Aaron Rodgers Sucks

21 hours ago, Dunnie said:

40 year old Rodgers still is likely the best QB this franchise has ever had. Or a close second. I guess time will tell.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Based on what 4 plays?

His resume in green Bay is in the past 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

This place will be gold when Aaron Rodgers retires before next season 

It would be sh*tty from the cap perspective but on the other hand they aren't winning sh*t with Aaron and might be better off reloading again at qb 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It would be sh*tty from the cap perspective but on the other hand they aren't winning sh*t with Aaron and might be better off reloading again at qb 

That’s the problem, they need OL help badly but also need to restock the qb position.  Even if douglas pulls some major trades and lands a 2nd round pick, who are they getting really?  The first rounder is probably a RT at this point.  Even with a 2nd rounder, they’re not even getting mccarthy.  So IMO the realistically best case scenario qb draft is pratt in the 3rd round, a guy i actually like for the jets b/c he’s basically the anti ZW - smart, respected leader, accurate and poised.  The high floor/low ceiling qb who wins games and isn’t flashy.  But that’s not the qb the jets draft.  They’ll go RT/wr and think rodgers can beat Father Time unlike flacco. 

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

That’s the problem, they need OL help badly but also need to restock the qb position.  Even if douglas pulls some major trades and lands a 2nd round pick, who are they getting really?  The first rounder is probably a RT at this point.  Even with a 2nd rounder, they’re not even getting mccarthy.  So IMO the realistically best case scenario qb draft is pratt in the 3rd round, a guy i actually like for the jets b/c he’s basically the anti ZW - smart, respected leader, accurate and poised.  The high floor/low ceiling qb who wins games and isn’t flashy.  But that’s not the qb the jets draft.  They’ll go RT/wr and think rodgers can beat Father Time unlike flacco. 

they can fix the OL in one offseason, using the first rounder and the day 3 picks all on Senior Bowl guys 

as long as they're smart about it 

the reason why they won't draft a QB is because King Aaron doesn't like challengers to his throne 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This just isn't going to happen.  Rodgers, the coaching staff and the front office are tied together at this point, and they're all getting one more year.  If they flop, they flop, and then you clean house.  New GM, new HC, new QB.  We win in 2024 or there are mass changes.  

Just now, bitonti said:

they can fix the OL in one offseason, using the first rounder and the day 3 picks all on Senior Bowl guys 

the reason why they won't draft a QB is because King Aaron doesn't like challengers to his throne 

I highly doubt that.  If they don't draft a QB it's because they're trying to save their jobs and they know a rookie QB won't help them do that.  I'm sure Rodgers knows at this point he's only got a couple years left, max, and having a kid in the pipeline to take over when he's done is just smart business.  I highly doubt he'll see anyone outside of Caleb or Maye as a "threat" - and even then, **** him.  If that's who I want, I take him.  

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

True and that will be JD’s undoing.  W/o some legit younger qb help the team is going to fail w/o rodgers.  And rodgers plays tops 12 games this year anyway.  So unless JD has the balls and creativity to bring in a qb who has fresh legs to run an offense when rodgers goes down again, we’re (thankfully) getting a new regime when everyone gets canned and rodgers retires.  The interesting thing will be what douglas does to get more picks, and if he actually has the stones to bring in a qb behind rodgers and sell it as helping him b/c he’s just not getting through an entire season and high quality backups aren’t coming here

• Upvote 1

This has to be one of the dumbest posts this site has ever seen. Rodgers, one of the top five QBs of all time, is “beyond, beyond” washed up because he got hurt or because he’s opinionated?

Mindless drivel.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I guess you don’t understand the word “also.” Sorry you don’t know how to read two separate thoughts. He was washed when he got here. Green Bay obviously did the right thing.

On 1/11/2024 at 10:07 AM, Viermoo said:

This has to be one of the dumbest posts this site has ever seen. Rodgers, one of the top five QBs of all time, is “beyond, beyond” washed up because he got hurt or because he’s opinionated?

Mindless drivel.

Think we should save this response for next year the guy is clearly on the decline and reality will set in when the season starts and the Jets are competing for another top 10 draft spot. The guy will be 41 coming off Achilles surgery Vinnie Testeverde was never the same either will Rogers. 

On 1/14/2024 at 6:34 PM, bitonti said:

Sign Trent Brown and Zeitler and bring back Becton on a one year prove it deal.  

Woody and JD not taking a Qb at 10 if both Alt and Fashuanu are both gone is criminal negligence.  Aaron is going to be frigging 41 and Zach is beyond horrible 

On 1/11/2024 at 2:33 PM, Hex said:

We know Rodgers is washed because no truly elite QB would ever have a freak injury

Green Bay unloaded Rodgers because he couldn't take them to a SB, was breaking down and had no respect for the coaching staff and GM.   

He apparently has great respect for Woody, JD, Saleh and Hackett.  Guys who have won nothing.