NY Post: Aaron Rodgers to make Jets debut Saturday against Giants

C Mart

Just watched a very good video explaining Rodger's use of the field in not going over the middle. Explains him briefly at the end not needing the preseason to get his timing with Lazard and Cobb and with Wilson, Hardman and Jets running game NFL defenses are about to be, exact quote,  IMMUNIZED !

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

Just watched a very good video explaining Rodger's use of the field in not going over the middle. Explains him briefly at the end not needing the preseason to get his timing with Lazard and Cobb and with Wilson, Hardman and Jets running game NFL defenses are about to be, exact quote,  IMMUNIZED !

Can you imagine the RPO with Wilson on the inside and Lazard and Davis on the outside with Hall/Cook in the backfield and Hardman/Cobb on the outside left ? 

Almost unstoppable 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah, I'd much rather he got hurt during the third quarter of the Bills game or 2nd quarter of the Dallas game. 

He hasn’t played in the preseason since 2018. Are you trying to insinuate that playing a few series against the Giants is going to get him into some type of game shape?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

He hasn’t played in the preseason since 2018. Are you trying to insinuate that playing a few series against the Giants is going to get him into some type of game shape?

Didn't know that and it makes total sense.

However last night in his sideline interview when asked about looking forward to playing what jumped out to me is he quickly mentioned next week at Met Life before saying on opening night on 9-11.  I thought that odd and because of that I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a few series in.

Random thought that just popped into my head 

With the Giants game a road game, the jets are sleeping in their own beds from now until 9/11.  

with the Giants game in the regular season a road game, they will be in their own beds for 3 weeks in a row even with a “road” game. 

The Office Pam GIF by MOODMAN

41 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Well he's playing for a new team with new coaches. It's not just Rodgers but the other players on the team. You don't want the first time the o-line hears a protection slide in a game to be in a real game. You don't want the RB's first call to pickup a LB to be when the game counts. You don't want the first time a new WR see's a hand signal from Rodgers to change his route or whatever to be in a real game. 

Let's just take the edge off the first real game for everyone by trying some things in a game against another team first.

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If that’s the case, then Brown better be back to practicing by Tuesday at the latest.

Even if Browns back at practice Tues, he won't play Saturday. He's gotta get back into game shape. 

I would assume that Becton gets the nod at LT on Saturday. He's played both RT & LT and looked good at both. Better than Turner or Mitchell for sure. 

1 hour ago, GangGreened said:

I think he should not have series one against the Bills be the first time he goes against another team with this cast of characters. 

it’s not just about him anyway

8 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I think he should not have series one against the Bills be the first time he goes against another team with this cast of characters. 

it’s not just about him anyway

Haven't they had joint practices against Carolina and Tampa which is similar to preseason. 

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Is it though?

I went to the Tampa practice the oline was a sh*tshow and was missing almost everyone it seemed.

Who knows who is going to play Oline against the Giants either? I do agree they need to start playing the top 5 together to get some continuity with Rodgers. Brown-Tomlinson-McGovern-AVT-Becton needs to be a thing real soon. 

Much as everyone should worry about injuries the first unit still needs to play together and this is the last opportunity in a game situation before the regular season starts.  It will test the motivation of the players involved and they do have two weeks to recovers from any minor tweaks.  I’m sure the jets want to put fannies in the seats but really this team needs to see some live fire.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Much as everyone should worry about injuries the first unit still needs to play together and this is the last opportunity in a game situation before the regular season starts.  It will test the motivation of the players involved and they do have two weeks to recovers from any minor tweaks.  I’m sure the jets want to put fannies in the seats but really this team needs to see some live fire.

All true, and we're doomed if there is one bit of fear in the ranks. All in and into the fire...

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, freestater said:

1 snap. Then back to the sidelines with a headset on. 

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

3 hand offs and Zach Wilson time!!!!!

If had to be someone, I'm glad it was you or me since our souls united long ago, we are one, not sure who is who, ya feel me, of course you do.

• Haha 1