49ers signing QB Sam Darnold

14 hours ago, football guy said:

Getting back to football: I believe the same. He showed flashes this year when the OL finally came together. He’s going to be surrounded by an elite line + skill position players. Their room became very interesting: they have the one guy who is all tools but no polish (Lance), the other who is all poise/decisiveness but less talented (Purdy), and then Darnold who at this point is kind of a balance of both. 

It will not shock me at all if he finds a way into the lineup for them this year. Purdy was an awesome story but like Mike White/Nick Foles/Gardner Minshew, I’m not super convinced that he’s the real deal just yet. 

Of course he'll find a way on to the field.

49er QBs usually last 5-7 games before going down for the season.  Darnold will be starting by November at the worst.

46 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I said the Jets would have done 10-7 or 11-6 with him last season.  I didn’t say anything else.  

Unprovable hypotheticals are fun and all but..... the difference between Darnold and Wilson was 3-4 wins?  No. 

And Wilson was, of course, trash.

23 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To recap:

• 15 months ago @JiF4Lamar claimed Darnold wasn't getting traded to the 49ers (he wasn't).  
  • Today Darnold gets signed for nothing by the 49ers (quite different from a trade).
  • @football guy has a victory lap, 15 month later.

Yeah, football guy really "won" this one.  lmao.  

What a cuck.

How the fook did I miss this delicious thread? Damn you all for not telling me.

• Haha 1