If Zach Wilson works under Rodgers for a year and still looks like Zach Wilson

5 hours ago, FootballLove said:

I'm shocked at how fast fans want to kick ZW to the curb and return our franchize to another decade+ of darkness we just emerged from.

Wait....you think that committing years and years to a sunken cost Zach Wilson is the best plan to avoid a decade+ of darkness?

Some QB's just suck dude.  Have to be willing to move on when you have a good idea of what they are.  Which we already do, and that will be further confirmed in the remaining 2 years of his rookie deal. 

Name all the young QBs the Jets gave up on over the years who went on to become FQB's elsewhere?  Geno Smith?  Who finally became decent 9.5 years later just to lose in the Divisional Round?  And that's it.  End of list.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Kids got 2 years to work it out behind the scenes. 

Unless Rodgers gets hurt — and there is still time to correct this grevious error — because the Jets insist on him being QB2.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

That’s totally fair and I’m sure they are constantly evaluating him, but the concern is, what if he has to play this year? Why not just make him 3rd string (redshirt him) and give him a chance to win the job in camp should Rodgers decide to retire after this year? 

I guess we’ll see what he looks like in the preseason, but there is just no evidence that he’s ready to be the backup QB on a playoff team. You can’t blame people for being concerned. 

meet Kyle. Kyle is an NFL QB currently backing up an NFL QB on a playoff team whos playing style is conducive to injury.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3115293/kyle-allen

then there is Blaine. Blaine has completed 24 passes in the last 3 years and has 51 TD's to 47 picks in 11 professional seasons.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13987/blaine-gabbert

just saying....

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Bingo. Can’t have it both ways.

either he has to be developed or he is good and ready to go. Can’t be both! 

They want him to get a redshirt year but are petrified if he gets jumped over (again) on the depth chart that their chances of being proven right on the Internet plummet.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

meet Kyle. Kyle is an NFL QB currently backing up an NFL QB on a playoff team whos playing style is conducive to injury.

then there is Blaine. Blaine has completed 24 passes in the last 3 years and has 51 TD's to 47 picks in 11 professional seasons.

just saying....

And some people huff glue. Let’s not aspire to be dumb, also.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

After two years of Rodgers the plan right now is Wilson much to the horror of most of this forum.

They're not giving him an extension dude.  No.  He's not the plan.

In any case, whatever they think of Zach longterm, we need a much better, veteran QB2 at this moment.  No one, whether they like/dislike or believe in Zach Wilson, should want him being the QB2 for this team in 2023.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

And some people huff glue, also. Let’s not aspire to be dumb, also.

dude the NFL is not ripe with legit QB's looking to be backups. not sure what to tell you.

Brisett is on the comanders because he hopes that the NC kid sh*ts the bed, same for Heinikie, same for Dalton...not one of them is coming to a team with a HOF QB, with a young player the team is basically committed to long term (for now).

Just now, k-met57 said:

dude the NFL is not ripe with legit QB's looking to be backups. not sure what to tell you.

Brisett is on the comanders because he hopes that the NC kid sh*ts the bed, same for Heinikie, same for Dalton...not one of them is coming to a team with a HOF QB, with a young player the team is basically committed to long term (for now).

Do you think Zach needs a reset or not? If not, why is Rodgers here? If so, why do you want him in a position to get thrown in before said reset is complete?

Just now, k-met57 said:

just saying....

Sure, but that doesn’t mean the jets have to settle for Kyle or Blaine. 

Honestly man, nothing would be better in the long run for this team than for Zach to just wake up and suddenly be a good QB. I want it so badly, I can taste it. Nothing would bring me more joy than watching a young Jets QB rise from the ashes. A version of Zach with that arm who could process quickly and accurately deliver the ball would be so, so, so much fun. But dreams are fun. 

Since that seems like a heck of a longshot, I’m more concerned with making the playoffs and actually being a good team for the first time in 13 years.  An upper echelon backup would be a major plus .

If Zach is that guy, wonderful - but if you were Joe Douglas, Would you bet your job on it? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, jgb said:

Do you think Zach needs a reset or not? If not, why is Rodgers here? If so, why do you want him in a position to get thrown in before said reset is complete?

i do not think the zach needs a reset to the degree that we should bring in a bag of potato chips to the backup no. i also trust the new staff + A-rod to make the right call on QB2. Would i bring in Bridgewater? maybe...but he isnt coming here. not sure who else u want? Wentz?

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wait....you think that committing years and years to a sunken cost Zach Wilson is the best plan to avoid a decade+ of darkness?

Some QB's just suck dude.  Have to be willing to move on when you have a good idea of what they are.  Which we already do, and that will be further confirmed in the remaining 2 years of his rookie deal. 

Name all the young QBs the Jets gave up on over the years who went on to become FQB's elsewhere?  Geno Smith?  Who finally became decent 9.5 years later just to lose in the Divisional Round?  And that's it.  End of list.  

The jets have already moved on. They gave up a first rounder and then some and are paying Rodgers $100 million for 1-maybe-2 years. Zach is still here because his contract is guaranteed and no one will trade for it. He’d be cut if it made economic sense. But since we are stuck with him, yeah the jets will say some sweet nothings to the press about his future.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

They want him to get a redshirt year but are petrified if he gets jumped over (again) on the depth chart that their chances of being proven right on the Internet plummet.

Whoa whoa whoa 

to be clear - I am also prioritizing how to be right on the Internet 

• Haha 3

Sure, but that doesn’t mean the jets have to settle for Kyle or Blaine. 

Honestly man, nothing would be better in the long run for this team than for Zach to just wake up and suddenly be a good QB. I want it so badly, I can taste it. Nothing would bring me more joy than watching a young Jets QB rise from the ashes. A version of Zach with that arm who could process quickly and accurately deliver the ball would be so, so, so much fun. But dreams are fun. 

Since that seems like a heck of a longshot, I’m more concerned with making the playoffs and actually being a good team for the first time in 13 years.  An upper echelon backup would be a major plus .

If Zach is that guy, wonderful - but if you were Joe Douglas, Would you bet your job on it? 

i think its tough when u have both a QB of the present who is a HOF and a QB of the future who is a kid...i dont see a good backup coming here...i also dont think there is one available. i guess bridgewater? dont think its happening.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

The jets have already moved on. They have up a first rounder and then some and are paying Rodgers $100 million for 1-maybe-2 years. Zach is still here because his contract is guaranteed and no one will trade for it. He’d be cut if it made economic sense.

the simple fact that he is QB2 tells me otherwise. you are a hater...and i dont understand why.

Whoa whoa whoa 

to be clear - I am also prioritizing how to be right on the Internet 

Well, it is easier to just be right than play QB Excuse Twister, but to each his own, I suppose.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

Because his first two years are Jamarcus Russellesque which is objectively sucky.

thats so ******* lazy. JR had literally no desire to get better. By all accounts he loved everything thats bad for your long term health but football.

• Upvote 1

Just now, k-met57 said:

thats so ******* lazy. JR had literally no desire to get better. By all accounts he loved everything thats bad for your long term health but football.

Is it as lazy as calling anyone who disagrees with you “a hater?” Trying to keep score at home.

Just now, slimjasi said:

Oh I think people have been this way for long before 2023!

It’s a human flaw. 

The good news is society has a self-correcting mechanism. The renaissance followed the dark ages, etc.

• Upvote 2

Just now, k-met57 said:

wrong. i acknowledged your one good point, and agreed with it. you are saying he should be cut, thats being a hater.

No, I said he should not be because it makes no economic sense for the Jets to do so. I root for the jets, not a busted QB.

4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

who is on the jets...

Are you really going Theseus' paradox on me? Didn’t think you had it in you.

But I will counter with I love my mother. That doesn’t mean I love every part of her — a malignant tumor, as one example.

• Haha 2

No, I said he should not be because it makes no economic sense for the Jets to do so. I root for the jets, not a busted QB.
Whelp ... Sounds like Rodgers is all in on the reclamation project and sounds like it's going well ... So we have that to be thankful for.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Whelp ... Sounds like Rodgers is all in on the reclamation project and sounds like it's going well ... So we have that to be thankful for.

And I hope it works out but as we discussed before if Rodgers gets hurt week 1 we are back to the same issue of “rushing Zach onto the field before he’s ready.” If you’re going to reclaim, you need to make sure it’s not derailed by a concussion or high ankle sprain.

Remember, the first reset was aborted because Mike White got his chest concaved.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 6/8/2023 at 1:35 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably Nico.

In any case, the only conceivable way someone could be holding out hope he's a FQB like you say he will be is in the small samples of "flashes" we've seen, no?  1 quarter of the Steelers game....1 throw in the Bills game....moments in the Titans game as a rookie.....That's about the only positive moments he's displayed as a pro.  Or are you basing it purely on his college tape?

In either case, if there's only a handful of positive moments in his pro career to date, then a couple throws with awful mechanics to start his 3rd season....even in May....holds weight too.  Because we're supposed to be seeing significant progress by now.  Not the same old, same old.

Was Nico really a Zach fan?  I felt like false flag troll vibes IIRC lol.  

——

@jgb i was skimming but died when I saw something about the Nauvoo  Legion as Zach fans.

“Honorary Captain in The Nauvoo Legion for Zach” in a sig for a short time is one term I’m asking for if we make another bet. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Was Nico really a Zach fan?  I felt like false flag troll vibes IIRC lol.  

——

@jgb i was skimming but died when I saw something about the Nauvoo  Legion as Zach fans.

“Honorary Captain in The Nauvoo Legion for Zach” in an sig for a short time is one term I’m asking for if we make another bet. 

You don’t need a bet to follow your heart

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Which one has earned the benefit of the doubt?

It’s ok to fawn over any camp throw as long as you realize it means nothing.

zach will always wow people once or twice a game. He needs to prove he can put 30 of 35 plays together 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

zach will always wow people once or twice a game. He needs to prove he can put 30 of 35 plays together 

Acknowledge the flashes, hater fool.

• Haha 2

Totally agree .. he needs to be reliably consistent. Short passes need to be layups.... Hero ball needs to be used in dire situations... Etc etc

• Upvote 2