NY Post: Aaron Rodgers to make Jets debut Saturday against Giants

C Mart

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Playing Pat Mahomes and Russell Wilson in the preseason forced Salehs hand here.  If those guys are playing, you have to play rodgers.

our whole division played there starting QBs last week.  

maybe the league is going back to playing your starters the 2nd to last week of preseason. Saleh now has to catch up.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Trotter said:

of course not - but mahomes has two sb wins and another visit in the last 5 years. Certainly you dont want him to get hurt, but if he did and the chiefs threw away the season, they can absorb that.

This season for the Jets hinges on one guy and while he has past credentials, they are not with this team and the anticipation that comes along with him. Anything happens to him - and they are done. 

It is simply my opinion - nothing more and I am a guy who loves to take risks (remember I bet Mims anytime td in at least 8 games last year) but there is no way in hell I put him out there sat night. 

Allen, Jimmy G, Russ Wilson, Tua, Mac Jones, .. alot of QBs played last week.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

our whole division played there starting QBs last week.  

maybe the league is going back to playing your starters the 2nd to last week of preseason. Saleh now has to catch up.

Agree.  Thats why I said, if none of these starting qbs played, Rodgers isnt playing.  Saleh's hand was forced here cause Allen, Rodgers, Mahomes, wilson etc played.  Heck, even scrambled eggs down in Miami played last week.

I had Rodgers playing vs Tampa becasue that was the right time to play him.  But now it will be vs the Giants.

HE will be fine and it is the right call to play him.  We will all agree late Sunday night.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, doitny said:

Allen, Jimmy G, Russ Wilson, Tua, Mac Jones, .. alot of QBs played last week.

Understood.

and while me personally does not want to see rodgers in the preseaon, I could understand if it was last week and the a series or two this week.

I simply don’t get what will be accomplished this Saturday unless he has extended playing time.

I just hate to see it in a game where guys are fighting balls out to put sonething on film in their last opportunity

• Upvote 1

On 8/21/2023 at 10:13 AM, since1975 said:

2003 Chad Pennington                                                                                                                                                                                                      2013 Mark Sanchez                                                                                                                                                                                                          2023   Please don't be stupid.  Nothing good can come from this.  The Giants would love to ruin the Jets if given the opportunity.  Aaron can always hand the ball off against Buffalo until the time is right to turn it up a notch.  Now is not the time.  

Okay.  I have exhaled.  Sorry, but 50 years of WTF have worn me down to my last nerve.  Rodgers was that confident he wouldn't let himself get hurt.  He truly is a seasoned, savvy veteran who knows what he's doing.  This is all new to me.  And then that TD pass to GW just blew my mind.  This will be a rare year when I will feel good about having the Jets offense on the field.  LETS GO JETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2023 at 12:29 PM, since1975 said:

Okay.  I have exhaled.  Sorry, but 50 years of WTF have worn me down to my last nerve.  Rodgers was that confident he wouldn't let himself get hurt.  He truly is a seasoned, savvy veteran who knows what he's doing.  This is all new to me.  And then that TD pass to GW just blew my mind.  This will be a rare year when I will feel good about having the Jets offense on the field.  LETS GO JETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe I fell for it yet again.  There's no fool like an old fool, I guess.  I actually thought Lucy wouldn't pull the ball away this time...