Zach Continues to Improve - PLAJ

Dunnie

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I disagree here. Zach strikes me as a dude who is in no rush to get back out on the field any time soon. Dude makes $10 million and doesn’t have to get booed out of Metlife and screamed at by Garrett Wilson. 

I don't see him signing an extension with the Jets unless it's for starter money, which means (if he's not traded before) he'll test FA where one of the other 31 teams will offer more than anything the Jets offer with at least the prospect of competing for a starting job.

• Upvote 3

I think it’s possible that he can grow into a leadership role, but I don’t think he’ll be able to do that here, with the same group in the locker room that watched him get handed the world and melted down anyway. Homeboy was blaming the wind for his poor performance last year. Hard to come back from that. 
... might be saying more about the locker room if that's the case ...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The most anticipated jets season of all time is almost here and the #1 thread on this board is a bash zach thread.

The disease……….

the OP was praising Zach. 

its crazy that a group of this fan base wont let the worst player in the NFL for 2 seasons go. any other player this whole place would want shipped out as soon as possible.

why?

cause he completed a few passes against backups and Walmart Cashiers in a few meaningless games.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

its crazy that a group of this fan base wont let the worst player in the NFL for 2 seasons go. any other player this whole place would want shipped out as soon as possible.

why?

cause he completed a few passes against backups and Walmart Cashiers in a few meaningless games.

Like it or not he's a jet for at least this season and maybe next. So from there you have 2 options. 

1. Be optimistic and try to look for some positives. The bar is set pretty low so he has lots of room to improve. 

2. Be like you.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And Geno is the current posterchild of that kind of turnaround.  Still didn't happen until he was on his 4th team though.

Folks holding out hope that Zach Wilson will be the starting QB for the Jets in 2025/2026 need to take a step back and realize just how unlikely that is.

lets see if Geno can play good for another year.

it would be sad if it took Geno 10 years to have one good year and then be bad again. then the "Zach boys" would have to find a new posterchild.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, doitny said:

why?

If he was a Patriot approximately 0.0 Jets fans would be shaking in their boots worrying he’d become a star at this point.

7 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

Like it or not he's a jet for at least this season and maybe next. So from there you have 2 options. 

1. Be optimistic and try to look for some positives. The bar is set pretty low so he has lots of room to improve. 

2. Be like you.

You are conflating optimism with hope. Optimism should be evidence-based, hope doesn’t need to be. One can even be pessimistic yet have hope.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, doitny said:

if Love sucks then their whole narrative of that Rodgers is a great mentor and will mentor Zach to be a FQB will get thrown out the window. 

i said that in another thread and someone told me Rodgers didnt like Love. i guess Rodgers didnt tell Love the "good plays" .... sound familiar? lol

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Brian Brohm (2008 2nd rounder - Louisville) got to sit and watch behind Rodgers too.  That would be TWO strikes against him in the mentor department, lol.

Why should we care if he is a good mentor or not? His play is all that will matter.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

2. Be like you.

when he gives me something to be optimistic about. 

see this is why we have this problem with Zach. nobody considered the competition he played against in college. and now some fans are doing the same thing comparing preseason to regular season. i would liked to have seen how well Zach played against Cleveland if Miles Garrett was there chasing him down instead of whoever was playing instead.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

It is strictly a business decision that ZW is still a Jet. They put the pre-season lipstick on this pig to preserve whatever value remains. The hope has to be the tape eventually helps foist him onto some rube GM dumb enough to think they can fix him.

exactley.

i expect him to be traded before the draft next year like Darnold was and his new team signing his extension to give him a 2 year look.

• Upvote 1

I did a quick search  and found an interesting article from 2016 on Rodgers path to greatness:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2582998-from-junior-college-to-1st-round-pick-the-college-recruitment-of-aaron-rodgers

I read in another article that Rodgers said he first had to earn the respect to take on a leadership role at the professional level. Zack never earned that respect when he was given the job over Mike White and James Morgan. This article also points out Rogers exceptional natural leadership abilities that propelled him to be identified early.  And that is where Aaron and Zack seem to separate on their early paths. That I believe is the maturity issue Aaron can see in all this.

It remains to be seen if Zack can ever earn that respect but this training camp has been a pretty good start.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

“ Mr irrelevant “ lol. Purdy ( as a rookie ) lead 9ers to nfc championship. If he didn’t recover so quick, Sam would be the guy. Purdy is probably on short leash. I do believe their system and talent, can go to nfc championship with non star qbs. Jimmy G, Purdy, Sam. But definitely not Zach Wilson lol 

So did Mark Sanchez in the AFC.  Purdy is better than Sanchez but still.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don’t know if I count as a Zach defender or not. IMO Zach has played inconsistent and overall not what would be expected of a QB taken with the 2nd overall pick.  However I have not yet given up on the thought that he may still be the heir apparent when Rodgers retires.

“Inconsistent”.  That’s not exactly the word I’d choose to describe his play.

About 10 % of his games have been replacement level or better, 10 % have been “meh” or below average, and the rest have been the worst QB I’ve ever seen outside of Luke Falk.  That’s not a consistency concern.  That’s a “this guy has an extremely low floor and not that high of a ceiling”

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

“Inconsistent”.  That’s not exactly the word I’d choose to describe his play.

About 10 % of his games have been replacement level or better, 10 % have been “meh” or below average, and the rest have been the worst QB I’ve ever seen outside of Luke Falk.  That’s not a consistency concern.  That’s a “this guy has an extremely low floor and not that high of a ceiling”

I use the term “inconsistent “ because at times he was impressive. His two best performances were the fourth quarter in Pittsburg when he led two fourth quarter drives for the win and his overall performance against the Bills at MetLife Stadium. He was absolutely horrible in New England and against Jacksonville. The other games he was mostly average.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don’t know if I count as a Zach defender or not. IMO Zach has played inconsistent and overall not what would be expected of a QB taken with the 2nd overall pick.  However I have not yet given up on the thought that he may still be the heir apparent when Rodgers retires.

He never should have been thrust into the starter’s job in his rookie year. He was a raw talent that needed time to develop. Of course he may never develop but I still would prefer to hold on to him for the time being as I think he showed enough in the preseason to remain hopeful.

the problem is with scouting and pro days. and its a NFL problem not just the Jets. alot of these kids drafted high have no business being that high. like Zach their projects that should sit for a year maybe even 2. but another problem is they bring in crappy QBs to compete with them and have too much pressure to play the top 5 QB they just picked.

guys like Zach and Lance should have been late 2nd or 3rd rd picks. hopefully the NFL will stop putting so much importance over pro days for QBs over other things. its not working and hurting so many bad teams who pick high.

• Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I use the term “inconsistent “ because at times he was impressive. His two best performances were the fourth quarter in Pittsburg when he led two fourth quarter drives for the win and his overall performance against the Bills at MetLife Stadium. He was absolutely horrible in New England and against Jacksonville. The other games he was mostly average.

he was absolutely horrible in the 1st 3 qts of the Pittsburgh game. he completed 40% of his passes for those 3 qts. 

• Upvote 1

AntiZaxers are scared.   That’s why they keep posting.  They tremble worried that soon Zach will ascend to greatness and they will be wrong.  

If they thought it was over they could watch him play and not click on this thread.  

They listen to the positive mental attitude crowd trying to make things happen with positivity.   And hope negativity will do the same.

It won’t.  FQB.  1st ballot HoF.   NYJ legend.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1

12 minutes ago, Hal said:

AntiZaxers are scared.   That’s why they keep posting.  They tremble worried that soon Zach will ascend to greatness and they will be wrong.  

So that's why there are so many videos on YouTube mocking flat earthers.

• Haha 4

So that's why there are so many videos on YouTube mocking flat earthers.

He's not wrong .. the ants came out of the woodwork in force when Zach started showing demonstrable improvement this preseason ... It's was pretty funny in truth ... I kept picturing some kid lighting the bottom of an ant hill on fire.

15 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

He's not wrong .. the ants came out of the woodwork in force when Zach started showing demonstrable improvement this preseason ... It's was pretty funny in truth ... I kept picturing some kid lighting the bottom of an ant hill on fire.

Where you been the last two years?

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

your right, but those ants were the pro Zach squad. where were you guys when he got benched twice and was the was the worst QB on planet Earth last year? hiding in the woodwork?