2000-2021 All Time Late Rounds Jets Team

Board at work. Don't really know what to think of this, but here ya go.

Draft Picks for this team are from the late rounds 4-7 range and drafted between 2000-2021.

I didnt go past 2000 for sake of time. Anyone drafted earlier than that feel free to switch them out below. Do any of these guys make the All NFL Late Round Draft Team? 

LB and DE were so bad I didn't even bother so please fill in with others from the past.

Those who just missed the cut include: L. Coles, D. Davis, E. Smith, all 3rd rounders. 

QB - Brad Smith 4th Round (2006) (Yea, we're running wildcat with this offense)       CB- Bryce Hall 5th Round (2020)

RB- Leon Washington 4th Round (2006)                                                                       CB- Dwight Lowery 4th Round (2008)

RB- Bilal Powell 4th Round (2011)                                                                                 CB- Michael Carter II 5th Round (2020)

TE- Chris Herndon 4th Round (2018)                                                                              S- Kerry Rhodes 4th Round (2005)

WR - Jericho Cotchery 4th Round (2004)                                                                       S- Erik Coleman 5th Round (2004)

WR - Jeremy Kerley 5th Round (2011)                                                                            LB- Blake Cashman 5th Round (2019)

WR- Quincy Enunwa 6th Round (2014)                                                                           LB- N/A

LT- Brandon Shell 5th Round (2016)                                                                                 DE- N/A

RT- Dakota Dozier 4th Round (2014)                                                                                DE- N/A

RG- Matt Slauson 6th Round (2009)                                                                                  DL- James Reed 7th Round (2001)

LG- Oday Aboushi 5th Round (2013)                                                                                 DL- Foli Fatukasi 6th Round (2018)

C- Johnathan Goodwin 5th Round (2002)

• Upvote 1

If you include undrafted free agents during this time period Brandon Moore and Mike DeVito would be excellent candidates 

On 2/23/2022 at 7:16 PM, GangGreen Machine said:

Perfect he will fit right in! I feel like I couldn't find a LB or DE who didn't get cut right away. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 2/23/2022 at 7:04 PM, GangGreen Machine said:

Board at work. Don't really know what to think of this, but here ya go.

Draft Picks for this team are from the late rounds 4-7 range and drafted between 2000-2021.

I didnt go past 2000 for sake of time. Anyone drafted earlier than that feel free to switch them out below. Do any of these guys make the All NFL Late Round Draft Team? 

LB and DE were so bad I didn't even bother so please fill in with others from the past.

Those who just missed the cut include: L. Coles, D. Davis, E. Smith, all 3rd rounders. 

QB - Brad Smith 4th Round (2006) (Yea, we're running wildcat with this offense)       CB- Bryce Hall 5th Round (2020)

RB- Leon Washington 4th Round (2006)                                                                       CB- Dwight Lowery 4th Round (2008)

RB- Bilal Powell 4th Round (2011)                                                                                 CB- Michael Carter II 5th Round (2020)

TE- Chris Herndon 4th Round (2018)                                                                              S- Kerry Rhodes 4th Round (2005)

WR - Jericho Cotchery 4th Round (2004)                                                                       S- Erik Coleman 5th Round (2004)

WR - Jeremy Kerley 5th Round (2011)                                                                            LB- Blake Cashman 5th Round (2019)

WR- Quincy Enunwa 6th Round (2014)                                                                           LB- N/A

LT- Brandon Shell 5th Round (2016)                                                                                 DE- N/A

RT- Dakota Dozier 4th Round (2014)                                                                                DE- N/A

RG- Matt Slauson 6th Round (2009)                                                                                  DL- James Reed 7th Round (2001)

LG- Oday Aboushi 5th Round (2013)                                                                                 DL- Foli Fatukasi 6th Round (2018)

C- Johnathan Goodwin 5th Round (2002)

I believe this team could beat the current Jets.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That's a pretty terrible list overall.

Sooner or later the jets have to find a kittle or antiono brown, stephon diggs (before he went nuts) caliber of player

The Jets seem to not even find quality depth at these picks except for a handful of guys the past 2 decades. Makes it so important to hit on the 4 in the top 40’s this year. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2022 at 11:27 PM, GangGreen Machine said:

The Jets seem to not even find quality depth at these picks except for a handful of guys the past 2 decades. Makes it so important to hit on the 4 in the top 40’s this year. 

It's so important to hit on your picks in the first three rounds.  The Jets seem to have been particularly bad in the 2nd round in recent decades.  Long gone are the days when they got guys like Wesley Walker and Mark Gastineau in the 2nd round.  Marcus Maye was okay in 2017 but is probably a goner, now. You gotta go back to 2007 with David Harris for a guy who had a really good career with the Jets.  Then, go back many more years...

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

One name that can definitely be added to this list.......C Joe Fields, drafted 14th rd, pick 379, in 1975 out of Widener College. Started from 1975-1987. Two time pro Bowler, One year 1st team All pro.

I think it is often overlooked just how good some of those mid/late 70s drafts were.  Core of the early 80s contenders were built slowly through several years, including a bunch of late round gems: Fields, Dan Alexander, Klecko, Abdul Salaam, Pat Ryan/Matt Robinson, .  Add in a bunch of early rounds hits like Wesley Walker, Chris Ward, Marvin Powell, Marty Lyons, Greg Buttle, Mickey Shuler and Mark Gastineau. 

We need to string together a few draft like that right now.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think it is often overlooked just how good some of those mid/late 70s drafts were.  Core of the early 80s contenders were built slowly through several years, including a bunch of late round gems: Fields, Dan Alexander, Klecko, Abdul Salaam, Pat Ryan/Matt Robinson, .  Add in a bunch of early rounds hits like Wesley Walker, Chris Ward, Marvin Powell, Marty Lyons, Greg Buttle, Mickey Shuler and Mark Gastineau. 

We need to string together a few draft like that right now.

I know...when some of the guys put up those games from like 79-86, you almost want to cry because you see and remember just what you said, how many good players we had and how good those teams usually were.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

I know...when some of the guys put up those games from like 79-86, you almost want to cry because you see and remember just what you said, how many good players we had and how good those teams usually were.

Yep.  And in typical Jets style, something always seemed to go wrong that prevented us from going all the way.  Klecko injury, roughing the passer penalty, deluge on an uncovered field, firing the guy who may have turned out to be the best HC we have had because of a drunkin tirade after said deluge.  Always something getting in the way.

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yep.  And in typical Jets style, something always seemed to go wrong that prevented us from going all the way.  Klecko injury, roughing the passer penalty, deluge on an uncovered field, firing the guy who may have turned out to be the best HC we have had because of a drunkin tirade after said deluge.  Always something getting in the way.

Since you brought it up..........?     Third year of tix, my first home playoff game vs Buffalo. Also my birthday. Bruce Harper fumbles opening KO, they run it in. Before end of Q1, down 24-0. We come almost all the way back, down 4, and have great drive last 5 mins or so. Have 1st and goal with just about a minute left. On 2nd down, Todd doesn't see Gaffney frantically waving his arms, wide open in back of end zone. next play, Todd recovers, and hits Bill Simpson right between the numbers. Slight problem as many of us know, he was the Bills SS. The rest , they say, is misery, I mean history.