Fantasy Addicts Degeneracy Corner!

Lurker89

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nicely done.  Nothing you gave up was anything special.  Just a couple flavor-of-the-month WRs who will be forgotten by 2023.

Amen, I'm probably spending too much time on the Dynasty Football  Subreddit which had me dying to get multiple 23 firsts.

They are hyping this class so hard.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

There's not much boom to eithers boom or bust status, Duvernay definitely has a better floor.

Nope, I wasn't going to be expecting much boom out of my WR2 spot this week regardless. 

I'm in this position because:  1) Mike Williams has a multi-week injury 2) CeeDee Lamb is on bye and 3) I wasn't deep at WR by design because I used high picks on Diggs (1st rounder), Lamb (2nd) and Williams (5th) while going with the "Zero RB" philosophy of quantity over quality on draft day.

• Upvote 1

Drafted Cam Akers and have been struggling with depth all season (16 team league). Need to shore up my last flex spot. DPJ and Hardman are on waivers, is either worth picking up and dropping Chuba Hubbard? Not sure what the RB time share will look like with Carolina but seems like Foreman has the clear lead at this point.

2 hours ago, fullblast said:

Drafted Cam Akers and have been struggling with depth all season (16 team league). Need to shore up my last flex spot. DPJ and Hardman are on waivers, is either worth picking up and dropping Chuba Hubbard? Not sure what the RB time share will look like with Carolina but seems like Foreman has the clear lead at this point.

Hardman is smoke & mirrors and a regression candidate, avoid him.  He doesn't get enough usage so you're basically depending on the big play for him to be worthwhile, and you never know which game that's coming in.  Mahomes spreads the ball around too much to make that a good use of a roster spot.  It's fantasy whack-a-mole.  I know flex plays tend to be high-risk, high-reward by nature but he's simply gonna bust too much for the booms to be worth it.

DPJ is worth picking up, especially with Watson coming back soon, but I wouldn't drop Hubbard to make room.  The Panthers still seem to have plans for Hubbard no matter how well Foreman is playing.  I anticipate that backfield ending up muddled but Hubbard is one Foreman injury away from being a high end RB2 type.  

Anyone else you can drop?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hardman is smoke & mirrors and a regression candidate, avoid him.  He doesn't get enough usage so you're basically depending on the big play for him to be worthwhile, and you never know which game that's coming in.  Mahomes spreads the ball around too much to make that a good use of a roster spot.  It's fantasy whack-a-mole.  I know flex plays tend to be high-risk, high-reward by nature but he's simply gonna bust too much for the booms to be worth it.

DPJ is worth picking up, especially with Watson coming back soon, but I wouldn't drop Hubbard to make room.  The Panthers still seem to have plans for Hubbard no matter how well Foreman is playing.  I anticipate that backfield ending up muddled but Hubbard is one Foreman injury away from being a high end RB2 type.  

Anyone else you can drop?

Well I'm still holding onto Akers, not quite ready to drop him lol. Also have Claypool and Nyheim Hines at the back end of my roster.

33 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Well I'm still holding onto Akers, not quite ready to drop him lol. Also have Claypool and Nyheim Hines at the back end of my roster.

Sounds like you have some good depth.  Anyone in your league (prioritizing the teams lower in the standings) you can make a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 type deal with?  Free up a roster spot or 2 that way?

Sounds like you have some good depth.  Anyone in your league (prioritizing the teams lower in the standings) you can make a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 type deal with?  Free up a roster spot or 2 that way?

Yeah actualy looks like a lot of teams are taking bye week hits now, i'll have to see if i can swing something.

• Upvote 1

On 11/2/2022 at 4:53 PM, Paradis said:

I’m partial to Duvernay. Especially if you have ST points 

On 11/2/2022 at 8:07 PM, Lurker89 said:

There's not much boom to eithers boom or bust status, Duvernay definitely has a better floor.

Andrews is now doubtful this week.  Makes my call easy:  Going with Duvernay!

Wish I had Likely on my roster too, but Pitts being Pitts again this week would make me feel better about that.  

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Andrews is now doubtful this week.  Makes my call easy:  Going with Duvernay!

Wish I had Likely on my roster too, but Pitts being Pitts again this week would make me feel better about that.  

Bateman done for the season should make Duvernay the man in Baltimore the rest of the way as well.... only problem is Baltimore is 28th in the league in pass attempts per game so his upside remains limited in this O. Like him over Mooney ROS either way.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lurker89 said:

Bateman done for the season should make Duvernay the man in Baltimore the rest of the way as well.... only problem is Baltimore is 28th in the league in pass attempts per game so his upside remains limited in this O. Like him over Mooney ROS either way.

Yep I’m keeping Duvernay on the roster for the foreseeable future, even with Baltimore’s bye coming up next week.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

@Jetsfan80

Im getting really tired of playing everyone their best ****ing week

1150547114_Screenshot_20221106-161333_YahooFantasy.thumb.jpg.4025f5d66e752fc69e5615c8586bc82d.jpg

Fields with 54 got to be kidding me.

Ugh that sucks man.  Terrible luck.

I'm headed for an L too but its not nearly as undeserved as yours.  I had a good week, opponent is having a great week.

I'll be falling from 3rd place to 5th.  Lame!

• Upvote 1

Ugh that sucks man.  Terrible luck.

I'm headed for an L too but its not nearly as undeserved as yours.  I had a good week, opponent is having a great week.

I'll be falling from 3rd place to 5th.  Lame!

Yeah I would have beat anyone else in the league by 20+ this week....

Evans and Higgins ***ed me though ... Kyle Pitts has been an achiles heel for my team as well

I drew the luck of losing to to the team who desperately played Goff when went off for 50+ and now desperation Fields for 50+.... I already had the most points against by 100+ and this will keep the streak alive... 

Trying not to be salty about it... but I am ....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

@Jetsfan80 @Paradis

Friermuth or Pitts gents 

Due to byes im forced to play Dionte Johnson and I don't want to playc 2 Steelers pass catchers..... 

Even though I continue to roll Pitts out there every week in the hopes that the Falcons finally give him substantial targets, I can't in good conscience recommend him over any top 10-ish TE right now.  Freiermuth included.

I also wouldn't worry about starting "too many Steelers" or whatever.  Lineup decisions can't be based on that.  You start the guy you think will score more points, period.  In this case, I think Freiermuth will score more than Pitts.  Hope I'm wrong for my team's sake, lol.

12 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Lamar is on a bye this week for me, but fortunately I stashed Justin Fields as my backup earlier in the year because of his running ability. I REALLY wish I had played Fields last week. 

Lol I played against him and it ****ed up my whole week ? 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even though I continue to roll Pitts out there every week in the hopes that the Falcons finally give him substantial targets, I can't in good conscience recommend him over any top 10-ish TE right now.  Freiermuth included.

I also wouldn't worry about starting "too many Steelers" or whatever.  Lineup decisions can't be based on that.  You start the guy you think will score more points, period.  In this case, I think Freiermuth will score more than Pitts.  Hope I'm wrong for my team's sake, lol.

I purposely draft with the intention of not overexposing myself to any one team. I hate having players competing for the same yards and TDs as it limits upside. The logical counter argument to my line of thinking is that number of targets is king and playing on the same O shouldn't matter but Id rather having the highest potential and feel diversifying helps that.

Both Muth and DJ were waiver pick ups because people in my league are impatient dumb dumbs.

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

15 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I purposely draft with the intention of not overexposing myself to any one team. I hate having players competing for the same yards and TDs as it limits upside. The logical counter argument to my line of thinking is that number of targets is king and playing on the same O shouldn't matter but Id rather having the highest potential and feel diversifying helps that.

Both Muth and DJ were waiver pick ups because people in my league are impatient dumb dumbs.

That being said im gonna double up on Steelers here and play Pitts in my other 2 leagues.... Yes I have Pitts in all 3 leagues this year .... yes one of those teams is named "Pitts of Despair"... *cries in Kyle Pitts*

• Post of the Week 1