~~~Saturday NFL Playoff Football Games~~~ 01/20

Just watched the Game in 40 ... thought Love looked the better QB overall, just ended bad for him. One for the "I'll learn from that" book.

Purdy got the win but didn't look great to me ... lots of off target shots, and some "how did he do that" throws to make up for it.

One that stuck out most to me ... early 2nd quarter, swing pass to McCaffrey in the flats, hits him in the feet. I thought only Zach did that.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, jamesr said:

Just watched the Game in 40 ... thought Love looked the better QB overall, just ended bad for him. One for the "I'll learn from that" book.

Purdy got the win but didn't look great to me ... lots of off target shots, and some "how did he do that" throws to make up for it.

One that stuck out most to me ... early 2nd quarter, swing pass to McCaffrey in the flats, hits him in the feet. I thought only Zach did that. emoji6.png

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

They said he can't throw a wet ball.

7 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

A franchise who whiffs on a high first round QB takes years to recover. 

49ers are the exception, not the rule.

However, had they not whiffed on Lance, they probably have at least 1 SB win under Shanahan at this point. It's incredible how loaded this team is.

55 minutes ago, Hex said:

49ers are the exception, not the rule.

However, had they not whiffed on Lance, they probably have at least 1 SB win under Shanahan at this point. It's incredible how loaded this team is.

They become part of the rule that says you move on immediately from a bust and keep trying to find a QB. Hitting on a dart throw 7th round QB is not part of that rule though.

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

They become part of the rule that says you move on immediately from a bust and keep trying to find a QB. Hitting on a dart throw 7th round QB is not part of that rule though.

49ers wouldn't be doing great if they didn't draft Purdy. That's part of the point. They had to luck out on a random Mr. Irrelevant and it worked out great. Most teams can't just walk away from their high 1st round pick because they don't have an alternative.

The Niners also only spent that one draft to pick a QB that high. I'm still on the team that says it's foolish to keep drafting a QB round 1 over and over again.

11 minutes ago, Hex said:

49ers wouldn't be doing great if they didn't draft Purdy. That's part of the point. They had to luck out on a random Mr. Irrelevant and it worked out great. Most teams can't just walk away from their high 1st round pick because they don't have an alternative.

The Niners also only spent that one draft to pick a QB that high. I'm still on the team that says it's foolish to keep drafting a QB round 1 over and over again.

They wouldn't have found out about Purdy if they stuck with Lance. That's part of the point.

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

They wouldn't have found out about Purdy if they stuck with Lance. That's part of the point.

The Niners knew Purdy was the real deal before trading Lance. Lance kept getting hurt so they started Purdy and he played really well.

Arizona moved on pretty quickly from Josh Rosen after it was clear during his rookie season that he had no business being an NFL starting quarterback. Fairly certain the Cardinals drafted Murray the year they punted Rosen off their roster.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2024 at 6:08 PM, Larz said:

That’s not the problem.  They are playing with a lot of energy and fire and juice. Harris is countering Lamar and the Texans hit on a punt return.  

It turned out not to be a problem vs the Texans. Yet they started slow. 

And they were definitely off vs KC when they were 5 point favorites. 

Harbaugh should consider why his teams sometimes underachieve in the playoffs. Including resting your starters Week 18. I trust Parcells more than Harbaugh. 

SF also didn’t look great in the postseason after resting their starters Week 18.

As finely tuned as teams are they are like a symphony orchestra. You take even just one  week off from high-level competition and it can catch up to you fast. 

1 minute ago, Ulrich said:

It turned out not to be a problem vs the Texans. Yet they started slow. 

And they were definitely off vs KC when they were 5 point favorites. 

Harbaugh should consider why his teams sometimes underachieve in the playoffs. Including resting your starters Week 18. I trust Parcells more than Harbaugh. 

SF also didn’t look great in the postseason after resting their starters Week 18.

As finely tuned as teams are they are like a symphony orchestra. You take even just one  week off from high-level competition and it can catch up to you fast. 

It wasn’t the rest lol

Monkens game plan was absurd and stupid and spags destroyed him