that big of a difference btwn the player pool at 10 vs. 20. 

At 10 the most common picks to us are either one of the CBs, WRs or Edges. 

This draft is deepest at edge - so I'd be fine taking whoever is left over from Jermaine Johnson, GK, Travon Walker, Ojabo, Ebiketie

WR - I prefer Wilson/Burks - but would rather have London or Dotson + Jeremy Ruckert in the second for free than just Wilson/Burks (and decent chance one of them is still available at 20)

CB - I like Sauce, but assuming he isn't there would be fine settling with McDuffie or Booth or Gordon at 20 

Additionally falling back to 20 makes it more palpable to take a prospect that may have a higher rating  but at a less impactful position. I'm thinking Linderbaum, Lloyd/Dean, or Zion Johnson/Kenyon Green. 

I just don't see the value in picking at ten. Last year I thought there was a steep drop off in prospect talent after the top 15. 5 QBs, 3 elite WRs, Pitts, Parsons, Surtain & Horn, Sewell & Slater, and AVT. I loved the trade up last year b/c I felt there was a big difference btwn AVT and a Teven Jenkins or whoever we would have selected at 23. 

This year I think there are maybe 5-6 players in a tier, but even that tier is way murkier than last year. Any chance to move back and get more picks in the 15-50 range I am all for. 

• Upvote 3

theres buzz out today that the jets "Really love Hamilton". Which i believe... I also believe that he will not be the pick at 4... If he makes it to 10?  i think theres consideration there. 

4 is going to be hutchinson or ekwonu.  A lot can happen between then and now, but as of feb 23rd thats my belief from everything I have heard.  

Its Ekwonu or bust, unless hutchinson falls, in which case you'd assume neal and ekwonu are already gone.  

this is the most unrealistic mock i have seen.

so Carolina will trade next year's #1 to move up 2 spots to take a qb? why? the Jets and Giants aren't drafting one. 

and the Steelers giving us next years 1 to move up? 

i thought this was a bad QB class and a Avg draft all together. not superstar heavy right? you have to figure next year will be better. why would a team trade their #1 next year to move up this year?

and the Dolphins will give us a #1 for a 4th rd pick? what is this guy smoking? 

and we give the Giants Trey McBride for what? maybe a 4th? don't we need a TE too? great so we will have front row seats to watch McBride make us regret this move.

worst mock ever!