Mims, Moore, z. Wilson

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

The team has failed at developing Zach ... handcuffing him to a short passing game is not the answer ..benching him if he lets his fundamentals regress is.

I'm sorry, 2 OL drafted in the first round, 2 WR drafted in the first and a high second round, A stud RB, FA additions at WR, and TE who have legit talent. This team is bending over backwards to develop Zach.  

3 hours ago, Flashlite80 said:

I think he had 12 catches in the first 3 games.  Didn't set the world on fire but Wilson dominated one of those games.  In 7 games with Zach, 6 catches.

:Lafleur is indeed a problem.  To be generous, he is hit and miss on his game planning.  Boy, when he misses, it's ugly.  New England crowded the line and he ran right into it and threw short passes underneath it.   The only decent play was the deep ball to Mims.  

He continued to call the same plays after they repeatedly failed.  New England didn't looked pressured on any play except that long pass.  

Zach is a problem.  The offensive line is hurt and didn't hold up, but LaFleur's game-plan gave them no chance if a vintage Peyton Manning was under center. 

What is the purpose of surrounding a quarterback with weapons if the offensive coordinator doesn't use them?  They excused Mims as a bust, Moore as a grouser.  Tell me Wilson is not a real weapon.

Vintage Peyton Manning. You seriously think if we had Peyton Manning playing Sunday, we lose? 

I swear, some people on the board need to seek therapy.  

Things would be better if Zach played even a little better and that makes LaFleur's job more difficult, but given two of the WRs have tried to get away from the team you can't say it's fan fiction that there is an issue between coaches and players. We're not even that far removed from the defensive players openly yelling at the coaches about playing during games. There seems to be, especially with the WRs, a very we want you to be the player we want without regard to your skillset. It seems the defensive coaches knocked that off and performance skyrocketed. 

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Maybe ML shoukd dust off the Statue of Liberty play.

saw namath run it once.  hard to say.  i have watched some of the game film since yesterday and it sure looks like wilson just isn't finding the open reeciver.  i can see why gwilson is getting frustrated.  and much as i think wilson or just about any qb shouldn't be throwing more than 25 times per game if a qb goes into a game knowing he won't be throwing much does that take something out of his ability?  even flacco was throwing more  and was more successful.

9 hours ago, Dunnie said:

The team has failed at developing Zach ... handcuffing him to a short passing game is not the answer ..benching him if he lets his fundamentals regress is.

Ugh... They would love it if ZW was throwing aces for twenty yards a pop.  They had to put the clamps on him because he was giving the ball away.  This past game against the Pats, even when they called passing plays, he didn't recognize targets coming open.  This is not on LeFleur.  He is really a fantastic coach.  Good communicator, ordered, good teacher and very professional in general.  I really like his blocking scheme.  It is slick and effective.  ZW is being crammed down the teams throat because he was JD's 1st round draft pick.  He is holding everyone back, including LeFleur.  And Kudos to Saleh for holding them together thus far despite the frustration caused by a QB that is the worst I have seen starting for the Jets in years.  Tom Tupa was a better QB. 

12 minutes ago, rangerous said:

saw namath run it once.  hard to say.  i have watched some of the game film since yesterday and it sure looks like wilson just isn't finding the open reeciver.  i can see why gwilson is getting frustrated.  and much as i think wilson or just about any qb shouldn't be throwing more than 25 times per game if a qb goes into a game knowing he won't be throwing much does that take something out of his ability?  even flacco was throwing more  and was more successful.

Zach had no business being in this game past the midway point of the third qrt. I don't  care if they tell him we are running the entire game and if you throw 5 passes, it will be a lot. He was missing wide open receivers all over the field. On some plays he had more than one and didn't  throw to either. This performance was beyond anything I ever imagined I would see from a pro QB. Zach should give back his game check.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Zach had no business being in this game past the midway point of the third qrt. I don't  care if they tell him we are running the entire game and if you throw 5 passes, it will be a lot. He was missing wide open receivers all over the field. On some plays he had more than one and didn't  throw to either. This performance was beyond anything I ever imagined I would see from a pro QB. Zach should give back his game check.  

in hindsight absolutely right.  the thing is was mike white getting in anyone's ear?  i liken this to an nba game (maybe not of late) where a coach sees his team faltering and want to go to the bench.  the bench players can all be looking like they want to go in or they can be staring at their feet and not wanting a part of it.  what did mike white want to do? 

20 minutes ago, rangerous said:

in hindsight absolutely right.  the thing is was mike white getting in anyone's ear?  i liken this to an nba game (maybe not of late) where a coach sees his team faltering and want to go to the bench.  the bench players can all be looking like they want to go in or they can be staring at their feet and not wanting a part of it.  what did mike white want to do? 

Nobody but Mike White knows but I'm pretty sure if Saleh told Zach to take a seat, Mike White would have played 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly,  I never want to see Wilson in a Jets uniform again. 

i don't about that but he definitely needs to get his head screwed on right.  it took geno about 6 years. new york is a tough place to play.  these kids can have all the talent in the world but they just can't seem to deal with the pressure.