Fantasy Addicts Degeneracy Corner!

Lurker89

Started this thread with the intent looking to get someone to stop me from picking up ZW. 

Now its a place for us fantasy addicts to roll around in it!

I'm thinking about starting Zach over Russ this weekend .... Russ has been dragging me down.... of course I benched him for Tua the second concussion week and Russ scored 30.. i needed 4 to win?

Zachs upside looks nice at the moment and with the run game going nuts last week i think GB is going key in on that and make us pass to win.

Im 3rd in points for and have the most points scored against... my opponents ate averaging 148 in .5 ppr over 5 weeks sottong at 2-3 when i really should not be this bad off.

Tell me I'm crazy @Jetsfan80 

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

I'm thinking about starting Zach over Russ this weekend .... Russ has been dragging me down.... of course I benched him for Tua the second concussion week and Russ scored 30.. i needed 4 to win?

Zachs upside looks nice at the moment and with the run game going nuts last week i think GB is going key in on that and make us pass to win.

Im 3rd in points for and have the most points scored against... my opponents ate averaging 148 in .5 ppr over 5 weeks sottong at 2-3 when i really should not be this bad off.

Tell me I'm crazy @Jetsfan80 

Are there any other QB options than those 2?  lol.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ugh.  GB D is tough.  Zach could have a nice day by @FidelioJet’s standards but still not help you much in fantasy.

Give Russ one last go, I guess.  Maybe all the criticism he’s gotten over the team’s 10-day break will motivate him?

Gross, puke.  

The problem lies in the fact that there only seem to be 4 reliable fantasy QBs this year.

Allen, Jackson, Hurts, Mahomes  and then its boom bust Kyler and Burrow and after that a slew of bust prone sewer sludge.

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

The problem lies in the fact that there only seem to be 4 reliable fantasy QBs this year.

Allen, Jackson, Hurts, Mahomes  and then its boom bust Kyler and Burrow and after that a slew of bust prone sewer sludge.

I grabbed Hurts in the draft so I’m in good shape.  ?

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I grabbed Hurts in the draft so I’m in good shape.  ?

Mad Breaking Bad GIF by MOODMAN

The process on my end was good or so I thought.

1.06 Ekeler 

2nd Evans 

3rd Tee 

4th Pitts

5th Waddle 

6th Pierce 

7th Amari Cooper 

8th Russell Wilson

9th Rhamondre 

10th claypool (dropped for Doubs l)

11th nico (dropped for Duvernay)

12th Tua

13th irv smith Dropped for Friermuth when some dummy droped him to waivers)

3rd most points 1st in points against ?

F***ing irritating.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

ATEO

Always Take Emotion Out

Of course emotion is the enemy of logic.

Doubs vs. Our secondary doesnt feel comfy.

Less homerism more like Doubs isnt beating Sauce much.

I've lucked out with a goal line TD from BRob which saves me some shame. His YPC is looking ****ing gross right now though luckily my RB4

• Upvote 1

@Paradis @Lurker89 here's my dilemma for my flex spot this week (0.5 PPR):

Mike Williams vs DEN

OR 

RB Eno Benjamin @ SEA

Keep in mind that Keenan Allen is back for the Chargers whereas James Conner and Darrel Williams have both been ruled out for AZ, clearing the path for a massive workload for Eno.  

Given Mike Williams' boom/bust nature I'm thinking a matchup with Denver's tough secondary and Allen's return is a recipe for a "bust" day.  Even still, its hard for me to justify taking him out of the lineup given his fantastic season thus far.

My starting RBs this week are Breece and Rhamondre and my starting WRs are Diggs and Lamb, so there's no way I'm subbing any of those 4 out for either Eno or Williams.

It shouldn't matter much because my opponent sucks but I still gotta put the best lineup forward.

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mike Williams vs DEN

OR 

RB Eno Benjamin @ SEA

Keep in mind that Keenan Allen is back for the Chargers whereas James Conner and Darrel Williams have both been ruled out for AZ, clearing the path for a massive workload for Eno.  

Given Mike Williams' boom/bust nature I'm thinking a matchup with Denver's tough secondary and Allen's return is a recipe for a "bust" day.  Even still, its hard for me to justify taking him out of the lineup given his fantastic season thus far.

My starting RBs this week are Breece and Rhamondre and my starting WRs are Diggs and Lamb, so there's no way I'm subbing any of those 4 out for either Eno or Williams.

It shouldn't matter much because my opponent sucks but I still gotta put the best lineup forward.

Honestly not a bad dilemma to be in.

Eno gets a bad Seahawks Run D... 

Mike will gets a tough D but with Allen Back will Surtain be on Allen or Mike Will? (Probably mix of both)... side note a lot of other questionable tags in their secondary.

I'd normally lean start your studs with Mike Will. He has two games under 15 points (wk2 2 points? and wk 3 8 points) if you take out the 2 point game he has been more than serviceable. 

Eno is a complete unknown but I have a lot of love for him. I'm starting him in my dynasty league but as you know that team is in tank mode so I'm not sweating who I start week to week. That being said I have held since I drafted him in the 4th or 5th in our rookie draft.

Eno's guaranteed workload is safer, Mike Wills ceiling is much higher.

Safe pick is Eno for 12 points if you think consistency and a solid floor will get you the win. He should get rock quite a bit and Seattle's D is a run funnel.

Conclusion. Safe floor with Eno for the conservative win but it doesn't feel great. I don't like sitting your studs even against a good D and Mike Will is a stud. If you were going against a top scoring team my suggestion would  be Mike Williams. 

• Upvote 1

Also @Lurker89 @Paradis I'm trying to get ahead of things for when Jalen Hurts is on bye next week, so I'm gonna pick up a QB prior to Sunday as an option for next week.  Currently, Russell Wilson is already on my roster so even if he's the best option I'll still be picking up an additional QB.

My options, listed in order of weakest pass D being faced:

• Matt Ryan (IND) @ Tennessee (# 32)
  • Kenny Pickett (PIT) @ Miami (# 31)
  • Jacoby Brissett (CLE) @ Baltimore (# 30)
  • Davis Mills (HOU) @ LV (# 29)
  • Jimmy Garoppolo (SF) vs. KC (# 26)
  • Jameis Winston (NO) @ AZ (# 25)
  • Justin Fields (CHI) @ NE (# 21)
  • Mac Jones vs. CHI (# 18)
  • Ryan Tannehill (TEN) vs. IND (# 13)
  • Russell Wilson vs. NY Jets (# 12)
  • Trevor Lawrence (JAX) vs. NY Giants (# 10)
  • Daniel Jones (NYG) @ Jacksonville (# 9)
  • Zach Wilson, NYJ @ Denver (# 3)

7 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Honestly not a bad dilemma to be in.

Eno gets a bad Seahawks Run D... 

Mike will gets a tough D but with Allen Back will Surtain be on Allen or Mike Will? (Probably mix of both)... side note a lot of other questionable tags in their secondary.

I'd normally lean start your studs with Mike Will. He has two games under 15 points (wk2 2 points? and wk 3 8 points) if you take out the 2 point game he has been more than serviceable. 

Eno is a complete unknown but I have a lot of love for him. I'm starting him in my dynasty league but as you know that team is in tank mode so I'm not sweating who I start week to week. That being said I have held since I drafted him in the 4th or 5th in our rookie draft.

Eno's guaranteed workload is safer, Mike Wills ceiling is much higher.

Safe pick is Eno for 12 points if you think consistency and a solid floor will get you the win. He should get rock quite a bit and Seattle's D is a run funnel.

Conclusion. Safe floor with Eno for the conservative win but it doesn't feel great. I don't like sitting your studs even against a good D and Mike Will is a stud. If you were going against a top scoring team my suggestion would  be Mike Williams. 

In my book the flex spot should always be used on the higher ceiling guy, so by your logic, MW would be the choice.

HOWEVER as you mention with the matchup issue, I think Surtain spends most of the day covering MW, which would limit his upside.  lol.  And given the massive workload Eno is about to get I think he does have a fair bit of upside.  Still a tough call!

Great points there!  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In my book the flex spot should always be used on the higher ceiling guy, so by your logic, MW would be the choice.

HOWEVER as you mention with the matchup issue, I think Surtain spends most of the day covering MW, which would limit his upside.  lol.

Great points there!  

Exactly, rules like that are good guidelines but rules are meant to be brok....  bent.  There has to be nuance to everything or we're no better than automatons.

In this case the fact that Eno gets a good matchup to MW bad matchup plays a big factor in the decision. It also increases Enos potential ceiling. 2 scores isn't out of the question without getting to ahead of ourselves. 

I made the decision to start BRob last night and was either going to look mildly intelligent for it or like a complete moron.

12 points later I look mildly intelligent ... this week.

Eno looks more dynamic than BRob. Not a bad flex I would expect 10-12 as a safe conservative floor. We could both see him going for much more. Not a bad dilemma.

My dilemma felt much sh**ier 

Dameon Pierce Bye week

Tee probably out or playing as a Decoy (F*CK Zac Taylor)

Doubs probably covered in Sauce and not playing very efficiently the last few weeks.

BRob Thursday night fantasy trap inefficient runner but coaches pet with a Cinderella gunshot story.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Also @Lurker89 @Paradis I'm trying to get ahead of things for when Jalen Hurts is on bye next week, so I'm gonna pick up a QB prior to Sunday as an option for next week.  Currently, Russell Wilson is already on my roster so even if he's the best option I'll still be picking up an additional QB.

My options, listed n order of weakest pass D being faced:

Looks like a week I'll be playing Tua over Russ... only for Tua to get his 3rd concussion get me 3 points and be moved into assisted living.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My options, listed n order of weakest pass D being faced:

I have to pick one player for one game ... Give me Crab Legs

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I have to pick one player for one game ... Give me Crab Legs

A friend of mine also recommended Jameis and he jumped out to me as well, lol.  High ceiling for sure.

Since AZ has a Thursday night game that week I'm gonna wait and see on Jameis to see where he stands and if he'll be able to play in that one. 

For now I think I'm thinking I'll pick up Trevor Lawrence.  Giants D is ranked high but hasn't really faced a bunch of good QB's so far this season, unlike a lot of the other D's on the list above.  BUT if Jameis is healthy for Week 7, I'll look to grab him instead.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A friend of mine also recommended Jameis and he jumped out to me as well, lol.  High ceiling for sure.

Since AZ has a Thursday night game that week I'm gonna wait and see on Jameis to see where he stands and if he'll be able to play in that one. 

For now I think I'm thinking I'll pick up Trevor Lawrence.  Giants D is ranked high but hasn't really faced a bunch of good QB's so far this season, unlike a lot of the other D's on the list above.  BUT if Jameis is healthy for Week 7, I'll look to grab him instead.

Thanks!

You're welcome man, enjoying the fantasy chat. Obviously more conversational than Reddit or other fantasy discussion areas considering we have a rapport.

Matt Ryan sticks out but is an obvious trap.... dreaming of what once was Matty Ice.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

You're welcome man, enjoying the fantasy chat. Obviously more conversational than Reddit or other fantasy discussion areas considering we have a rapport.

Matt Ryan sticks out but is an obvious trap.... dreaming of what once was Matty Ice.

Nope, can't do it!  My # 3 choice was Jimmy G.  Highest floor of the group + shootout/garbage time potential.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2022 at 12:58 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Mike Williams vs DEN

OR 

RB Eno Benjamin @ SEA

sorry, little late. Allen has since been ruled out.. regardless - still feel like Eno - that floor of volume. You're unlikely to get less than pedestrian from Eno, which is OK..  You've got Stevenson - who's gonna go off. You can afford it take the safe route with Eno, unless this is make it or break it stuff.... if you play eno for 10 pts and mike gets 15 oh well... but if you play mike and he gets 4 and Eno gets 10-15 you'll be pissed 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even better news:  I have Breece Hall and the rest of my league doesn't!  :) 

Are you going with Russ?

Yeah Russ and Ekeler for me tomorrow score is 92 -52 in my favor .... Evans and Jax Defense were my 2 duds everyone else performed.

They are for some reason playing 3 Bills .... Diggs, Mckenzie, Knox have carolinas kicker all playing now...and Jeudy tomorrow. Fingers crosed their over exposure to the Bills today pays off. 

90%/10% in my favor at the moment.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lurker89 said:

Yeah Russ and Ekeler for me tomorrow score is 92 -52 in my favor .... Evans and Jax Defense were my 2 duds everyone else performed.

They are for some reason playing 3 Bills .... Diggs, Mckenzie, Knox have carolinas kicker all playing now...and Jeudy tomorrow. Fingers crosed their over exposure to the Bills today pays off. 

90%/10% in my favor at the moment.

Getting it in before Buffalo has their bye next week I guess, lol.  

@Jetsfan80

So I've been trying to open a dialogue with the guy who owns Zach in my dynasty league.

New add took over an orphan in a league that's been going since 2015.

I messaged him on our group chat sent him a couple trade calculators. He doesnt respond.

He has sh** for WRs so I sent over

Corey Davis and  DPJ

KTC Value 4673

For 

Zach

KTC Value 2937

His counter

My projected 1.1, Darrell Henderson and Demarcus Lawrence for Zach

Just the 1.1 and Hendo KTC Value 10,267

james-harden-sike.gif.f68301bd7fe6b9ee275558e2157f3ae6.gif

Dude still has not typed a message.... I think I found my new nemesis.

Screenshot_20221019-142020_GroupMe.thumb.jpg.d38c13ad4c45fd47d92efa37fca9b771.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

@Jetsfan80

So I've been trying to open a dialogue with the guy who owns Zach in my dynasty league.

New add took over an orphan in a league that's been going since 2015.

I messaged him on our group chat sent him a couple trade calculators. He doesnt respond.

He has sh** for WRs so I sent over

Corey Davis and  DPJ

KTC Value 4673

For 

Zach

KTC Value 2937

His counter

My projected 1.1, Darrell Henderson and Demarcus Lawrence for Zach

Just the 1.1 and Hendo KTC Value 10,267

james-harden-sike.gif.f68301bd7fe6b9ee275558e2157f3ae6.gif

Dude still has not typed a message.... I think I found my new nemesis.

Screenshot_20221019-142020_GroupMe.thumb.jpg.d38c13ad4c45fd47d92efa37fca9b771.jpg

Ugh, hate negotiators like those.

Wait for Zach to have a really bad game and try again?  lol.