~~~Saturday NFL Football Cowboys vs Lions~~~

Beerfish

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

McCarthy would never have had anything to do with Wilson. And the Jets wouldn't be the Dumpster Fire drifting down the open sewer line filled with Circus Clowns if they had checked their egos and hired him. 

I guarantee you JD shot him down as a candidate as soon as he left the interview room. 

JD has been and will continue to be the biggest human disaster the Jets have suffered since Richie K, and that includes Mac, Idzik, Gase, and a lot of other subpar "decision makers" and coaches...

Mike McCarthy is the reason a very talented Dallas team keeps losing games they should win.  He would have been a better choice than a newbie like Saleh but don’t kid yourself that the Jets would have been world beaters with him calling the plays either.  I’ll give you this — he’s better than Hack.  But so are you.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I think even analytics would tell Dan to chill out in fairness.

Man goes for it on 4th 35% of the time!

Lions are fun to watch and they have balls ill give them that.

Campbell has great awareness on what his team can do. I mean, yea, sometimes it doesn't work (today), but that's generally what sets him apart from other coaches with balls like Brandon Staley, who went on 4th when it mattered a lot but overestimated his team's capabilities.

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

McCarthy would never have had anything to do with Wilson. And the Jets wouldn't be the Dumpster Fire drifting down the open sewer line filled with Circus Clowns if they had checked their egos and hired him. 

Meanwhile, Joe Douglas and Bobby Salad everyone!!

JD has been and will continue to be the biggest human disaster the Jets have suffered since Richie K, and that includes Mac, Idzik, Gase, and a lot of other subpar "decision makers" and coaches...

Saleh sucks, but when did McCarthy become Bill Walsh exactly? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

This is the second time your defense has been he’s better than Saleh.

We’ll give you that one. No need to do it a third time. 😜

Well, Shane just told me that we’d be in the same boat with McCarthy that we are in now with Bobby StairMaster. Hence, the explicit reminder of Saleh’s ridiculously poor record here (lowest winning percentage of any coach in NYJ history to reach 50 games) is necessary and warranted. 

But I do appreciate your concern and it is duly noted. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh sucks, but when did McCarthy become Bill Walsh exactly? 

He doesn't need to be. McCarthy would probably have this team in contention right now. Maybe not a SB contender, but definitely much better than the crap CS right now.

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Well, Shane just told me that we’d be in the same boat with McCarthy that we are in now with Bobby StairMaster. Hence, the explicit reminder of Saleh’s ridiculously poor record here (lowest winning percentage of any coach in NYJ history to reach 50 games) is necessary and warranted. 

I figured the smiling, winking emogi would’ve clued you in I was joking, but…

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ausman said:

Not with the QBs we had this year.

Actually I beg to differ. Saleh has been exemplary in what not to do as a HC, and that's reflected in the 6-10 record. McCarthy has this team at a winning record, even with these QBs.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

He doesn't need to be. McCarthy would probably have this team in contention right now. Maybe not a SB contender, but definitely much better than the crap CS right now.

They would not be in contention right now. That Dallas team is loaded and McCarthy is underwater vs teams over .500. They beat the Jets, Giants twice, Chargers, Panthers, Patriots, Commanders, and nicked the Seahawks. Their one decent win was against a backsliding Eagles team a few weeks back. 

• Upvote 1

Wait a minute!  68 was standing right next to the ref.  70 was 10 feet away when the ref moved to tell the D who was eligible.  Yet, they’re saying 68 failed to report.  Not a good look when something like this changes the outcome of a game instead of the plays on the field.  Refs clearly missed an obvious PI on Dallas on the last drive too that proved to be moot.

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The “same boat” meaning Jets fans would be equally disgusted by the coach. The lone positive would be that Rodgers wouldn’t have come here and we’d be free to fire McCarthy this year instead of next year

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

Actually I beg to differ. Saleh has been exemplary in what not to do as a HC, and that's reflected in the 6-10 record. McCarthy has this team at a winning record, even with these QBs.

Both teams have equally good defenses. If anything the Cowboys might be better.
You don’t notice a difference in talent on the two offenses?

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

How?  The O line made it impossible to throw downfield and most of the season none of these 3 QBs ever showed the ability to do so?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They would not be in contention right now. That Dallas team is loaded and McCarthy is underwater vs teams over .500. They beat the Jets, Giants twice, Chargers, Panthers, Patriots, Commanders, and nicked the Seahawks. Their one decent win was against a backsliding Eagles team a few weeks back. 

With McCarthy Jets probably win thr Chiefs game, Chargers game, one of the Dolphins games, and maybe even the 2nd Bills game. Defense wouldn't just give up like they did with Saleh.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Both teams have equally good defenses. If anything the Cowboys might be better.
You don’t notice a difference in talent on the two offenses?

I do notice the offebsive talent discrepancy. I don't think McCarthy would lead the Jets to an 11 or 12 win season, but I can definitely see a 9 win season this year.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

With McCarthy Jets probably win thr Chiefs game, Chargers game, one of the Dolphins games, and maybe even the 2nd Bills game. Defense wouldn't just give up like they did with Saleh.

Are we talking about the same Mike McCarthy? He just lost back to back games to the Bills and Dolphins with an infinitely better roster.