Who is going to be QB# 2 next year?

Bronx

15 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

Correct he isnt going anywhere people on this board can't see it they are in for huge disappointment when this guy is still here next August and the Jets dont draft a QB.

He may be permanently parked in the 3 spot, hoping someone signs him off it? But no way can he be the number 2. He is number 2 though 💩 

6 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Zach Wilson will not be the #2 QB next year. Willing to bet on it.

The only way he will be number two are as follows: he plays consistently (good) the rest of the season and competes during the off-season for the number two spot against either a draftee or a vet. 

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Not sure if there is one given the OL injuries, but we’d have three more wins with…I dunno, take your pick? Brissett, Minshew, Mayfield, Heinecke, Tannehill.

none of them were coming here.

Mayfield got a chance to start...

Brissett went to back up a 2nd year player who started one game last year.. and got 8 mil. 

Heinecke went to back up Ridder another 2nd year player. and he got 7 mil per for 2 years.

Minshew went to back up a rookie in Indy.

Tannehill makes 27 mil this year. no way was he coming here to be a backup. and he got hurt in week 6 for 2 weeks so we werent trading for him at the deadline.

Keenan and Dalton went to back up rookies in Car and Hou.

nobody decent was coming here to back up a HOF QB no matter how old he is over a rookie and 2nd year players. better opportunity that the young guys get benched then Rodgers getting hurt.

the only one was Marriota who went to back up Hurts in Phila. but i think his 5 mil contract was a big deal with Zach making 10 mil. no team pays a 3rd string QB 5-10 mil.

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We picked zach wilson at #2, we picked darnold at #3 a high pick QB guarantees nothing.

The oline is still weak, other than garret wilson we have nothing at WR.

They are not drafting a QB that high and sitting him to years and failing with rodgers.

Personally I really like both QBs but the jets have put themselves in a situation where they just cant do it.

I hear you BUT, you also cant pass on what may very well be a franchise QB. Caleb and Maye are much better, safer prospects than Zach or Darnold were.  JD can 'fix' the OL and WR with a few FA's and a couple trades. Trading Huff may be a necessity to get Davante. Signing and paying a FA to get OL help is a MUST. It's not out of the realm of possibilities.  There is s no rush letting a QB SIT for a year or two. Rodgers himself sat 3 years behind Farve. Mahomes sat a year. Eli sat a year. We can do both. Compete next year AND grab a QB, if its there, with a high pick. 

56 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

I hear you BUT, you also cant pass on what may very well be a franchise QB. Caleb and Maye are much better, safer prospects than Zach or Darnold were.  JD can 'fix' the OL and WR with a few FA's and a couple trades. Trading Huff may be a necessity to get Davante. Signing and paying a FA to get OL help is a MUST. It's not out of the realm of possibilities.  There is s no rush letting a QB SIT for a year or two. Rodgers himself sat 3 years behind Farve. Mahomes sat a year. Eli sat a year. We can do both. Compete next year AND grab a QB, if its there, with a high pick. 

I'll be happy if we pick either of those guys I really will.   I simply do not believe we will do it.

All in on Rodgers, does not mean having two straight years of a first rounder doing nothing.

Douglas will be gun shy as heck after the Zach Wilson situation.

The other added pressure for the jets is the first bad game Rodgers has which could be early on and the fans will be howling for the new kid.

To me just another reason whey the whole Aaron Rodgers things has been a dreadful fiasco.   Douglas and Saleh and Woody panicked after the fall off last year and were convinced we were one player away for winning it all.   How much better off would we be having all those extra picks and cap room and potentially getting one of these guys.

In any case whether we go QB or not we should get a real high pick but I still think we are winning more than one game and will not have the option on those top QBs.