Banged up team...

9 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

OK, but no turnovers by the offense and the jets offense got to the red zone on long drives right... So they are one step away from scoring tds... It will get there. 

8 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

The FGs are because the offense got the ball to the red zone... 

You can try to discredit that all you want... He got the there... 

8 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Did they?  

Handed the ball on Philly 45 and no points. 

Jets 45?  3 points. 

Philly 36?  3 points.  

Such an accomplishment to "get there!"  

6 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

And why not show the other drives... Because it doesnt fit your narrative. 

My narrative?  You are going on and on about the offense moving the ball.  I pointed out three drives where they started on the good side of the 45.  I didn't even count the "touchdown" drive where they started on the Philly 5.  I am not going on and on about how badly they played on O, but acting like they got in the red zone because the offense moved the ball is simply a fallacy.

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

My narrative?  You are going on and on about the offense moving the ball.  I pointed out three drives where they started on the good side of the 45.  I didn't even count the "touchdown" drive where they started on the Philly 5.  I am not going on and on about how badly they played on O, but acting like they got in the red zone because the offense moved the ball is simply a fallacy.

He moved the ball on a long pass to Wilson backed up on the 6 yard line... After the half he was coasting down the field before the crack back block... He started inside the 20 multiple times and didn't go 3 and out... Yes he moved the ball

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

You would think the Jets are playing like the Pats right now... But they are beating some of the best teams in the NFL with tons of backup players... 

Anyone saying JD isn't good is insane... This roster is very deep and talented.. 

Anybody saying Saleh is only a cheerleader isn't watching the games and how hard the team plays with very little presnap penalties...

Anybody trashing Zach Wilson just has given up on this team and just will bitch the whole year because he is doing what they need him to do by supporting the defense and will get better as the season goes on

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

When do the drops count against the WRs, TEs and RBs... And not the QB

After rewatching that game Cobb had 2 crucial drops that one was almost picked... 

Lazard had 2 crucial drops... 

MC dropped another easy one. 

Wilson even had 2 but completely made up for it.... So can't fault him too much on that... 

Zach had a few odd throws like the one to Uzomah... That it feels like he was suppose to cut back but ran the defender over instead...

Zach also had some bad sacks but made up for it with the numerous times he had to evade quick pressure in his face... He threw no ducks and a few risky throws like the 50/50 ball to Wilson and the back shoulder to Hardman... Hardman also dropped that first pass to him...

There are a lot of issues on offense but the drops have got to stop... Especially early in games

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

When do the drops count against the WRs, TEs and RBs... And not the QB

After rewatching that game Cobb had 2 crucial drops that one was almost picked... 

Lazard had 2 crucial drops... 

MC dropped another easy one. 

Wilson even had 2 but completely made up for it.... So can't fault him too much on that... 

Zach had a few odd throws like the one to Uzomah... That it feels like he was suppose to cut back but ran the defender over instead...

Zach also had some bad sacks but made up for it with the numerous times he had to evade quick pressure in his face... He threw no ducks and a few risky throws like the 50/50 ball to Wilson and the back shoulder to Hardman... Hardman also dropped that first pass to him...

There are a lot of issues on offense but the drops have got to stop... Especially early in games

If you counted 5 drops in that game, you can take the reasonable right the **** out of your name.  

• WTF? 1

10 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Not 5 more like 10... I don't just read the stats... I watched the game... Zach was making big time throws... 

You are not being objective.  Your hatred shows. 

Why stop at 10?  If it weren't for all the drops Zach would have been 36 for 33! 

I'm done with this troll sh*t.  I spent too much time getting sput up by officials on Sunday to deal with this stupidity on Monday.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why stop at 10?  If it weren't for all the drops Zach would have been 36 for 33! 

I'm done with this troll sh*t.  I spent too much time getting sput up by officials on Sunday to deal with this stupidity on Monday.

Stupidity is not using your eyes and watching all the drops... Did you miss them? 

Were the drops on crucial downs? 

Are those drops Zach's fault? 

Zach made a bunch of mistakes as I pointed out... 

But when does some of that get put into context?... Why are Zach haters so unwilling to put the play in context... 

• Thumb Down 2

There is a balance that lies somewhere in the chasm between the towering walls of stubborn blindness.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

There is a balance that lies somewhere in the chasm between the towering walls of stubborn blindness.

I can tell you that I'm not blind.  If you think the Jets actually had ten drops in that game, you are not only blind, but also insane.  I can see maybe three, but I would argue that at least two were partially on Zach.  

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Dunnie said:

You would hope... But there is no ability for them to be objective... 

If you took a marker and erased the last 2 years and only watched this season, there would be a lot of hope around Zach... 

It's not allowed because they only see what they want to

• Thumb Down 2

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

I can tell you that I'm not blind.  If you think the Jets actually had ten drops in that game, you are not only blind, but also insane.  I can see maybe three, but I would argue that at least two were partially on Zach.  

See this is the point... Re-watch the game... You think you saw... But you are not remembering correctly and only accrediting one drop to the skill players is insane

• Thumb Down 2

All I'm saying is that the truth is somewhere in-between. .. and then there's @T0mShane ...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

See this is the point... Re-watch the game... You think you saw... But you are not remembering correctly and only accrediting one drop to the skill players is insane

An actual drop is always on the receiver.  Not the bullsh*t that fans wave around, but real drops.  Cobb's in particular was not a well placed ball.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

There is a thread which shows every drop back. You can easily find the 5 drops in the YouTube video.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Don't let facts get in the way of arguments... There was only 1 the rest were Zach's fault, don't you read dominators posts... 

• Thumb Down 2

12 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

The FGs are because the offense got the ball to the red zone... 

You can try to discredit that all you want... He got the there... 

Happy Excuse Me GIF

19 of 33 for 186 passing. Quite.... "effective". 

0TDs

1 of the field goals were set up by ridiculously advantageous field position due to a punt with a 15 yard penalty on Philly tacked on to the end.

2  passable drives ending in a FG is Zachs positive contribution yesterday on a day where the D generated 4 turnovers.

Beating a dead horse here.... glad we won .... glad Zach has shown an ability to avoid the catastrophic turnovers we had become accustomed to. Glad to see him step up in the pocket. He has improved from last year but the bar was low and its still hard to watch as a fan of warching decent offense.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

I'm at the point where I get it, Zach overall isn't a good QB, as the #2 pick overall he's a bust, and if it we're up to me we would have signed a different QB2 in the offseason, let alone replace him now. 

But at this point, the Jets are going to stick with him. I don't have any control over who plays QB. I can either continue to support the team or not support them. To continue to rag on how bad he is/has been is low hanging fruit. What's the point of harping continuously on something we already know? 

I'd rather focus on the positives. He's growing in a lot of areas although he still has a ways to go, and may never become a starting level QB. It takes a special kind of miserable to rag on this kid minutes after beating the defending NFC champs.....

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Happy Excuse Me GIF

19 of 33 for 186 passing. Quite.... "effective". 

0TDs

1 of the field goals were set up by ridiculously advantageous field position due to a punt with a 15 yard penalty on Philly tacked on to the end.

2  passable drives ending in a FG is Zachs positive contribution yesterday on a day where the D generated 4 turnovers.

Beating a dead horse here.... glad we won .... glad Zach has shown an ability to avoid the catastrophic turnovers we had become accustomed to. Glad to see him step up in the pocket. He has improved from last year but the bar was low and its still hard to watch as a fan of warching decent offense.

Drive stalling penalties and drops also account for some of the offensive challenges... Nobody is saying he played lights out... But not putting some of it in perspective or context is doing a disservice. 

MC drops another big screen pass.

Cobb dropped 2 in the red zone..

Lazard drops another pa's that would have made up the distance for the Crack back block... 

Why are we doing naked bootlegs with no dump off protection...

But it's all on zach right? 

• Thumb Down 2

51 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I'm at the point where I get it, Zach overall isn't a good QB, as the #2 pick overall he's a bust, and if it we're up to me we would have signed a different QB2 in the offseason, let alone replace him now. 

But at this point, the Jets are going to stick with him. I don't have any control over who plays QB. I can either continue to support the team or not support them. To continue to rag on how bad he is/has been is low hanging fruit. What's the point of harping continuously on something we already know? 

I'd rather focus on the positives. He's growing in a lot of areas although he still has a ways to go, and may never become a starting level QB. It takes a special kind of miserable to rag on this kid minutes after beating the defending NFC champs.....

I agree, I wanted Aaron... They lost him... He is gone... Next up... Well next up is playing well enough to win games... That's all we can ask for... 

Cousins is not coming nor does the team want him... He is not going to play for half a season and leave... Plus he would have to learn a new playbook... Any other qb right now would put the team further behind offensively. 

They are growing as an offense and they are getting close... They are at least getting to the red zone... Which is sorry to say but a huge improvement.. 

Hackett adjusted his whole offense to tailor for this kid... And it's getting there.... They just need to support this defense enough and they are going to win a lot of games. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

On 10/15/2023 at 10:02 PM, doitny said:

you just acknowledged that Zach has to improve. every week NFL teams win or lose work on what they need to improve on too. they dont sit around throwing a party for the win. we arent either.

Zach is the weakest link. you know that too.

how many more weeks do we have to hear that he has to improve on this or that? we have been hearing this for 3 years now and we are sick of it.

yes Phila is great and our defense had an incredible game... and we still almost lost. thats the thing with Zach. he cant win unless someone is great...Hall...the defense..etc.

this team is really good. with the injuries and a below average QB we have no business being 3-3. this season could be a really good one but Zach will hold us back. we all see that. 

we dont hate him, we just know he is a liability. he isnt helping us win. he is along for the ride. if this was anyone else he would be benched. but Zach keeps getting chances. if someone is available we need to make the trade and replace Zach. 

if your really a Jet fan and not a Zach fan then you cant tell me if  Cousins or Brissett or Minshew became available you rather stick with Zach.?

I don’t think Zach is the weakest link.  IMO the weakest links are the oline and not having another reliable receiver.  Losing Davis was worse than thought.  The oline just can’t continue to play through all of the injuries.  Lazard, Gipson, hardman, Cobb all need to step up.  Wilson can’t be the only real threat in the end zone.

• Upvote 1

I don’t think Zach is the weakest link.  IMO the weakest links are the oline and not having another reliable receiver.  Losing Davis was worse than thought.  The oline just can’t continue to play through all of the injuries.  Lazard, Gipson, hardman, Cobb all need to step up.  Wilson can’t be the only real threat in the end zone.
Zach needs to get better ... Weakest link ? Not sure ... We need more production from the O and ultimately that falls on Hackett and Zach the most.