YES Commentators... is this a joke?

BigJermaineFromQnz

Actually I can't hack Michael Kay because he's too objective ... has too much of that "Journalist" in his DNA ... but I Grew up listening to the Scooter who I loved, LOVED!!, so I was spoiled... he bled Yankee pinstripes but he was entertaining, funny, and as nice a man as has ever appeared on TV

Hey, I'm before you with Mel Allen...where it was..."That ball is going, going, that ball is gone"...classsic stuff if you grew up in that era. Nothing like Mel calling a shot hit by the Mick.

Actually I can't hack Michael Kay because he's too objective ... has too much of that "Journalist" in his DNA ... but I Grew up listening to the Scooter who I loved, LOVED!!, so I was spoiled... he bled Yankee pinstripes but he was entertaining, funny, and as nice a man as has ever appeared on TV

I only got to hear scooter for a few years due to his retirement and my no longer living in NY,but he was a great one. I miss listening to him call a game.

Hey, I'm before you with Mel Allen...where it was..."That ball is going, going, that ball is gone"...classsic stuff if you grew up in that era. Nothing like Mel calling a shot hit by the Mick.

Mel was before my time as Yankee announcer, but he was the long-time host of TWIB when I was watching Phil Rizzuto, Bill White and Frank Messer :grin:

I only got to hear scooter for a few years due to his retirement and my no longer living in NY,but he was a great one. I miss listening to him call a game.

Scooter was like a member of my family ... like another Grandfather ... he was in my house every nite from the time I was knee high well into adulthood, coming through my TV every nite with such class and humor ... I really do feel like he's a part of my extended family cause I really do love that man

Archived