Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Seed, you, JiF on my list. Wanna see where things go and if something more compelling comes along before deadline 

You mean the current 8 AM EST / 5 AM PST deadline?  Only compelling thing you’re gonna see tonight are posts from people whose babies woke them up in the middle of the night.  

Used to be we’d get a few drunk posts that time of night.  JN Mafia certainly has grown up quite a bit.  In real life, at least.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You mean the current 8 AM EST / 5 AM PST deadline?  Only compelling thing you’re gonna see tonight are posts from people whose babies woke them up in the middle of the night.  

Used to be we’d get a few drunk posts that time of night.  JN Mafia certainly has grown up quite a bit.  In real life, at least.  

Ah yeah time zone helps me there 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I can’t drink. I’m fasting!!!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Still don’t understand why @The Crusher and I are the only 2 voting Greenseed.  I get that the Barry thing became one giant distraction but there was also no traction on the guy before that all went down. 

The only defense I’ve seen for him doing the scummiest thing in the game to date was based on Meta.  Lame.  

I was voting peen then Jif called me a pussy so I had to show him how powerful my vote was.

you want do speed lynch the peen?

unvote

vote peen

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If the deadline doesn’t get moved I’ll do so in a few hours.  Not sure if it’ll make much of a difference for D1 purposes though.  

D1 is basically over ....I believe the highest number of votes on any particular player is 3.  So with no consensus looks like its going to take some night shenanigans to get things rolling.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I was voting peen then Jif called me a pussy so I had to show him how powerful my vote was.

you want do speed lynch the peen?

unvote

vote peen

Should Lynch somebody. Has he been on today? If he hasn’t not sure blind lynching him is prudent. If nothing else we can kill the Pac? 

4 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

D1 is basically over ....I believe the highest number of votes on any particular player is 3.  So with no consensus looks like its going to take some night shenanigans to get things rolling.

If enough people are around at a deadline movement can happen very quickly right before day ends in most games.  Just don’t think we’ll have enough players around to make that happen in this one.  

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

The 3 in bold:

jville has posted, but what? Anything of substance? Or is it just sorta ‘look like I’m playing’ fodder.

pac is hiding. he always does as scum, because he sucks.

beaver is clearly following the thread, by the sporadic comments, but keeping his hands clean.

The 4 underline:

All 4 have posted snd are acting or commenting like they just arrived in the Land if the Lost (awesome mafia theme idea, btw).

Disagree on your take on me. If anything I’ve felt that, joke posts aside, my volume has been low but the issues I have raised have been pretty substantive, detailed, and not of the “low hanging fruit” variety for a D1. They admittedly haven’t gained much traction, though I think the shiny object of the JiF/Barry discussion kind of becoming the all encompassing topic of the day had something to do with that.

On Pac, he’s done this I think every game I’ve played on D1. He’s useless until later on or he gets pushed in my experience.

Agreed on Beav. Mentioned it earlier, but his hopping on the Pac train right when it went from hot to melting away didn’t sit right and felt a bit like parking his vote on a dying out train.

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

I've modded a lot of absolute disasters...but there are some gems in my past I'm really proud of. Scouring of the Shire on DM was great and I think one of my very first games here, Dodgeball, was really fun (imo). Let's all hope this is another rare gem lol.

Justified. ??

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Nah, bro. Not liking the narrative explanation.

Jif, I’ve already said, I don’t put any stock in the trap info on Barry. I don’t believe lynching him gets us into. Scum knows If he’s really deputy, let scum deal with it. 

Scum doesn’t know his role only that he’s not scum. Weird you say scum can know he’s deputy 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

shoot?

Kill, knife, snipe, poison, drown, run over

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

******* pussies. Kill ‘em both.

Yeah. 

59 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lol. I’m more likely to drunk post these days twins almost 3 so my boys are all sleeping finally. 

@Integrity28 how would scum know barry is deputy 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Guilty on both charges

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Looking back now.  Up to Page 12.

I'll start by saying that when the Greenpeen stuff went down, the newbies were sh*t-posting a lot at the time.  No biggie, but I can see how it was distracting at that time.  Later, though, there was less of an excuse.

The initial scummy posts from Greenpeen, my initial reaction, and peen's OMGUS vote:

On 1/12/2023 at 3:24 PM, Greenseed4 said:

I don't think Nolder would sacrifice a game that already feels complex by giving a first-timer a scum role.  Which puts you and him in my town pile.  Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 

BTW: this link helped me when I first got started: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

On 1/12/2023 at 3:25 PM, Greenseed4 said:

You unofficially missed Verbal's gross, opportunistic vote on Pac. 

On 1/12/2023 at 3:28 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

You missed that Verbal has no vote today.  

On 1/12/2023 at 3:45 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Gross WIFOM/gaming the mod.  For one, I'm pretty sure Nolder randomizes alignments like most mods do.  But even if he didn't, it's not the worst idea to intentionally put a newbie on a scum team.  Gives him teammates to converse with and learn the game a bit.

unvote vote Greenpeen

On 1/12/2023 at 3:55 PM, Greenseed4 said:

OMGUS, throwing our precious little lambs to slaughter I see.  Very suspect. 

vote80

Crusher responds and votes him with me:

On 1/12/2023 at 6:38 PM, The Crusher said:

This is the sh*ttiest thing I've seen in this game. Plenty of times newbies caught scum roles. unvote vote Greenpeen

On 1/12/2023 at 6:39 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ This guy gets it

Bloodthirsty Lurker adds a 3rd vote but he doesn't stay there long:

On 1/12/2023 at 6:49 PM, Lurker89 said:

Can we  just get on a murder train and stick to it.

Vote Greenseed

Crusher hedges based on meta, which I can understand:

On 1/12/2023 at 6:54 PM, The Crusher said:

This game is shaping up nicely. This rookie class is already impressing. I don't agree with the case on 80 but it's awesome to see JGB coming out swinging. Green Peen's gaming post pings a bit, but it's Green peen so who knows. 

On 1/12/2023 at 6:59 PM, Nolder said:

Votecount
Pac - Beaver, jvill, Pac, Barry, Beaver(5)
Crusher - Smash (1)
Jvill - Stark (1)
Jif -Arsis (1)
Greenseed - 80, crusher, lurker (3)
80 - Greenseed, jgb, Hal (3)

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
There is no deadline at this time.

Greenpeen's initial defense:

On 1/12/2023 at 7:10 PM, Greenseed4 said:

In a Nolder game? Not to my recollection but wtf do I know?

And if that is the sh*ttiest thing you’ve seen in this game you’re not read up, lol.

On 1/12/2023 at 7:15 PM, The Crusher said:

I meant as it relates to game play. I honestly think you been around long enough to have seen rookies draw mafia. I can't say for sure in a Nolder's game, that seems kind of a hedge for you now that your called out,  but I honestly don't see why not.  Nolder's modding style is pretty brash, he gives close to zero ****s so I don't see him shying away from sticking a rookie on the scum team. Like at all. 

On 1/12/2023 at 7:42 PM, Greenseed4 said:

I haven’t played Mafia in over a year so I could definitely be way off base, but I recall Nolder having the most wrinkles and twists in his games and got the feeling that he created specific roles for specific posters.  

This wouldn’t be my first bad take.

The above defense was OK, but I missed this one about hi OMGUS defense.  Pretty gross justification:

22 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I’ve always been consistent with my sensitive OMGUS votes. The fact that I’m Pied Pipering the newbies here makes me feel gross. 

unvote 

Peen completely backtracks and votes jgb.  Kind of a bold maneuver if scum, I must admit:

18 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Harrison Ford What GIF

New theory: Nolder DID assign at least one of the new players a role, which would explain their fascination with “roles.”

It’s one thing to be chatty on Day 1, but to be driving so much action makes me think I was off base when I cleared the newbs. 

@jgb is either a natural at Mafia or is acting on direction from his scum coaches.  If I’m wrong I apologize, but I’m probably not.

Vote jgb

Barry joins the Peen train:

12 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So you went from "the mod wouldn't make a newb scum" to "new theory mod made jgb scum" after being called out and having a little train built up. That's pretty flakey, even for green peen. .

I could kill this, even though I prefer to kill pac.

unvote

vote greenpeen

This is a bad look that deserves its own post.  Before the Barry garbage, JiF gets a ping on Peen:

On 1/12/2023 at 3:24 PM, Greenseed4 said:

I don't think Nolder would sacrifice a game that already feels complex by giving a first-timer a scum role.  Which puts you and him in my town pile.  Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 

BTW: this link helped me when I first got started: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

12 hours ago, JiFields said:

ewwwwww....pingy ping pa ping ping ping

But doesn't vote him.  That's a fairly typical scum maneuver in my experience.

• Upvote 1

So I just went through all of @Stark's posts this game and not once does he acknowledge or discuss the Greenpeen stuff.  He seemingly went out of his way to avoid it too despite plenty of opportunities, instead focusing on Arsis and the reaction to the Barry situation:

11 hours ago, Stark said:

you really already defending D1 votes... nice

Lets get it....

VOTE ARSIS pretty much anyone that vote Barry is sus

6 hours ago, Stark said:

1. Arsis

2. JGB

3. 80

Arsis hopped on Barry even after trap. JGB is playing a pretty advanced game, knowing QT, terms (80 posted in  game), emo jif before he went emo. 80 of course D1 staple 

and you should know I have never once hidden as scum. Im just busy, work hours... had basketball practice for 2 kids last night got home and crashed so rule 14 on my activity.

I asked beaver his thoughts on smash just to see what he'd say because he was vote hoping what felt like quickly and I was hoping he would respond to me while I was still around so I could prod him. didn't work out. 

also JiF has a point and even I mentioned it. we don't know 100% Deputy is town. it should be by wiki. we also don't know what other traps there are or how to trigger them so Im letting JiF ride for now mostly because I read his play as trying to get some "dumb" scum to follow him to Barry, which apparently wasn't his motivation there.

now  either vote Arsis with me for now or do something other than argue with jif. lol 

11 hours ago, The Crusher said:

If everyone had grabbed ass enough, why don’t we just go ahead agree and Lynch Green Peen once all of you read through. Pac is Pac and the votes on him for  being Pac make sense because he sucks a at this, but him voting himself is far from a scum tell. Not voting  JGB anytime soon, great addition to the game, very well could be parroting out of the scum chat but I don’t struggle thinking he’s in the discovery phase just looking sh*t up. Not sure who other leaders are, but Greenseeds gaming the mod post are gross. 

Crusher tries to bring things back to Greenpeen, but then.....

11 hours ago, JiFields said:

unvote

vote Barry

This happens.  And no, I'm not saying JiF knowingly distracted us from Peen here, just pointing out the timeline of events.  Nothing but Barry got discussed, pretty much, for the next several pages.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So I just went through all of @Stark's posts this game and not once does he acknowledge or discuss the Greenpeen stuff.  He seemingly went out of his way to avoid it too despite plenty of opportunities, instead focusing on Arsis and the reaction to the Barry situation:

Yeah arsis votes the deputy and no one but me says anything or votes him so I’m ignoring peen…. 

I didn’t go out of my way to ignore anyone keep readin my posts even my last few. Peen may not be in there but you might find something 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Looking back now.  Up to Page 12.

I'll start by saying that when the Greenpeen stuff went down, the newbies were sh*t-posting a lot at the time.  No biggie, but I can see how it was distracting at that time.  Later, though, there was less of an excuse.

The initial scummy posts from Greenpeen, my initial reaction, and peen's OMGUS vote:

Crusher responds and votes him with me:

Bloodthirsty Lurker adds a 3rd vote but he doesn't stay there long:

Crusher hedges based on meta, which I can understand:

Greenpeen's initial defense:

The above defense was OK, but I missed this one about hi OMGUS defense.  Pretty gross justification:

Peen completely backtracks and votes jgb.  Kind of a bold maneuver if scum, I must admit:

Barry joins the Peen train:

It’s the flip flop that pings for me. jgb was active the whole time IIRC, so what changed the theory?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Unvote vote 80

I've already mentioned his scum trying to avoid traps post, but the below caught my eye as well.

The Pac train dynamics are the biggest thing. 80 votes Pac, very quickly Lurker follows, Verbal doesn't have a vote but chimes in with a fake one, Beaver and jgb note the quick build up as well. Then 80 tags Pac noting the vote count, before quickly breaking off the train and moving to Greenpeen before Pac even has to respond at all to the pressure (even if it was just a joke train). 80's vote started the momentum that took Pac's train from 4 to 6, and before seeing if anything at all comes from it he bails and the train melts. (NOTE: Pac's train wasn't actually at 6 at the time, there was a missed unvote from Beaver included, but 80 and others believed it was at 6).

I'm fine with the reasoning for the vote on Peen, but even the way he went about it felt a bit off / performative. No mention of Peen doing dumb sh*t like this all the time, "my vote stays". Almost like overstating the strength of the case to paper over the weird Pac movement.

In the midst of the Barry nonsense, jvill cased me.  I like this post and like jvill for town currently.  He acknowledges that the Greenpeen vote/case at least had a little merit but just didn't like the way it happened, accusing me of distracting from Pac.

Since so few even were willing to acknowledge the Peen case I will take anything I can get in terms of discussion from the first 20 or so pages of the game, so Jvill is pretty high up in my town pile at the moment.

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A joke train falling apart early on D1 is not a case my man.  

Not sure what you mean by the bold either.  I don't remember Greenpeen doing sh*t like this "all the time".  We haven't played Mafia in 2 years and I don't remember much of anything about his style of play or any dumb sh*t he's done in the past?

10 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

The mechanics of it falling apart certainly could be. And I'm not going to go digging back through previous games right now, but I am 100% certain Greenpeen has had multiple similar gaming the mod type moments in the past. Not as certain, but I think it got to a point where at one point it was argued we shouldn't not vote him for it even though it is his meta. So again, I don't fault your reasoning for the vote but at least in my mind leaving out that meta, when combined with the timing, felt a bit intentional. Though if you say you don't remember any of that or his play style not sure there's benefit in us debating your memory.

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can honestly say I remember none of this and your memory is impressive, lol.  

I believe you and I will adjust my thinking accordingly.  Greenpeen went from like 75 % scum in my mind down to more like a 40 % shot.  But I'm keeping my vote there for now anyways because honestly, I'm confused why more people aren't voting him.  No one but you has brought up his meta to this point.

I tried to bring it back to Peen a bit (though I got caught up in the Barry nonsense not long after so I of course acknowledge I contributed to the mess), and jvill was the only taker on that discussion and made some good points. 

Again, jvill establishes towniness in my eyes.

10 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I’ll be (real life) moving today and tomorrow.  I didn’t think it would be a major issue but the idiots at AT&T cut my internet earlier than I wanted and I get spotty Hot spots.  I’ll be reconnected at my new place this afternoon.

I’ll say this… my first Mafia game was a gay wedding between JiF and Crushlove and since then I’ve always tried to play into the characters we’ve been given… I thought that was half the fun.

Reading through this game it’s pretty obvious that players will ping themselves by standing out and I don’t need to go into my typically deep over meta. Though fwiw, I think a game that allows for players to “game the mod” might be a fun game to play…it would imply that we could solve the mystery of who’s who by piercing together clues and not relying on poker faces. 

For me the player who is clearly playing above his weight class is jgb.  It’s not just his activity level it’s the terminology and the advanced logic; it’s his refusal to follow JiF who he says he knows to be a good player. Why push back so hard on a player I’m your first game when you’re “learning”.  

It reeks of coaching. 

REEEEEEEKS

Decent post by Peen here, I must admit.