2023 Yankees Thread

Maxman

2 hours ago, Barton said:

Hal's comments today:

“We’re going to make some changes. Some may be more subtle than others,” Steinbrenner said Wednesday at Sportico’s Invest in Sports conference, per the Associated Press.

“Possibly personnel but not necessarily personnel. It could be practices. It could be the way we communicate.”

The meetings included general manager Brian Cashman and manager Aaron Boone, among other team officials.

“At times it got a little dicey, but it was respectful,” Steinbrenner said, adding that the topics of discussion were player health, clubhouse culture, analytics and scouting.

-------

HAHAHAHA this is too much. Nothing big is gonna change, folks. Yanks are run by a bunch of morons, top to bottom. 

I read that. Total corporate BS. Let's see the changes. They are putting new stuff in the club house. Oh my.

• Upvote 1

On 10/10/2023 at 11:13 PM, Maxman said:

The subtractions will be the key part. Last offseason they didn't shed the dead weight.

The rotation is actually okay at the top now that King is a starter again. Let Sevy walk (He should have been converted to a reliever years ago).

Clay Holmes, I want him in the 8th and a new closer.

Would be great if they could trade Stanton.

Stanton just kills a roster spot.

He may be the slowest Yankee since 36 year old Jorge Posada.  He has hit almost exactly 200 over the last 2 years, with an on base in the 280s.

I don't care if he goes somewhere else and turns it around like Hicks did, he has proven he won't do that in NY.

• 2 weeks later...

Yankees have a kid in the minors who is 5’6 with a high batting average, an obp over 500 and a 5% strikeout ratio. And now he’s talking about wanting to lift the ball in the air more. Wonder who told him to do that? I swear this organization is a bunch of idiots. No idea how to develop hitters. In fact, they ruin guys. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/14/2023 at 4:17 PM, Barton said:

The Yankees have been a team with low confidence and low energy since Boone has taken over. Sloppy play in the field and basepaths too. Total nonsense he is coming back. 

Boone is not a great manager but it’s not really his fault.  Cashman has turned this roster into the mlb version of the early 2000’s Knicks with one bad contract after another.  Rodon is going to make Javy Vazquez and AJ Burnett look like bargains.  DJ, Stanton, Rizzo- it’s a lot of overpriced yuck that isn’t fun to watch.  His recent trades have been horrific.  

Supposedly he’s going after Ohtani.  I doubt it happens.  The Mets wisely dumped a couple bad contracts and they have the richest owner in sports so I can see them getting him

Yankees can love Volpe all they want for the past 2 years but you cant explain the logic in passing on guys like Corey Seager and Trey Turner, both young stud shortstops who had WS rings before they hit free agency.

If Volpe pans out, cool. Put him at 3rd base or 2nd base like Bregman or Simien are doing. Volpe's range and arm is bleh btw. 

Meanwhile, pay guys like Stanton and absorb brutal contracts like Donaldson. Cashman is effing clueless. 

Cashman & the Yanks: Corey Seager? Trea Turner? Nahhh we dont need world series winning shortstops entering their prime who are free agents --- we have Volpe coming up in the minors! Too much money! But lets trade for Stanton and take on 8 years, 280 mill. 

Dingbats, if Volpe pans out, cool. You can put him at 2nd or 3rd base. 

So dumb. 

On 11/4/2023 at 1:48 PM, Barton said:

Cashman & the Yanks: Corey Seager? Trea Turner? Nahhh we dont need world series winning shortstops entering their prime who are free agents --- we have Volpe coming up in the minors! Too much money! But lets trade for Stanton and take on 8 years, 280 mill. 

Dingbats, if Volpe pans out, cool. You can put him at 2nd or 3rd base. 

So dumb. 

They have an insane amount of guaranteed money and years tied up in Stanton, DJ and Rodon.  If George still was alive he wouldn’t care but that’s not the case now.