Jets OL coach Keith Carter getting universally laughed at

On 1/11/2024 at 12:42 AM, Beerfish said:

One of the worst oline coaches in the league.

Worst OC in the leauge.

Totally unremarkable QB coach.  Passing game coach ....bad

And yet all is good it is ALL due to Rodgers missing.

BALDERDASH!

We all know your deep hate for AR.. I’m just curious, who did you blame when the jets were consistently worst Offense in the NFL well before Rodgers came to town.. Nothing changed with him out.. I do agree, when you have 1 of the worst gms in history of NFL, with 1 of worst offenses in NFL history too, but think a 40 yr old qb ( top 5 ever ) can still fix all..

On 1/10/2024 at 7:47 AM, Jack Straw said:

During the regular season, players are limited to a total of fourteen padded practices, eleven of which must be held during the first eleven weeks of the regular season, and three of which must be held during the remaining six weeks of the regular season.

That's LESS than one padded practice a week. Someone explain how a player can be "broken down" when they're not even practicing in pads once a week.

Have you ever done Crossfit?? Powerlifting? Intense training?

Don't need to be wearing pads and hitting people to get worn down and nicked up.

• More Ugh 1

Don't need to be wearing pads and hitting people to get worn down and nicked up.
Tbh ... That kind of training should not destroy 20somethings ... In your 40s absolutely... The strongest guys I know do more of the TRX training. Their tensil strength is at insane levels.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I'm 40 years old and weight train 5-6 days a week and have done so for 12+ years. I played four years of football and was in pads every day, except for the day before a game, which was shorts and helmet only. We practiced 2x a day in training camp, and were often in pads for both sessions. This was not professional football, and I understand that playing in the NFL is a much different beast than what I was doing. 

And I get that players get nicked up, and that veterans (30+ years old) will wear down and require more rest than a 20-something year old.

But I don't buy that these athletes can't handle jogging around in shorts a few days a week and in pads < once a week. The NFL's product and success was built on players being in pads 4-5x a week. Training camp previously consisted of double-session practices for a month or something, and they were in pads nearly every day. The point is that tens of thousands of NFL players could previously handle the workload, and now players are objecting to practicing in pads < once a week.

Today's players are soft and will do whatever they can to avoid physical contact. They just want the paycheck without the pain. Unfortunately, that's not how football works.

6 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

We all know your deep hate for AR.. I’m just curious, who did you blame when the jets were consistently worst Offense in the NFL well before Rodgers came to town.. Nothing changed with him out.. I do agree, when you have 1 of the worst gms in history of NFL, with 1 of worst offenses in NFL history too, but think a 40 yr old qb ( top 5 ever ) can still fix all..

He was a top 5 Qb as in past tense.

Who gets the blame for the jets?  Douglas and Saleh and woody all of them.

As for Rodgers he was my 2nd choice as to who pursue this off season until i learned what he was going to cost and how the jets were going about getting him, then it was apparent the whole thing was a terrible idea.

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He was a top 5 Qb as in past tense.

Who gets the blame for the jets?  Douglas and Saleh and woody all of them.

As for Rodgers he was my 2nd choice as to who pursue this off season until i learned what he was going to cost and how the jets were going about getting him, then it was apparent the whole thing was a terrible idea.

How many other superstars hand back millions that are guaranteed? Not counting the ones who had to at risk of being cut. He obviously doesn’t qualify in that category. Sure AR comes with baggage, and he’s 40.. But obviously even on 1 good leg, he is a better option than Zach Wilson.. There definitely were not many options for AR, but when a gm has consistently been the worst gm in the NFL since his first day, you are forced to say uncle and give up all your power for a top 5 all time diva qb. The correct route obviously was firing Joe Douglas, or better yet never hire him in hindsight . But jets love to give chances to gms and coaches who have zero accomplishments at the top level.. Until woody sells the team ( won’t happen ) jets will also do things the difficult way.. 

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

I'm 40 years old and weight train 5-6 days a week and have done so for 12+ years. I played four years of football and was in pads every day, except for the day before a game, which was shorts and helmet only. We practiced 2x a day in training camp, and were often in pads for both sessions. This was not professional football, and I understand that playing in the NFL is a much different beast than what I was doing. 

And I get that players get nicked up, and that veterans (30+ years old) will wear down and require more rest than a 20-something year old.

But I don't buy that these athletes can't handle jogging around in shorts a few days a week and in pads < once a week. The NFL's product and success was built on players being in pads 4-5x a week. Training camp previously consisted of double-session practices for a month or something, and they were in pads nearly every day. The point is that tens of thousands of NFL players could previously handle the workload, and now players are objecting to practicing in pads < once a week.

Today's players are soft and will do whatever they can to avoid physical contact. They just want the paycheck without the pain. Unfortunately, that's not how football works.

Well, the pro guys have a different opinion. But hey, you played HS ball a couple of decades ago, so I'm not one to argue with you... lol

Prior to combat deployments, guess what WE did in the Infantry? Walk throughs, sand table, gear inspections, and briefings. You know, so we didn't degrade our efficiency or lose guys to stupid little stuff like rolled ankles or other crap.

Guess we were soft, not like you, Al Bundy...

3 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

In theory, eventually, the product on the field will suffer, and the ratings and ad revenue and mega TV deals won’t be there.

But it seems like we are a long way from those dominoes ever falling to the point that the owners and players ever go back to 2x a days or whatever.

The most obvious logical next step is actually more of the same:  an 18-game regular season (with 2 bye weeks), which would likely require even more concessions from the owners in terms of Club Med type practice conditions.

27 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Well, the pro guys have a different opinion. But hey, you played HS ball a couple of decades ago, so I'm not one to argue with you... lol

Prior to combat deployments, guess what WE did in the Infantry? Walk throughs, sand table, gear inspections, and briefings. You know, so we didn't degrade our efficiency or lose guys to stupid little stuff like rolled ankles or other crap.

Guess we were soft, not like you, Al Bundy...

You asked me if I have ever worked out, and I was providing you with my experience, as requested. I knew as I was writing my previous comment that you'd take the lazy approach and mischaracterize my statement to act as if I was comparing myself to a pro athlete -- please, do better, GI Jane.

The point I'm making is that players wearing pads has been part of every level of football for 100 years -- from high school, to college, to the pros. This 'players can't practice in pads more than once a week' is a phenomenon that is due to the CBA and nothing else.

Professionals have been in pads forever -- the new-age professionals having a different opinion is because they don't want to work harder than they have to, like everyone else in life. There's a reason why the NFL product sucks, and players not practicing has everything to do with it

4 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

You asked me if I have ever worked out, and I was providing you with my experience, as requested. I knew as I was writing my previous comment that you'd take the lazy approach and mischaracterize my statement to act as if I was comparing myself to a pro athlete -- please, do better, GI Jane.

You betcha, Al!

married with children GIF by hero0fwar

• Sympathy 1