Is Patrick Mahomes really better than Aaron?

15 hours ago, PaulHolmes1962 said:

Look at Andy Reid’s track record with QBs. Hes had success with literally everyone he’s worked with. 

Yup and he dumped a real good QB for Mahomes after watching him practice for a year.

On 2/12/2024 at 3:36 PM, Jigsaw89 said:

Rodgers, 41 coming off a torn Achilles.  I'm prepared to be disappointed next year.

Jets need to draft a QB. It's one of those simple facts that this awful organization won't even consider. Stupidity is rampant. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/12/2024 at 3:12 PM, Biggs said:

One of the best organizations in football couldn't wait to dump Rodgers so they could start Jordan Love and find out if he could play.  

Their whole offense averages 16 years old and they had a first round qb that was in his third year-that might have had something to do with it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Their whole offense averages 16 years old and they had a first round qb that was in his third year-that might have had something to do with it.

They drafted a QB in the first round when Rodgers was playing at a high level.  The Packers organization thought he was a cancer years ago.   They operated before it metastasized.  

They literally traded us a player they thought they couldn’t win with.  The Jets, among the worst managed and coached teams in the NFL added a terrible OC and a few over the hill WR plus premium draft capital to take him off their hands.   The jets were bent over publicly by the Packers.  The Packers got to the playoffs.  The Jets had a gas leak.

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

They drafted a QB in the first round when Rodgers was playing at a high level.  The Packers organization thought he was a cancer years ago.   They operated before it metastasized.  

They literally traded us a player they thought they couldn’t win with.  The Jets, among the worst managed and coached teams in the NFL added a terrible OC and a few over the hill WR plus premium draft capital to take him off their hands.   The jets were bent over publicly by the Packers.  The Packers got to the playoffs.  The Jets had a gas leak.

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Yup that’s why they signed him to a three year deal averaging 50 mil per, because they thought they couldn’t win with him and he was a cancer. 

If the Jets had a hall of fame qb with back to back mvps, used a first rounder on his successor and then signed him to the contract above only to trade him away we’d be using that as proof that they couldn’t find their asses with two hands.

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yup that’s why they signed him to a three year deal averaging 50 mil per, because they thought they couldn’t win with him and he was a cancer. 

They realized the mistake and absorbed the sunk cost.  The Jets started Becton and Zach last year and sat on their hands during the trade deadline.   Good organizations man up and take the sunk cost rather than try and live with the disaster.   The Packers actually have a future as playoff contenders.  The Jets are still a season away from starting over. 

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If the Jets had a hall of fame qb with back to back mvps, used a first rounder on his successor and then signed him to the contract above only to trade him away we’d be using that as proof that they couldn’t find their asses with two hands.

Don't take this the wrong way.  Comparing the actual Jets organization to the Packers organizations is a fools task.  The Jets are a slap dick organization.  The Packers are one of the most storied and respected organizations in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They realized the mistake and absorbed the sunk cost.  The Jets started Becton and Zach last year and sat on their hands during the trade deadline.   Good organizations man up and take the sunk cost rather than try and live with the disaster.   The Packers actually have a future as playoff contenders.  The Jets are still a season away from starting over. 

So they wouldn’t have gotten as far as they did with Rodgers, you’re saying.

Jordan Love was ugazzangoul until last year. They’re lucky he panned out. That’s why they have a future. 

Just now, Biggs said:

Don't take this the wrong way.  Comparing the actual Jets organization to the Packers organizations is a fools task.  The Jets are a slap dick organization.  The Packers are one of the most storied and respected organizations in the NFL. 

I’m not comparing the organizations I’m just saying your original premise/story doesn’t make sense.

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Maholmes' biggest advantage is playing in the era he is playing in.

Putting them both in the same era at the same age with the same rules would be fun.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Not really sure I buy what you’re saying here. They’ve very much played in the same era as far as the rules are concerned. Hell, two of Rodgers MVPs are sandwiched between Mahomes two MVPs.

28 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

So they wouldn’t have gotten as far as they did with Rodgers, you’re saying.

Jordan Love was ugazzangoul until last year. They’re lucky he panned out. That’s why they have a future. 

Obviously they didn't make the playoffs with him the year before.

31 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I’m not comparing the organizations I’m just saying your original premise/story doesn’t make sense.

It doesn't make sense to you.  It makes sense.  The Packers organization had tired of his nonsense.  Rodgers was and is a cancer.   They great young QB he was has morphed into a guy who wants control of the organization with no accountability.   It happens all the time.  A lot of greats when they reach the mountaintop start believing they are something more than the talent and effort that got them there.  Rodgers clearly thinks he's more than just a really good QB and wants to exert his will on the organization.   The Jets were the desired destinations because the Jets were more than willing to allow it. 

Not really sure I buy what you’re saying here. They’ve very much played in the same era as far as the rules are concerned. Hell, two of Rodgers MVPs are sandwiched between Mahomes two MVPs.
Imagine if Rodgers played the 1st ten years of his career under the Powerpuff rules we have now ... It's not hard to imagine him having twice the career he's had.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Imagine if Rodgers played the 1st ten years of his career under the Powerpuff rules we have now ... It's not hard to imagine him having twice the career he's had.

The rules in 2010 aren't really that much different than today.

The "can you imagine if they played in today's game" stuff is for guys like Joe Montana and Dan Marino. Rodgers career didn't even start until they'd instituted all the rules around illegal contact and defensive holding that came from the mid-2000s with Peyton vs. Belichick.

Unlike Peyton and Brady (and Brees) Rodgers has never played in an era where you can actually hit the QB. You couldn't touch these guys in the early 2010s.

The Rules continue to trend toward the offense, so this will keep happening, but there's a substantial overlap in their careers and you could argue Aaron's best years were literally during Mahomes prime.

On 2/12/2024 at 2:05 PM, PaulHolmes1962 said:

Mahomes obviously has the rings, but clearly Mahomes has a big advantage being paired with Reid compared to Mike McCarthy. 

I still think I take Aaron over Mahomes. I don’t think KC wants any part of Aaron and the Jets next year. 

FOOLISH! 

Kansas City Chiefs Wow GIF by State FarmNo Way Football GIF by State FarmPatrick Mahomes What GIF by State Farm