Moving to Raliegh. Insights anybody????

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

I hear asheville has been destroyed by hipsters, leftists and druggies

Definitely.  I was there in 2015. Bunch of kiddies who think they are descendants of Woodstock. Probably saw some videos of that period and follow suit but are just entitled snobs. There’s a significant difference between leftists, hipsters, druggies from entitled snobs. I know because I’m a leftist, ex-druggie. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

Definitely.  I was there in 2015. Bunch of kiddies who think they are descendants of Woodstock. Probably saw some videos of that period and follow suit but are just entitled snobs. There’s a significant difference between leftists, hipsters, druggies from entitled snobs. I know because I’m a leftist, ex-druggie. 

Oh so you will fit right in. Have fun. A used car salesman said theres an ass for every seat

9 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Oh so you will fit right in. Have fun. A used car salesman said theres an ass for every seat

You must be dumb or stupid. Cant figure out which one 🤷🏻‍♂️I said I WAS in Asheville several years back and have no interest in going back there. So I guess it’s both: you’re dumb and stupid. 

40 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

You must be dumb or stupid. Cant figure out which one 🤷🏻‍♂️I said I WAS in Asheville several years back and have no interest in going back there. So I guess it’s both: you’re dumb and stupid. 

so youre moving to MA because the unions and right wingers in asheville annoy you. got it!

On 3/4/2024 at 2:22 PM, Larz said:

I know 3 couples that moved from the northeast to the Carolina’s and 2 came back. They both said it was almost impossible to meet people and one had a 45 minute drive to the supermarket. 

I guess it’s a bigger adjustment than people think 

It really depends on where…Raleigh, being the state capitol, shouldn’t be as bad…but it’s definitely waaaaaay slower than living in the northeastern end of the I-95 corridor…

On 3/6/2024 at 7:35 AM, Maynard13 said:

Ideally, I’d like to find a place that has some life to it-a downtown vibe- as opposed to live in the middle of a tree lined suburb. Burn and bred in Manhattan so the distraction of city life is just in my DNA. Of course, there is only a few places as such on this planet. I’d settle for an environment that I can grab a cup of coffee or talk  if a walk with my dog and SEE people.  I guess it’s what called ‘a walkable town’. No clue where that is out there. 

Plenty of that there, Chapel Hill has a wonderful walkable town, as does Cary and Apex. I've never been to downtown Raleigh, so I can't tell you that one. Even my little town of Pittsboro, was great one block walk. It was filled with nice little shops and such. There are plenty of them. I'd suggest taking a week and just drive around before you settle in on "The Place"....

Good luck.

• Upvote 1