Competition committee considers 6 rules

Banning the hip drop tackle is really stupid
Meh ...some of the tackles in question you can see the defender actually targeting the back of the legs. It's a heinous tackle that is impossible to officiate , but legit should be illegal.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• WTF? 1

This is the players fault. They sued the nfl over concussions saying that the league didn’t tell them it was a dangerous sport and the league didn’t do enough to protect them from hurting each other 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I really don't understand what a defender is supposed to do in this situation? Let him go and score? He's running from behind, trying to catch him and this is the only way to grab him in a last ditch effort. 

Pretty dumb.

Stay on your feet through impact.

I think the “unweight” language in the rule is spot on. This isn’t the rodeo.

• WTF? 1

49 minutes ago, Larz said:

This is the players fault. They sued the nfl over concussions saying that the league didn’t tell them it was a dangerous sport and the league didn’t do enough to protect them from hurting each other 

Youre Not Wrong Peter Porte GIF by Paramount Network

I actually like this rule.  Yes, it is going to make muck it up.  This should give  message boards around the world another thing to complain about.  

• More Ugh 1

If a kick doesn't reach the zone in the proposed rules, the ball would be placed at the 40-yard line. If it goes out of -- or is downed inside -- the end zone, the ball would go to the 35. And if it hits the zone, rolls into the end zone and is downed, it'd go to the 20. Any ball fielded in the zone, meanwhile, would have to be returned.

so a kicker that can squib it into the zone that goes into the end zone but not out of the end zone is now a weapon. Blasting it into the 39th row puts the ball at the 35.  

I hope zuerlein has a good short game lol 

High level stats: NFL kickoffs are 6% of plays and 18% of concussions. 60+% touchbacks. Average field position 28 yard line

XFL kickoffs 0 injuries (I didn’t see if there were any this week) in all of testing and usage. Avg Field position is 31 yd line

Onside Kicks: you elect to kick deep or to kick an onside kick (current iteration of the XFL has a 4th and 15 play) . It removes the surprise onside kick, which is an exciting play, but it’s only 1% of 1% or total kickoffs. Worthy sacrifice to make the kickoff safer

Return touchdowns: in the 400+ kickoffs tested 2 were returned for TDs, both in Live games in 2020 XFL Kickoff Return TDs

It’s very similar to a scrimmage play. As you can see from the video, it’s best when teams start to get creative and cross block, reverse, or do unique schemes. Coaches are slow to adjust and it gets better with more time with the rule book

If there are any questions about the rule I can answer them, I spent 18 months developing the rule with extensive testing to make sure the play would work.