Zach Continues to Improve - PLAJ

Dunnie

On 9/3/2023 at 5:30 AM, jgb said:

Tell you what @Dunnie, I let @Hal off of a $1,000 charity bet that Jets would not pick up Zach's 5th year option. I'd be very happy to send your money to the American Red Cross, instead. If your wallet is as loose as your mouth, that is.

On 9/3/2023 at 5:35 AM, Dunnie said:

I fully realize it's about 50/50 at this point

... I will take that bet as long as it is to St Jude's if I win ...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

On 9/3/2023 at 5:37 AM, jgb said:

Whoever wins chooses the charity. $1,000 bet locked in.

The American Red Cross thanks you in advance.

I'll tell you what, it has become substantially more likely that it will be me making this donation. Part of my confidence in making the bet was that Zach would need both the opportunity and to deliver the necessary performance for me to lose. Now it's down to one variable.

If he performs as a top-20 QB this season, Jets will trigger the option. I don't suggest it will be easy, but it will be a lot easier on the field than on the bench.

I'll tell you what, it has become substantially more likely that it will be me making this donation. Part of my confidence in making the bet was that Zach would need both the opportunity and to deliver the necessary performance for me to lose. Now it's down to one variable.
If he performs as a top-20 QB this season, Jets will trigger the option. I don't suggest it will be easy, but it will be a lot easier on the field than on the bench.
You are a good man and either one of us should feel good about losing ... though I hope it's you !

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Dunnie said:

You are a good man and either one of us should feel good about losing ... though I hope it's you ! emoji23.png

I hope it's me, also. If Zach can be option-worthy this season, we are most likely in the playoffs.

• Sympathy 1

• 7 months later...

On 9/3/2023 at 5:30 AM, jgb said:

Tell you what @Dunnie, I let @Hal off of a $1,000 charity bet that Jets would not pick up Zach's 5th year option. I'd be very happy to send your money to the American Red Cross, instead. If your wallet is as loose as your mouth, that is.

On 9/3/2023 at 5:35 AM, Dunnie said:

I fully realize it's about 50/50 at this point

... I will take that bet as long as it is to St Jude's if I win ...

On 9/3/2023 at 5:37 AM, jgb said:

Whoever wins chooses the charity. $1,000 bet locked in.

The American Red Cross thanks you in advance.

Hello my friend. I hope all is well. It is time to settle up. At least it's all for a good cause. Kindly post or PM me email confirmation of your $1,000 donation to the American Red Cross. I just made my annual donation so I know what the email looks like so...

YARN | 'So no funny stuff, OK? ' | The Big Lebowski | Video gifs by quotes  | ee598be2 | 紗

;) 

• Haha 3

Just now, jgb said:

Hello my friend. I hope all is well. It is time to settle up. At least it's all for a good cause. Kindly post or PM me email confirmation of your $1,000 donation to the American Red Cross. I just made my annual donation so I know what the email looks like so...

YARN | 'So no funny stuff, OK? ' | The Big Lebowski | Video gifs by quotes  | ee598be2 | 紗

;) 

He returns!

I knew an "I told you so" would bring you back :) 

Fitting that it was about Zach. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

He returns!

I knew an "I told you so" would bring you back :) 

Fitting that it was about Zach. 

It's not a told you so. It's a charity bet collection. I take the AMC seriously.

• Upvote 2

Just now, The Crusher said:

Welcome back homeboy!!

It's a limited engagement. Here to collect and then gone. That'll be about $3,500 raised for AMC here on JN never losing a bet. Retiring on top.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Your a good man. Miss you. 

You too, hoss. JF80 is the keeper of all my private contact info. He can share it as he sees fit. He knows who to share it with.

• Post of the Week 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, jgb said:

;) 

I will fully settle this .. its a great cause... give me until Jan 1.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I will fully settle this .. its a great cause... give me until Jan 1.

I knew you'd settle but January 1? like 8 months from now? Can I ask why?

PM me if it's a personal situation.

• Thumb Down 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, jgb said:

I knew you'd settle but January 1? like 8 months from now? Can I ask why?

PM me if it's a personal situation.

Sure .. I do all my charitable donations around Christmas for cash flow and tax purposes.

Edited by Dunnie

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Sure .. I do all my charitable donations around Christmas for cash flow and tax purposes.

You did know when 5th round option decisions were made when you made the bet. If it was purely a cash flow situation, I could work with you but.... the timing of the donation doesn't change the tax implications. We're already in FY 2024. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, jgb said:

You did know when 5th round option decisions were made when you made the bet. If it was purely a cash flow situation, I could work with you but.... the timing of the donation doesn't change the tax implications. We're already in FY 2024. 

🤣 Point being that is when I make my donations.

Edited by Dunnie

Just now, Dunnie said:

🤣 Point being that is when I make my donations.

This is a bet not a donation, friend. Let's discuss privately and work something out. Every time I've bet on here it's turned into a 12 month debt collection exercise.

@Dunnie has agreed to make the donation by 1 JAN 2025. We discussed and he has good reasons and I'm cool with that. In the meantime, he will change his sig to ""I lost a bet with jgb that Jets would pick up Zach's 5th year option for $1,000 and I promise all of you I will settle it before 1 JAN 2025"

Thanks, Dunnie for honoring the AMC. Go Jets!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

@Dunnie has agreed to make the donation by 1 JAN 2025. We discussed and he has good reasons and I'm cool with that. In the meantime, he will change his sig to ""I lost a bet with jgb that Jets would pick up Zach's 5th year option for $1,000 and I promise all of you I will settle it before 1 JAN 2025"

Thanks, Dunnie for honoring the AMC. Go Jets!

The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

@Dunnie An honorable human being and one who honors his commitments and who holds altruism as a core principle, has settled his bet and provided confirmation of same. Dunnie my friend, you beat the record for JN people paying their bets by 5 months. I salute you, sir, as a mensch. 

All the best to the entire JN family. With that, I leave you all with best wishes for a championship within our lifetimes.

It was a pleasure to know you all. Goodbye.

GO JETS!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1