Since striking out on Zach, JD has done the following ..

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Drafting a historic bust and saying they "struck out" is a lazy take?  Seems more like a fact that for some reason is very hard for you to accept, dude is worse then Jamarcus Russell.  And I love how those of you who littered the board for months shouting down anyone that raised a concern about Wilson are now acting like the "haters" were the vocal majority and that is 100000x further from the truth.  95% of this board was head over heels in love w/ Wilson, w/ you leading the charge calling him the best prosect you've ever seen.  Those of us saying, hold up, wait, there are huge red flags, were by far the vocal minority.  There was like 10 of us vs. hundreds of supports. 

I am assuming that @JiF doesn’t like Zach Wilson and hasn’t from the start and has a man crush on Justin Fields. Not sure. Someone confirm for me. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I went off memory on the Mitchell snap count.  So 340 it is.

Forest thru the trees though, he wasn't even supposed to play as he built his strength up to the NFL level.  He impressed the coaching staff enough to get the chance before getting hurt and then ill.

As for my memory on his sacks, 1 was a bad one in his last game before he was pulled and then announced out for the rest of the year due to illness.

One was a 'coverage sack' that Zach walked right into.

Another was a strip sack against the Browns that Flacco dropped too far back into.

The guy showed great feet and a high IQ.  Excited for his future development.

You own the right to your opinions on the 2 LBs.  I'm not here to change them.  I'm personally bullish because of what Sherwood showed in preseason and those 25 snaps (mostly against the Bills).  The other hasn't shown anything and my reading of the tea leaves is that he is not destined for the roster.  

Yeah.  Wasn't disagreeing so much as clarifying.  Mitchell was pretty good, but I would expect him to show pretty good feet.  PFF had him as best ranked tackle coming out.  Not best prospect, but highest rated.  I had forgotten that he was basically pressed into action immediately playing all of the 1st 3 games and most of the 4th.  I am actually a pretty big Mitchell fan.  He seems like the kind of tackle prospect that should allow a good offense to function.  He won't be the kind of tackle that can carry stiffs the way the 09 -10 teams were built, but functional.  

I agree Nasrildeen is probably gone.  My point was he has already been off roster and barely fringe for most of 2022.  Surratt was a similar tweener 3rd that Minnesota moved on from when they switched DC.  Jets probably had him higher rated.  Converted from QB as a Jr at NC, so he was a project.  This year's 6th Zaire Barnes will probably get a fair shake at a roster spot.  Then they have some interesting UDFA in Claudin Cherelus, Maalik Hall and Caleb Johnson, though not the Caleb Johnson that started for the Jags last year.  Not sure what to make of Sherwood, but not a huge fan. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CSNY said:

The most concerning things about Zach are that he can’t even complete the most basic of passes and how at the first sign of pressure he runs backwards. He’s got all the physical talent in the world and I can see why JD and others are reluctant to give up on him because of that talent but Until those areas drastically improve and quickly he just isn’t an NFL QB. Hope I’m 100% wrong but man it sure doesn’t look good for Zach 

Zach can throw.  As far as “all the physical talents in the world” — he doesn’t have prototypical size and isn’t that fast.  You act like he has the measurable of a Josh Allen or Trevor Lawrence 

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

DAMN YOU MILFY

But Zach’s family and all the people in his inner circle like Simms kept insisting that MILFY was the problem and that he would be unleashed once they replaced him with a coordinator who coddled him.

Well, players coach Martini Nate is now in the building so what’s the excuse now?