Leo Chenal

I've never heard of Leo Chenal but some random Twitter person is saying he's similar to Ray Lewis.  I'm confident that's not accurate but maybe this guy is a good prospect anyway?  Anyone know anything about him?  We could certainly use another LB.

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I've never heard of Leo Chenal but some random Twitter person is saying he's similar to Ray Lewis.  I'm confident that's not accurate but maybe this guy is a good prospect anyway?  Anyone know anything about him?  We could certainly use another LB.

Leo Chenal tested all kinds of freaky but it doesn’t look that way on tape. He’s strong and aggressive with immense blitzing talent. He was not asked to move laterally or cover very often so I don’t know if he can do it but teams have to sort that out. He’s my off-ball LB 4 but I’m not sure he’s a fit for our team.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

He’s not Ray Lewis. 

No one is Ray Lewis.

Having watched every snap Leo ever played in college, I can tell you he is a beast that lives to play football. He is a Wisconsin boy, ala TJ and JJ Watt. You want this type of player and person on your team. I am bias towards Wisconsin natives, but we grow them the right way over here.

Runs a 4.5 40 at 6'3" 255. You shouldn't be that fast at that size. 

Play him as "Buck" LB in the pros, and you will be happy as hell you have him. 

Would be a huge steal in the 3rd round. I see him going to the Steelers in the 2nd though. They already know about the return you get from Wisconsin boys. 

'Death Row' is what we call ILBs at Wisconsin. 

1353098851-850x560.webp.37e49ba31f0d74b0086983432b51c8d0.webp

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, PackerNation said:

No one is Ray Lewis.

Having watched every snap Leo ever played in college, I can tell you he is a beast that lives to play football. He is a Wisconsin boy, ala TJ and JJ Watt. You want this type of player and person on your team. I am bias towards Wisconsin natives, but we grow them the right way over here.

Runs a 4.5 40 at 6'3" 255. You shouldn't be that fast at that size. 

Play him as "Buck" LB in the pros, and you will be happy as hell you have him. 

Would be a huge steal in the 3rd round. I see him going to the Steelers in the 2nd though. They already know about the return you get from Wisconsin boys. 

'Death Row' is what we call ILBs at Wisconsin. 

1353098851-850x560.webp.37e49ba31f0d74b0086983432b51c8d0.webp

Buck LBs are really relevant in this defense. He’s a good player just not really a fit for the Jets, unless they think they can rewire him

• Upvote 1

The Seahawks guy seemed to like him.  They rely a bunch on PFF and I think PFF had him as #1 in run stop rate and pass rush win rate and have him as #35 overall and #3 at the position behind Lloyd and Dean (who they feel is super small). 

Two of the advanced stats that PFF includes in their Draft Guide are Run-Stop Rate and Pass-Rush Win Rate. Chenal was #1 in both categories (among these 8 linebackers) - and he was #1 in run-stop rate by a very large margin. Add Chenal’s size (6-2, 261) to that, plus his reputation as a THUMPER and ... I’m intrigued. Chenal shouldn’t be expected to “replace” Bwagz (or even K.J. Wright), but a linebacker version of Kam Chancellor sounds like fun!

seattle-seahawks-2022-nfl-draft-primer-linebackers

That early 2nd round seems like a good spot to get a LB (either with 35 or 38) not named Nokobe Dean or Devin Lloyd.

Not sure about Leo Chenal but the guys I'm seeing with 2nd round grades are Chad Muma, Christian Harris, maybe Quay Walker, etc.

Who might be a good fit for the Jets out of the second tier after Dean and Lloyd are gone?

Does Chenal seem like a player who could transition to 3-4 OLB.?  Seems like hes a persistent pass rusher who might not have the lateral agility to play inside but with his blitz prowess, maybe he is somewhat of a natural pass rusher.