If Zach Wilson works under Rodgers for a year and still looks like Zach Wilson

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So “doing something about” our negativity over Zach as a prospect, to you, means committing murder.

Wow.  I can’t even comprehend how your brain arrived at this thought and then decided it was a good one to post for the internet to see.  

I can't comprehend how you and others continue to beat this kid with rhetorical hate even though he's been replaced.  Murder may have been rhetorically over the top.  Why don't you try cutting yourself instead.  Is that better?

34 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

A bit aggressive. I’m happy Douglas moved on as quickly as he did. I still fault the Jets for babying Wilson and not doing enough homework on the transition from BYU to an NFL locker room. More ground rules should have been established from the onset.

The guy you fault is named Robert Saleh.  He's still hanging around.  

12 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Pretty nauseating that there’s a significant likelihood Zach Wilson is starting games for the jets next regular season

Depressing when meat and potato guys are available for a song right now

• Upvote 2

On 5/13/2023 at 7:35 PM, KRL said:

With the 65% playing condition on the 2024 pick, we can only hope Rodgers leads
us to a bunch of huge leads so Wilson can come in and mop up.  As far as the
pre-season is concerned I would expect Wilson to play as follows:

- In game 1 he'll play the first half (Rodgers won't play)
- In game 2 he'll play the 2nd & 3rd quarter (Rodgers will play the first quarter)
- In game 3 he'll play the second half (Rodgers will play the first half)
- In game 4 he'll play into the 3rd quarter (Rodgers won't play)

Sounds reasonable. I hope he is up to it. He was the only Jets QB with a winning record, though it could have and SHOULD have been much better.

• Upvote 1

On 6/6/2023 at 4:51 AM, Dunnie said:

I mean .. I have seen exactly two throws from Zach ... Have u seen more?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

On 6/6/2023 at 4:58 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

2 is all it takes.  

Two isn’t a lot in isolation but when it confirms the balance of data we already have, there is no cause for optimism, either. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Two isn’t a lot in isolation but when it confirms the balance of data we already have, there is no cause for optimism, either. 

But Dunnie BELIEVES Zach can still be a franchise QB AND an effective QB2 this year.  Isn't that enough?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But Dunnie BELIEVES Zach can still be a franchise QB AND an effective QB2 this year.  Isn't that enough?

To be fair, he did say a full redshirt year is a good idea. Which leads to the logical conclusion we need another arm in the building who can at least protect a lead by dink and dunking and leveraging the run game.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Well ... you could say that limiting your sample set to hand picked 2 occurrences out of an unknown quantity is a flawed concept to begin with. 

11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Well ... you could say that limiting your sample set to hand picked 2 occurrences out of an unknown quantity is a flawed concept to begin with. 

Oh, you mean like how Zach defenders used one quarter of the Steelers game to claim Zach Wilson is a future franchise QB while minimizing all the other datapoints?

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

No. We have two seasons of terrible data. The two passes moves the needle not one iota. That’s the point. I was pessimistic before and I still am, even if he had an amazing practice day. If you’re optimistic despite horrific performance for two years, I question your wisdom, but two passes shouldn’t alter that opinion, either.

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh, you mean like how Zach defenders used one quarter of the Steelers game to claim Zach Wilson is a future franchise QB while minimizing all the other datapoints?

FLASHES!

dc comics fox GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

I hate that Douglas made the worst pick in franchise history

Cold comfort is that extrapolating college QBs to the pros remains the hardest thing to do in sports management. Even the best whiff. That said, Wilson always had that “bust stink on him.” Which was a direct quote by me on the eve of the draft right before I comped him to an “airbrushed Jimmy Clausen.”

55 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Who did that?

Probably Nico.

In any case, the only conceivable way someone could be holding out hope he's a FQB like you say he will be is in the small samples of "flashes" we've seen, no?  1 quarter of the Steelers game....1 throw in the Bills game....moments in the Titans game as a rookie.....That's about the only positive moments he's displayed as a pro.  Or are you basing it purely on his college tape?

In either case, if there's only a handful of positive moments in his pro career to date, then a couple throws with awful mechanics to start his 3rd season....even in May....holds weight too.  Because we're supposed to be seeing significant progress by now.  Not the same old, same old.

Probably Nico.
In any case, the only conceivable way someone could be holding out hope he's a FQB like you say he will be is in the small samples of "flashes" we've seen, no?  1 quarter of the Steelers game....1 throw in the Bills game....moments in the Titans game as a rookie.....That's about the only positive moments he's displayed as a pro.  Or are you basing it purely on his college tape?
In either case, if there's only a handful of positive moments in his pro career to date, then a couple throws with awful mechanics to start his 3rd season....even in May....holds weight too.  Because we're supposed to be seeing significant progress by now.  Not the same old, same old.
I agree ...we have only seen fits and flashes ... And traits ... It has not come together .. even the brilliant moments ... Such as the hero ball point bomb ... Had major issues.

It's the raw traits that make me want to be sure it wasn't mostly crappy developmental coaching. Like hooper said " I just wanna be sure ... You want to be sure.... "

• Upvote 1

On 6/5/2023 at 4:18 PM, Biggs said:

I can't comprehend how you and others continue to beat this kid with rhetorical hate even though he's been replaced.  Murder may have been rhetorically over the top.  Why don't you try cutting yourself instead.  Is that better?

He is bad at the football. He cost a lot to acquire and pay, assets that could've been allocated elsewhere. We prefer the Jets to win.

Snl Any Questions GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I agree ...we have only seen fits and flashes ... And traits ... It has not come together .. even the brilliant moments ... Such as the hero ball point bomb ... Had major issues.

It's the raw traits that make me want to be sure it wasn't mostly crappy developmental coaching. Like hooper said " I just wanna be sure ... You want to be sure.... "

Every first round pick -- except Tim Tebow -- that has busted had physical talent. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably Nico.

He just wants to believe. He's a Zach fan. I guess let him have it.

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably Nico.

Sanchez - Geno - Darnold - Wilson. 

Each worse than the last. Can't wait to see what abomination awaits after Rodgers retires.

charles laughton disney GIF

• Haha 2