Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

3 hours ago, GTB999 said:

Yep.  But life is calculated risks.  Have to jump into the pool at some point if you want to succeed.

That being said.  I think it's a bad idea to trade for AR.  He will play 2023 like his hair is on fire and take Jets to second round of playoffs.  He has that Jordan quality where he ups his level of play when he feels slighted.  I do not think he will bring a SB to the jets.  Not worth the price.

If he makes the playoffs in 2024 and then moves in gracefully, for this franchise it was worth the price.  

A 1 and 2 next year 20+ is ok with me for that.  

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

The Jets are a very good QB away from contending for a Super Bowl.  Certainly, winning the division and being competitive in the playoffs is a reasonable target.  At least in some of our opinions.  YMMV.

This assumes getting 3+ quality starters in the 2023 Draft.  Doable but not guaranteed.  

See some guys saying they want 2924s pick we potentially send to be based on ARs retirement. That 100% can’t and won’t happen. AR can say he’s retiring. Jets don’t send the pick and then he decides to come back to the Jets. So that 2024 pick will be based on the teams performance. I for one think the one and only way it could turn into a 1st is if we play in the SB. AFCCG a 2nd and anything less a 3rd. 

1 hour ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

It's going to get ugly once the draft comes and goes and the price goes up. 

Douglas is painting himself into a corner by not at least entertaining Stroud / Levis 

Lol. Yeah I can imagine that convo:

Gute: so Joe, since we were demanding a 2024 1st previously, which you balked at, now we want 2x firsts.

Joe douglas: click...

Gute: hello? Joe, you there?

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Open it up to any team that thinks Rodgers is worth a flyer on a ‘24 pick(s)while he plays for them in ‘23. You don’t think a team like SF would be interested in that?

Open it up. Yes. The nonsensical narrative that, since February, the packers have engaged in exclusive negotiations with the jets and have shunned various other suitors out of their undying devotion and love to NY. 

Heard gute's hand started hurting from hanging up on so many teams offering 1st rd picks. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s bc they both saw us beat them both last year with Zach “worst starting QB in the league” Wilson and are terrified what we can do and how bad it can look for them with Rodgers a Jet.

Id be more concerned if you got Stroud or Levis. 

I love how my intentions are questioned as if me being here will influence woody. Bizarre logic. 

1 minute ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Id be more concerned if you got Stroud or Levis. 

I love how my intentions are questioned as if me being here will influence woody. Bizarre logic. 

Well maybe it's not so far fetched that woody is reading this message board....

1 minute ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

5 hours ago, varjet said:

The $25mm is payable in 2024.  I think most experts think the Packers should spread the hit across 2023 and 2024. 

Rodgers hates the Packers front office because he thinks, probably correctly, that he could have went to the Super Bowl if they drafted him a WR instead of Jordan Love.

if the Jets don’t get Rodgers, they should get Wentz, try their best, and be first in line for a QB next year.  

Do you seriously think the Jets roster is that bad without Rodgers? Some of you guys are living in a dream world.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Open it up. Yes. The nonsensical narrative that, since February, the packers have engaged in exclusive negotiations with the jets and have shunned various other suitors out of their undying devotion and love to NY. 

Heard gute's hand started hurting from hanging up on so many teams offering 1st rd picks. 

You know when someone gets taken advantage of negotiationing a deal?
When they think like you.

3 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

On behalf of the jets, I politely decline this offer. I am, under no circumstances, giving an unconditional 1st in any year. Please proceed to trade him to next team offering an unconditional 1st. We'll pivot to stafford/tannehill + draft a developmental qb+ zach.

Thanks for the effort though.

Shaking My Head GIF by Grammarly.com

10 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

I actually want Rodgers on the jets 

Buffalo @ NY 

Sunday night football opener

Allen vs Rodgers shootout would be awesome 

Watching Allen against us last year makes you think Allen could have a “shootout” against us is hilarious. Go look at his stat line against us in 2 games last year. And that was with an offense that had our defense on the field more than they should.

If I was BUF. I’d be very scared the Jets get AR.

• More Ugh 1

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

This is my favorite line from Packers fans.  The Jets have sucked for the better part of a decade. The “threat” of us sucking again this year/continuing to suck does not faze us one iota.

I’m surprised at you, you’re smarter than most on this board. What does how you, or any fan think have to do with anything?

This is about JD and Woody trying to take a shot at the brass ring to try and Saleh and JD save their jobs.
Granted, Woody isn’t going anywhere, but Saleh and JD need to make this happen. If it doesn’t they will be gone and we will suck for another 4-5 years.

2 hours ago, GTB999 said:

Stafford’s contract is incredibly prohibitive to a trade. He only haa $20 million cap hit for this year, before it jumps to $49.5 million in 2024. But a trade (before June 1), with that $26 million option bonus layered in for an acquiring team to pick up or not before the third day of the league year, would give the Rams a $74 million dead money hit for 2023.

Titans will keep Tannehill.  If they draft a QB, he will sit and learn for a year rather than throw the rookie into the fire.  If they don't, then they need a QB.  

Shhhh. Let the morons think they’re our plan B.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

On behalf of the jets, I politely decline this offer. I am, under no circumstances, giving an unconditional 1st in any year. Please proceed to trade him to next team offering an unconditional 1st. We'll pivot to stafford/tannehill + draft a developmental qb+ zach.

Thanks for the effort though.

Stafford can’t be traded now.   On to other options(tannehill)

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m surprised at you, you’re smarter than most on this board. What does how you, or any fan think have to do with anything?

This is about JD and Woody trying to take a shot at the brass ring to try and Saleh and JD save their jobs.
Granted, Woody isn’t going anywhere, but Saleh and JD need to make this happen. If it doesn’t they will be gone and we will suck for another 4-5 years.

With all due respect, what the hell are you talking about?

So if we get AR, make the the playoffs, Saleh and JD are immediately getting an extension at the end of the year? They better, cause if they don't, we are going to stink in 2024 and probably the next 5 years anyways because we killed our cap for AR and sent GB draft capital that could have been used for a new QB. 

Let me emphasize this: we will stink in 2024 and beyond because we got AR, not the otherway around. We have a better chance of long term success without getting AR.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

45 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Lol. Yeah I can imagine that convo:

Gute: so Joe, since we were demanding a 2024 1st previously, which you balked at, now we want 2x firsts.

Joe douglas: click...

Gute: hello? Joe, you there?

and here’s your 2023 starting QB… Tim Boyle!
Wise up man. We need to get this done as badly as GB does. The only difference is, they might be able to eventually get it done with another team.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ptisme said:

Stafford can’t be traded now.   On to other options(tannehill)

Done, I'll take tannehill or suck options. But just so you don't think I'm being completely unreasonable, let me counteroffer:

2nd this year

2nd next year that can graduate to a first if AR makes 14 of the 17 starts and jets make the playoffs.

GB gives back 3rd in 2025 if AR retire after 1 year.

This is beyond generous and way more than anyone else within the jets or on this board would offer. Take it or leave it, I honestly don't care.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Watching Allen against us last year makes you think Allen could have a “shootout” against us is hilarious. Go look at his stat line against us in 2 games last year. And that was with an offense that had our defense on the field more than they should.

If I was BUF. I’d be very scared the Jets get AR.

I'm sure Allen won't make adjustments. You got me

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

and here’s your 2023 starting QB… Tim Boyle!
Wise up man. We need to get this done as badly as GB does. The only difference is, they might be able to eventually get it done with another team.

No, you need to. I don't. I'm ok continuing to build a solid core and searching for the heir apparent in the draft.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Done, I'll take tannehill or suck options. But just so you don't think I'm being completely unreasonable, let me counteroffer:

2nd this year

2nd next year that can graduate to a first if AR makes 14 of the 17 starts and jets make the playoffs.

GB gives back 3rd in 2025 if AR retire after 1 year.

This is beyond generous and way more than anyone else within the jets or on this board would offer. Take it or leave it, I honestly don't care.

Lol I’ll take it.   Ur giving up more draft Capitol than my example.   High second and a second or first.next year are with more than a low second and low first next year.   Rodgers doesn’t have a penchant for missing games.  I like my odds on that first

38 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

No, you need to. I don't. I'm ok continuing to build a solid core and searching for the heir apparent in the draft.

I’m sorry for coming off a little strong earlier, but again… come on, our roster is too good right now to get any QB in the draft that will be a difference maker in the next 2-3 years ( unless you believe we’re lucky enough to step into the same type of sh*t the Pats did with Brady). That’s how badly Zach busting screwed up what was an otherwise really nice rebuild.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m sorry for coming off a little strong earlier, but again… come on, our roster is too good right now to get any QB in the draft that will be a difference maker in the next 4-5 years ( unless you believe we’re lucky enough to step into the same sh*t the Pats did with Brady). That’s how badly Zach busting screwed up what was an otherwise really nice rebuild.

Nothing is screwed up if Levis or Stroud are a franchise QB 

6 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Nothing is screwed up if Levis or Stroud are a franchise QB 

We’re never getting Stroud, and you’re like a broken record with him and Levis.

I live down south and have probably seen him play way more than you have. Forget the highlight reel you fell in love watching…  he’s hardly a sure thing.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Lol I’ll take it.   Ur giving up more draft Capitol than my example.   High second and a second or first.next year are with more than a low second and low first next year.   Rodgers doesn’t have a penchant for missing games.  I like my odds on that first

My thing is, it cant be an unconditional 1st. If it's a 1st in mid to late 20s, I wouldn't be thrilled but ultimately I could swallow it.

That's beyond compromise. Demanding an unprotected 1st and dragging this out when you know how it's gonna end is just being a petty baby.

13 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m sorry for coming off a little strong earlier, but again… come on, our roster is too good right now to get any QB in the draft that will be a difference maker in the next 2-3 years ( unless you believe we’re lucky enough to step into the same type of sh*t the Pats did with Brady). That’s how badly Zach busting screwed up what was an otherwise really nice rebuild.

You have a valid point. It's a shame to waste this young talent and yes, we're in a tough spot. But compounding 1 error (zach) with another error (mortgage everything for 1 year of AR) is a no go for me. To be clear, I want AR. I prefer we have him over any other option currently available. But there has to be a limit. An unconditional 1st is my red line. Do you understand this contract is gonna cripple our ability to make moves in 2024? Like if we don't win it all in 2023, we're doomed to suck for another 3 years after.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We’re never getting Stroud, and you’re like a broken record with him and Levis.

I live down south and have probably seen him play way more than you have. Forget the highlight reel you fell in love watching…  he’s hardly a sure thing.

Zach Wilson is not a long term plan. If the jets get Rodgers, who's the QB in 24 and beyond? How will you aquire the equivalent prospect of a Levis or Stroud? With Rodgers the jets will challenge for the division and a deep playoff run. You're picking in the late 20s. ( It's possible Douglas trades down to aquire a first next year who knows)

Saying they're not a sure thing and silly comments like " only watching highlights" is not a real answer 

31 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

With all due respect, what the hell are you talking about?

So if we get AR, make the the playoffs, Saleh and JD are immediately getting an extension at the end of the year? They better, cause if they don't, we are going to stink in 2024 and probably the next 5 years anyways because we killed our cap for AR and sent GB draft capital that could have been used for a new QB. 

Let me emphasize this: we will stink in 2024 and beyond because we got AR, not the otherway around. We have a better chance of long term success without getting AR.

i agree. and i feel bad for JD and Saleh cause you cant tell me that JD who values draft picks more than his kids wanted the one guy available who would cost them draft picks. plus they didnt need to win a SB to keep their jobs, they needed playoffs this year. 

and there were a few FA QBs who could have did just that while we kept all our draft picks to continue to build this team. 

i blame Woody. he fell in love with the Rodgers idea. and now hes having 2nd thoughts cause he just realized that Rodgers contract is a team killer and isnt worth it for even 2 years but much much worst for just one year.

Woody should extend them just for sticking his nose is this cause without Rodgers we suck and they all get fired.