Aaron Brooks a RAIDER

JETSFAN5180

oh thats right you don't like him either my bad what was i thinking? should i concur with you before every post to make sure you agree?

Why do you need me to agree with you? You start a topic...we comment...that's how a message board works.

The day you start a thread and get 100/100 poster to agree with you...We change your name to Green Jets & Ham.

Take a minute to let the Ritalin kick in and check out how things works...

KFFL is reporting the Raiders have agreed to a deal with him. This guy i believe is gonna turn it all around and be a decent qb.

If you exclude last season when his city was underwater, his team had no home games and they were practicing in a parking lot in San Antonio, Brooks has had pretty good numbers. He's averaged 25 touchdowns a year as a starting qb. But he's black and he isn't strictly a drop-back passer so a bunch of ignorant people on this site will never admit he was any good.

That being said signing Aaron Brooks only solves their short-term qb situation. The Raiders' defense is still pretty bad plus they need a qb of the future since Brooks is 30.

If you exclude last season when his city was underwater, his team had no home games and they were practicing in a parking lot in San Antonio, Brooks has had pretty good numbers. He's averaged 25 touchdowns a year as a starting qb. But he's black and he isn't strictly a drop-back passer so a bunch of ignorant people on this site will never admit he was any good.

Yeah, I only think he's a ****ty QB because he is black and not a drop-back passer. It couldn't have anything to do with me watching 90% of the games the mother****er has ever played. His stats are solid, so he must be a good QB. The only reason he sucks is because of a hurricane. You hit it on the head, PeterNorth.

I think it is a good signing... Brooks has stronger arm and faster legs than Collins. Moss there will be more than happy. Saints' WRs suck big time... They always dropped the balls.. Raiders' receving corp is better.. Granted, Brooks is very errantic but when he makes a good throw the team will move the chain very well...

I am sure that Raiders will continue to retool the defense with draftees.

Brooks helps Raiders go all the way to SB? I dont know but he solidifies the qb position while they groom Walters for 2 more years.. That is a good plan.

Brooks is good but extremely inconsistent. I don't see how anyone that has actually watched him can just say he flat out sucks. Some games he's an extremely high level QB, and has carried the Saints on his back to wins.

With the right coaching, Brooks has the potential to be an extremely solid QB. The Raiders need to fix their O-line and implement the right system, and then I think they'd have a good offense with Brooks at the helm. He does have Randy Moss to throw to and Lamont Jordan to hand off to. A good O-line and those two are two very explosive players. Add in Brooks being multi-talented, and you have the makings of a very good offense. Provided that the O-line is there, of course. The Raiders won't have a defense again next year, and I think it will in fact be even worse, but don't blame Brooks for that. Give the man a break on last year as well. I'm inclined to agree with PeterNorth too, because racism can occur on the subconscious level. I think with Brooks though, it might not be so much racism as it is complete ignorance and not caring about the Saints. I think the nonsense with Vince Young had a lot of racism to it though.

Does this affect them looking at a QB in April? I think it will.

Highly doubtful, I think that the Raiders would still be looking QB, maybe not so much in the first round anymore, butcertainly someone to groom as Aaron Brooks is not the end-all to the Raiders problems, far from it actually. This just gives them someone to throw out there for 2006 and part of 2007 until the guy they take this April is ready.

• 1 year later...

Archived