Jets need a SUPERSTAR

JETSFAN5180

Other than Vilma and Abraham who do we have that is SUPERSTAR material?

Abe may be soon gone that leaves only Vilma. I just viewed www.terrellowens.com and this guy is who i wanted on the Jets. He can talk the talk and walk the walk.

And now Keyshawn gonna sign with the Giants? When do things get better for us Jets fans?

They already did, their names are Mangini and Tannenbaum.;)

You can't be serious. Grab your popcorn...cuz Bill Parcells is gonnd drop dead on the sideline because of TO.

Terrell Ownens is looking to bank out....he doesn't give a **** about a Super Bowl ring or the Hall of Fame. He only gives a **** about his bank book.

Im thrilled we passed on the media whore that is TO.

Abe may be soon gone that leaves only Vilma. I just viewed www.terrellowens.com and this guy is who i wanted on the Jets. He can talk the talk and walk the walk.

And now Keyshawn gonna sign with the Giants? When do things get better for us Jets fans?

It comes with solid drafting, and smart, sensible FA acquisitions.

From the Bears point of view, Jerry Angelo has made some Bradway-esque moves, but he has also made some brillaint draft decisions. Nathan Vasher, Charles Tillman, Alex Brown and Lance Briggs were all great picks. Tommie Harris produced a Pro Bowl after his second season.

We have to trust that this new brain trust can draft wisely, while adding valuable pieces to this core. We do have some pieces, we just have to hope that those pieces mesh with Mangini and Tannenbaum's plan(s). This may be the most important draft of their careers.

it's up to Tangini to get the next superstars in the draft

it's true they don't have amazing blue chips at every position but they got a whole lot of red chip guys who can play like blue chips

Martin

Ellis

Coles

D_Rob

Barton

Rhodes

Thomas

J_Mill

you can bash any and all of em for various reason but all of the above can and have flashed on the field in Jets uniform. if you haven't seen that you haven't been watching the games closely enough.

Overall (besides Curtis) it's a young group. They need some juice on the OL and obviously the QB position needs to get sorted out.

as a group Jets fans don't realize how important it is to lose a QB and keep an NFL team, (even one with SB caliber talent at every position) going forward. The other side gets paid too and no matter how strong the team is, without a QB it is useless. It's a plane without a pilot.

You're delusional bit.:eek:

at least i watch the games. Unless totally ignorant, you can't type with a straight face that DROB or Martin have never played like blue chips in a NYJ uniform. It's not that bold of a statement.

Hey don't you have a kicker to be worrying about? Your team is getting worse by the day.

at least i watch the games. Unless totally ignorant, you can't type with a straight face that DROB or Martin have never played like blue chips in a NYJ uniform. It's not that bold of a statement.

Martin yes, but his best days (and I'm sure Savage would even argue against that) are well behind him.

DFat? Please.

One "superstar-like" game out of the 50 that he has played?

Superstar and DFat should never be used in the same sentence together.

How the hell is Vilma "superstar" material after 2 seasons?

The only reason he even made it to the Pro Bowl last year was because Zach Thomas was injured.:eek:

Vilma is now considered a superstar. In 04 he was NFL Defensive Rookie of the year and this year he LED THE LEAGUE IN TACKLES and made the pro bowl. He should of made the pro bowl the 1st time as everyone knows it. Al Wilson didnt deserve it at all. he didnt even rank top 30 in tackles.

By who? Delusional Jet fans?

Give me a break.

Superstar players in the NFL are guys that have had multiple Pro Bowl/All Pro awards.

Vilma has exactly one by default.

I agree that Vilma is not yet a superstar, but even you can't deny that he's well on his way.

Vilma was robbed out of the Pro Bowl last year. Him getting in was not "by defult". It was the correction of a travesty.

As soon as you stop starting ridiculous threads :)

I agree that Vilma is not yet a superstar, but even you can't deny that he's well on his way.

Vilma was robbed out of the Pro Bowl last year. Him getting in was not "by defult". It was the correction of a travesty.

And "yet" is the key word.

He is well on his way if the Jets stay with a 4-3 base defense where he can roam and attack.

Be very interesting to see what happens to his level of play if the Jets switch to a 34.

And "yet" is the key word.

He is well on his way if the Jets stay with a 4-3 base defense where he can roam and attack.

Be very interesting to see what happens to his level of play if the Jets switch to a 34.

I completely agree with that. I love the 3-4 defense, I always have. But the 3-4 defense emphasizes the weaknesses of both Vilma and DFat. We really don't have the personel to run it, which is why it will be a package. Although all signs point to the Jets using the 3-4 as their base, I have to believe Mangini is smart enough to not try to fit square pegs into round holes.

You are right to a certain extent. You DO need superstars. Even the Patriots, the so-called "blue collar" team full of supposed unselfish nobodies, they have superstars. Tom Brady is one of the greatest qb's of all time. Corey Dillon is a superstar. On defense Richard Seymour, Tedy Bruschi those guys are superstars.

The Jets have no superstars. I actually think Vilma is more deserving of that title than Abe. Vilma led the league in tackles last year and had an excellent rookie year in a position where a lot of rookies don't do well in.

Keyshawn is not a superstar. Owens is definitely a superstar. A superstar forces a defense to change its gameplan and Owens def does that. Talk all you want about how he's not a nice guy and he's a cancer, the guy dominates games and helped bring the Eagles a lot closer to the promised land than they were before and after.

it's up to Tangini to get the next superstars in the draft

it's true they don't have amazing blue chips at every position but they got a whole lot of red chip guys who can play like blue chips

Martin

Ellis

Coles

D_Rob

Barton

Rhodes

Thomas

J_Mill

you can bash any and all of em for various reason but all of the above can and have flashed on the field in Jets uniform. if you haven't seen that you haven't been watching the games closely enough.

Overall (besides Curtis) it's a young group. They need some juice on the OL and obviously the QB position needs to get sorted out.

as a group Jets fans don't realize how important it is to lose a QB and keep an NFL team, (even one with SB caliber talent at every position) going forward. The other side gets paid too and no matter how strong the team is, without a QB it is useless. It's a plane without a pilot.

Thomas Rhodes and Miller? come no dude give me a break.

I don't think that we even have to have superstars on the team to win. NE hasn't had any real superstars on their team to talk about. Besides Brady, Harrison, and Seymour I don't consider any of them superstars either.

We need to get a superstar in the draft... We don't need to have a 10 blue chip players on the team we jsut need to be coached well and find a QB that can manage a game. Pennington isn't the future.

Thomas Rhodes and Miller? come no dude give me a break.

I don't think that we even have to have superstars on the team to win. NE hasn't had any real superstars on their team to talk about. Besides Brady, Harrison, and Seymour I don't consider any of them superstars either.

We need to get a superstar in the draft... We don't need to have a 10 blue chip players on the team we jsut need to be coached well and find a QB that can manage a game. Pennington isn't the future.

Brady & Seymour are most definitely superstars. But if you were to make the point that they were not superstars when NE acquired (drafted) them, there's no argument. (Drafting Seymour high at #6 automatically makes him a superstar like drafting Akili Smith at #3 makes HIM a superstar).

Brady & Seymour are most definitely superstars. But if you were to make the point that they were not superstars when NE acquired (drafted) them, there's no argument. (Drafting Seymour high at #6 automatically makes him a superstar like drafting Akili Smith at #3 makes HIM a superstar).

Yeah agreed you have to define what you think a superstar is though. Is a superstar a guy who is the best player in the league at their position? I mean to say we need "Superstars" is just about as arbitrary as it gets. I may think Vilma is a Superstar and TX may think Bruschi is a superstar.

My point is just that we need ot draft a player with the #4 pick that we can turn into a superstar or we need to trade out of the spot. I think Ferguson and Williams are maybe more of the Superstar type players than Leinart or Young or Cutler.

I think Leinart has the possibility to be a superstar but its more of a risky pick and we will likely have to trade up a spot or two to get him.... I would like to take Ferguson because I've always been an advocate of building a team around the offensive line.

How the hell is Vilma "superstar" material after 2 seasons?

The only reason he even made it to the Pro Bowl last year was because Zach Thomas was injured.:eek:

That Super Star label makes me cringe Tex..What wins Bowls is players that know their roles and play them to perfection! And a Coaching staff that gives them the plan to follow! Anything else is Stat Monkey Worshiper's!!:rolleyes:

A team does not need "superstars" to be successful. What they need are a solid group of smart, athletic players, depth, a really good QB and a tough, kick-arse defense. Please refer to the SB teams of the Pats. Besides Brady (who was hardly a superstar in 2001 and 2003) and Seymour (who made his mark immediately).

A team does not need "superstars" to be successful. What they need are a solid group of smart, athletic players, depth, a really good QB and a tough, kick-arse defense. Please refer to the SB teams of the Pats. Besides Brady (who was hardly a superstar in 2001 and 2003) and Seymour (who made his mark immediately).

Psh this is coming from a fan of a team who has Tom Can Do No Wrong Brady.;)

I agree with ya 100% Garb. Brady wasn't a superstar in 01, he was a kid and look what they did. They had no stars on that team. Not one. Ty Law was the biggest one if you consider him a star.

By who? Delusional Jet fans?

Give me a break.

Superstar players in the NFL are guys that have had multiple Pro Bowl/All Pro awards.

Vilma has exactly one by default.

Typical answer from a pats fan. Just because your teams on the decline dont mean you gotta hate on our players. Vilma will be a superstar and better than Bruschi ever was.

That Super Star label makes me cringe Tex..What wins Bowls is players that know their roles and play them to perfection! And a Coaching staff that gives them the plan to follow! Anything else is Stat Monkey Worshiper's!!:rolleyes:

You got it right. On teams that load up with "superstars," the whole nearly always turns out to be less than the sum of the parts (see the Anaheim Angels of the mid-80's). A team of hard-working role players will almost always outperform a team of prima donnas.

You got it right. On teams that load up with "superstars," the whole nearly always turns out to be less than the sum of the parts (see the Anaheim Angels of the mid-80's). A team of hard-working role players will almost always outperform a team of prima donnas.

Hey a New Guy with Smarts!! Welcome aboard Brother!!;)

I completely agree with that. I love the 3-4 defense, I always have. But the 3-4 defense emphasizes the weaknesses of both Vilma and DFat. We really don't have the personel to run it, which is why it will be a package. Although all signs point to the Jets using the 3-4 as their base, I have to believe Mangini is smart enough to not try to fit square pegs into round holes.

Troll,

Just when you start to piss me off with some of your posts, you come out with one like this.

I respect your knowledge of the game of football.

Archived