I’m sick of all of this

ncjetman

On 9/26/2022 at 6:20 AM, Dunnie said:

The only thing JD has ****ed up is OL ... he believed in Becton .. probably his hubris.

Then when that adventure failed .. he tried to band aid with broken Veterans.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

-Messed up on the OL despite putting riches into it

-messed up on linebacker, safety. he’s built the worst defense in the NFL

-his biggest signing, Lawson, was a terrible mistake.

-his biggest draft pick, Z Wilson, was a terrible mistake 

other than that though, Douglas has done a great job haha

42 minutes ago, Claymation said:

This is even a worse response. One had a career threatening injury, the other sustained 2 injuries to the same knee. Should he have consulted his Magic 8 Ball?

I personally think the team is in good shape roster wise. I do believe that the jury is still out on Saleh and Zach. After this year I think we can decide what they are.

So what year do you predict playoffs??? How about 10 winds?  We haven't sniffed that in a while.

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

So just saying things make them true now, huh?

His free agent signings have been objectively terrible to this point.

Our biggest underperformers this season have all been Douglas FA signings. The only one who looks to have provided any sort of value is Reed. The only one you would have said was good value heading into this season has been our worst offensive player.

Honestly some of the takes when it comes to Douglas are just laughably delusional. Have you not seen his two safety signings tripping and falling over each other the last three weeks? **** me. 

That's right Irish Jet.  Just like saying he sucks doesn't make it true.

Objectivity is a characteristic very unbecoming of the vast majority of Jets fans.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

-Messed up on the OL despite putting riches into it

-messed up on linebacker, safety. he’s built the worst defense in the NFL

-his biggest signing, Lawson, was a terrible mistake.

-his biggest draft pick, Z Wilson, was a terrible mistake 

other than that though, Douglas has done a great job haha

I REALLY wish some of the brilliant football minds on this board would apply.  I would LOVE to see the Jets make the playoffs, so I'm sure some of you could get us to the Super Bowl in a year or two MAX!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I REALLY wish some of the brilliant football minds on this board would apply.  I would LOVE to see the Jets make the playoffs, so I'm sure some of you could get us to the Super Bowl in a year or two MAX!

Thats a silly and unnecessary take. There are plenty of capable football minds out there that would want the job and do better at it than Joe Douglas.  

By sarcastically saying internet posters should take the job you are insinuating they should not be allowed to criticize him.

Joe Douglas is not above criticism. All we can do is look at results and the results show he is 7-29 since 2019. Facts are facts and that’s truly unacceptable 

5 hours ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Thats a silly and unnecessary take. There are plenty of capable football minds out there that would want the job and do better at it than Joe Douglas.  

By sarcastically saying internet posters should take the job you are insinuating they should not be allowed to criticize him.

Joe Douglas is not above criticism. All we can do is look at results and the results show he is 7-29 since 2019. Facts are facts and that’s truly unacceptable 

To some degree, the continual onslaught of criticism gets nauseating.  Obviously there are some questionable decisions in the tenure of JD.  But without knowing the whole story, the criticisms are half-accurate at best.

And yes, the team is 7-29 under his tenure.  What I would like to know is what are the perimeters for which he can hire/fire staff?  Because our ONE hire of a head coach with experience was Adam Gase for two years, and JD didn't hire him.  Other than that, we have hired nothing but first-time coaches and GM's, and in many cases first-time/limited experience DC's and OC's.  

If we REALLY want to criticize this franchise, shouldn't it all be focused on the Johnson brothers?