Joe Douglas's Approach to the 2024 NFL Draft: Crafting the Jets' Offensive Line Future

9 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

There was no debate. I was posting my thoughts on Joe D’s draft strategy.

It’s easier to jot down ideas and let AI formulate it in a coherent way. I don’t have hours in a day to write it all out.

One good thing is that AI prevents me from writing sentences like “what has humidity come to when…”

Are you also opposed to spell check, or is that kind of AI ok?

deadheads and ai do NOT MIX

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

There was no debate. I was posting my thoughts on Joe D’s draft strategy.

It’s easier to jot down ideas and let AI formulate it in a coherent way. I don’t have hours in a day to write it all out.

One good thing is that AI prevents me from writing sentences like “what has humidity come to when…”

Are you also opposed to spell check, or is that kind of AI ok?

The autocorrect is what did me in. AI strikes again.

8 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Garcia had synthesizers developed to make his guitar sound like other instruments (saxophone, trumpet, etc.)

What a fraud Garcia was! He wasn’t actually PLAYING those instruments!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

eh Ive heard that but i have never really hear it audibly. Where/when did he use it?

44 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

eh Ive heard that but i have never really hear it audibly. Where/when did he use it?

China --> Rider from 6/16/1990 is a great example. I encourage you to listen to it in its entirety, but pay special attention to the transition that starts around the 5:35 mark.

46 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

China --> Rider from 6/16/1990 is a great example. I encourage you to listen to it in its entirety, but pay special attention to the transition that starts around the 5:35 mark.

ok i hear/see it now. and i thought it was just quentin being quentin

Regarding a round one trade down to pick up a second rounder. Value wise we'd need to drop to around 18 to recoup a second round pick. Cincy have #18 and #49 which match up value wise.

You have to then consider if that big a drop is going to still get you the guy you want. E.g. if you're hoping to get Bowers, will he still be there at 18?

As we're all aware there also has to be a player at #10 that teams are going to want to trade up for, especially when we talk about how deep the draft is at certain positions and why were want more selections. Well guess what, other teams will want more selections too so may be less inclined to trade up. Maybe we need to look at accepting less value if we are really looking to recoup that second. Would #22 and #50 (Philly) be enough to make it worth our while? It's below chart value.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So first you complain because people figured out you were using AI in the process of, in your words, to "formulate and organize my thoughts", and now you want us to direct our complaints to AI instead of you?  GFY lol.

dont besmirch mother

terminator GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Regarding a round one trade down to pick up a second rounder. Value wise we'd need to drop to around 18 to recoup a second round pick. Cincy have #18 and #49 which match up value wise.

You have to then consider if that big a drop is going to still get you the guy you want. E.g. if you're hoping to get Bowers, will he still be there at 18?

As we're all aware there also has to be a player at #10 that teams are going to want to trade up for, especially when we talk about how deep the draft is at certain positions and why were want more selections. Well guess what, other teams will want more selections too so may be less inclined to trade up. Maybe we need to look at accepting less value if we are really looking to recoup that second. Would #22 and #50 (Philly) be enough to make it worth our while? It's below chart value.

Jets have 2 4th rounders, what if they traded back and swapped a 2nd for a 4th.  There’s ways to do this. 

Jets have 2 4th rounders, what if they traded back and swapped a 2nd for a 4th.  There’s ways to do this. 
Our #10 plus the higher 4th rounder would align value wise to Jacksonville's #1 and #2. Those are 17 and 48 overall, so only one spot higher than Cincy.

If we only want to drop down about 4 spots and still pick up a 2, we'd need to give up our 3 in return, or picks next year, which kind of defeats the point of trading down IMHO.