Fantasy Addicts Degeneracy Corner!

Lurker89

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

@Jetsfan80 @Paradis @maury77

Well gents... in your opinion are we starting Christian Watson over Dionte Johnson?

Im down Mike Evans and Waddle to byes 

Current  pass catchers

Tee

Amari Cooper 

Dionte 

Friermuth 

RBs

Ekeler 

Pierce

Rhamondre 

Bench:

Pitts 

BRobinson

CWatson

Wait and see on Watson.  He's not catching TDs on 75 % of his catches again any time soon.  See if he earns a bigger role off his latest performance first before rushing him into your lineup.  

56 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wait and see on Watson.  He's not catching TDs on 75 % of his catches again any time soon.  See if he earns a bigger role off his latest performance first before rushing him into your lineup.  

Dionte has been soooo bad though and I'm starting 2 god damned Steelers again...

Scrub team in last place picked up Daniel Jones and with my track record that means DDimes puts up 50 this week ... may god have mercy on my soul... 

not like this GIF

Sad Matthew Mcconaughey GIF by Legendary Entertainment

Duverney vs Carolina

or

Marquise Brown vs. SF

We don't even know if Brown is playing this week, which sucks arse. Duverney has been ok but has a low floor and his highest target share was 7. Last week he only had 1 target even though he's essentially the #1 there now. Brown was averaging 10.5 targets per game before his injury but that was before Hopkins was back from suspension.

This is a flex position and I do have McBride I could throw in if Brown isn't playing. 

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Duverney vs Carolina

or

Marquise Brown vs. SF

We don't even know if Brown is playing this week, which sucks arse. Duverney has been ok but has a low floor and his highest target share was 7. Last week he only had 1 target even though he's essentially the #1 there now. Brown was averaging 10.5 targets per game before his injury but that was before Hopkins was back from suspension.

This is a flex position and I do have McBride I could throw in if Brown isn't playing. 

If Brown plays you probably have to throw him in there.  But if he doesn't, I have to think better days are ahead for Duvernay.  He was on the field for 73.5 % of snaps last week, which was a career high.  I can't seem to find how many routes he ran but I'm sure that was at or near his career high as well.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Brown plays you probably have to throw him in there.  But if he doesn't, I have to think better days are ahead for Duvernay.  He was on the field for 73.5 % of snaps last week, which was a career high.  I can't seem to find how many routes he ran but I'm sure that was at or near his career high as well.

If the snaps aren't translating to targets I don't know how much it matters though. He had 1 target last week. It's like Kyle Pitts snaps/targets ration but worse.

Oh yea - I forgot to mention the hardest part to this decision. Cardinals play Monday night.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

If the snaps aren't translating to targets I don't know how much it matters though. He had 1 target last week. It's like Kyle Pitts snaps/targets ration but worse.

Oh yea - I forgot to mention the hardest part to this decision. Cardinals play Monday night.

Pitts got 8 targets last week.  Just saying.  

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Duverney vs Carolina

or

Marquise Brown vs. SF

I'm partial to Duvernay in this scenario unless we have reason to believe Hollywood  is  90% healthy or better (we don't).... having him out there on a snap count or as a decoy will be extremely frustrating. Duvernay although not a world beater is the defacto #1 and a focal point of the O even if they are 28th in the league  in pass attempts per game.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pitts got 8 targets last week.  Just saying.  

Yeah Pitts problem is the quality of those targets.... and Arthur Smith....

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

honestly the more I look at Duverney the more I don't like him. I've had him all year and played him a bunch but his targets suck even with Andrews and Bates out. Andrews is probably back this week too. I could drop him and pickup Paris Cambell who seems to have good chemistry w/Matt Ryan now.

Campbells upside is fun, 3 of his last five games above 15 points in my .5 ppr league. It's the right kind of uncertainty to lean into.

Duvernay with one game above 15 all season the wrong kind of certainty. Unlike Hollywood we know Campbell is playing as well and is riding a decently hot hand.

On 11/20/2022 at 6:18 PM, fullblast said:

Gonna lose because my opponent’s kicker scored 27 points. Just lining up for nut kicks today.

Never fun .... I commished a league last year that did an extra flex in lieu of kicker and DST cause fluky kicker /DST **** drives me nuts.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I would ?

I know right... logic says start the high end RB2's over the boomy/busty WR2 but fate will laugh in my face as Pierce has andither 2 point dud and Cooper keeps up last weeks magic.?

@Jetsfan80 with a win last week I moved into 4th scrappy scraping my way.  Last place team had their best week all season against me but i had most points on the week.

Friends and fam team in second place on a 6 win streak.

How you holding up?

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

@Jetsfan80 @Paradis

What do gents think? I'm leaning heavily towards starting Dameon Pierce and Rhamondre and benching Cooper with a healthy fear Cooper blows up.

And Happy  Thanksgiving 

Definitely, definitely start Rhamondre.  He has a great matchup!

37 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I know right... logic says start the high end RB2's over the boomy/busty WR2 but fate will laugh in my face as Pierce has andither 2 point dud and Cooper keeps up last weeks magic.?

@Jetsfan80 with a win last week I moved into 4th scrappy scraping my way.  Last place team had their best week all season against me but i had most points on the week.

Friends and fam team in second place on a 6 win streak.

How you holding up?

I’m 7-4 and in 3rd place!!  I’ve got 2 tough matchups to finish out the regular season though.  Only 4 make the playoffs in my 10-team league.  Let’s goooo

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Definitely, definitely start Rhamondre.  He has a great matchup!

I’m 7-4 and in 3rd place!!  I’ve got 2 tough matchups to finish out the regular season though.  Only 4 make the playoffs in my 10-team league.  Let’s goooo

Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder Brother!!!!

And Happy Thanksgiving!

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

@Paradis @Jetsfan80

I swapped out Pierce for Cooper with und 5 min to kickoff. 

lil jon GIF by The Meredith Vieira Show

My opponent had Josh Jacobs.   I still only lost by 0.5 points. 

Frustrating, but it was quite the shootout.  I thought I was done but Jalen Hurts almost brought me all the way back.  Can't be TOO mad about it....

I'm still very much in the playoff hunt (7-5, 3rd place) but next week will be tough!

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My opponent had Josh Jacobs.   I still only lost by 0.5 points. 

Frustrating, but it was quite the shootout.  I thought I was done but Jalen Hurts almost brought me all the way back.  Can't be TOO mad about it....

I'm still very much in the playoff hunt (7-5, 3rd place) but next week will be tough!

We are  both now 7-5 and in 3rd. I have faith we'll both maintain. 12 man league with 6 in the playoffs for me. 10 man 4 in the playoffs for you. Lets just run the table.

I got lucky this week won 122 to 88 was playing against Mahomes and CMC both of whom were mere mortals this week. He had a bunch of duds my team pulled together a bunch of 12 point days for the win, Tee Dee Higgins gave me the boost. Mike Evans dragged me down.

• Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

We are  both now 7-5 and in 3rd. I have faith we'll both maintain. 12 man league with 6 in the playoffs for me. 10 man 4 in the playoffs for you. Lets just run the table.

I got lucky this week won 122 to 88 was playing against Mahomes and CMC both of whom were mere mortals this week. He had a bunch of duds my team pulled together a bunch of 12 point days for the win, Tee Dee Higgins gave me the boost. Mike Evans dragged me down.

We are the Teams of Destiny ™️ 

• Upvote 1

@Jetsfan80 @Paradis

Hear me out and then tell me I'm nutz.

I'm feeling like Mike Evans is cooked and I should start thinking about benching him

I also feel like thats getting too cute... I have Burks and Watson  on my bench heating up Evans in my lineup trying to F*** me. Lol

I cant bring myself to actually  bench Evans but I'm tempted.

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

@Jetsfan80 @Paradis

Hear me out and then tell me I'm nutz.

I'm feeling like Mike Evans is cooked and I should start thinking about benching him

I also feel like thats getting too cute... I have Burks and Watson  on my bench heating up Evans in my lineup trying to F*** me. Lol

I cant bring myself to actually  bench Evans but I'm tempted.

At this point in the season you generally go with the guys that got you this far, particularly if you're in the fantasy playoffs.  Like, you wouldn't bench, say, Josh Allen, even if he's put up some pedestrian lines lately.  

But if Evans hasn't been a big reason you've gotten here, then he doesn't qualify.  Feel free to bench for more intriguing candidates if you have them on your roster.  Burks is definitely the kind of guy that can be a "league winner".