Draft Party at MetLife

Good morning

I wanted to see if anyone attended this event last year and had any feedback on how it was. My son, 11 years old, is dying to go mostly for the autographs and locker room tour and have heard mixed feedback on actually being able to meet players and saw this morning now that the Giants party is held there at also. 

Thanks in advance for any insight

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Curse of Namath said:

Good morning

I wanted to see if anyone attended this event last year and had any feedback on how it was. My son, 11 years old, is dying to go mostly for the autographs and locker room tour and have heard mixed feedback on actually being able to meet players and saw this morning now that the Giants party is held there at also. 

Thanks in advance for any insight

I attended once, in 2016, at MetLife.  Once was enough for me.

The year I went, They crammed EVERYONE into the Mezz Club on the visitor's side. No one allowed on the field.   It was atrociously hot in there for whatever reason.  There were was little offered in the way of food.  Bar was open.  Sardine can city.

The Jets selected Darron Lee at 20. Within 5 minutes after the pick was announced, they closed it all down before the end of rd 1 and herded everyone out.

Sucked.  Really sucked.  Bad, bad suck.  Beware.

p.s.  oh yeah.. players and autographs.  The year I went there were 2 players there, both sophs don't remember who, and Wayne Chrebet, who they paid to attend obviously.  Was far from anything special or memorable.

Locker room tour is cool.  That's an add.  I did that many years ago in a different event. 

• Upvote 1

Do it.  They are only young and excited for so long. Never been but my kids are 23 and 18 now and I never see them lol. It’s awesome, they are living life but yeah do it. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Dcat said:

p.s.  oh yeah.. players and autographs.  The year I went there were 2 players there, both sophs don't remember who, and Wayne Chrebet, who they paid to attend obviously.  Was far from anything special or memorable.

Back in like 1986 or so, the Jets came to my elementary school when I was a kid for a charity basketball game (Jet players vs the dads).

My friend’s dad — who was 6’6” and could shoot really well — scored double digits.

A few years prior to that, there was an event where some of the players sat at our gym and signed autographs.  Pretty sure Marty Lyons was there and I think Gastineau.

I remember bringing one of those “composite notebooks” with the black and white marbling on the cover and the players signing each on a different page.

At some point I lost the book, but it was still cool and exciting for a 5-year old kid.

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Back in like 1986 or so, the Jets came to my elementary school when I was a kid for a charity basketball game (Jet players vs the dads).

My friend’s dad — who was 6’6” and could shoot really well — scored double digits.

A few years prior to that, there was an event where some of the players sat at our gym and signed autographs.  Pretty sure Marty Lyons was there and I think Gastineau.

I remember bringing one of those “composite notebooks” with the black and white marbling on the cover and the players signing each on a different page.

At some point I lost the book, but it was still cool and exciting for a 5-year old kid.

for a kid that stuff is great. but once you get to your late teens and early 20s who cares.

when i was about 11 or 12 the church around the corner to my house had a Autograph event for baseball players. they had a large rec center they used for flea markets and stuff like that. 

you had to pay to get in and since i had no money me and some other kids waited outside to see if we could recognize anyone. the 1st guy who came out was an older man who nobody knew. i yelled at him and ask him to sign my glove. and he came over and did. then all the other kids asked and he signed them all. real nice guy.

i looked down at my glove and it said.........Don Larson. i am a Mets fan and im not sure if i knew who he was at the time but i found out later. 

we didnt have any money to buy a new glove so i used it for years. wish i knew what happened to it. only autograph i ever got. 

• Upvote 3

Do it.  They are only young and excited for so long. Never been but my kids are 23 and 18 now and I never see them lol. It’s awesome, they are living life but yeah do it. 
Agree with Lars make as many lasting memories as possible before your kids find this stuff eye rollable.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

for a kid that stuff is great. but once you get to your late teens and early 20s who cares.
when i was about 11 or 12 the church around the corner to my house had a Autograph event for baseball players. they had a large rec center they used for flea markets and stuff like that. 
you had to pay to get in and since i had no money me and some other kids waited outside to see if we could recognize anyone. the 1st guy who came out was an older man who nobody knew. i yelled at him and ask him to sign my glove. and he came over and did. then all the other kids asked and he signed them all. real nice guy.
i looked down at my glove and it said.........Don Larson. i am a Mets fan and im not sure if i knew who he was at the time but i found out later. 
we didnt have any money to buy a new glove so i used it for years. wish i knew what happened to it. only autograph i ever got. 
Amazing story ... I had a similar one ... Dad got a baseball signed by Mantle back in the mid 60s ... My brother and I annexed it from his little nightstand case. No idea where that thing is now ... But it was great learning about that as we got older. Also remember every sporting event my dad brought me to in the 70s.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, doitny said:

i agree with Larz, go to the party. you said he is dying to go right? you know how crazy happy he will be for the next 17 days if you tell him he is going? 

even if it sucks like Dcat says i bet it wont for an 11 yr old boy. 

Thanks to you and Larz, I bring him to 1 or 2 games a year and it is amazing everytime. Last year I sacrificed my tailgaiting and we went it earlier for the Texans game (he loves CJ Stroud) and it was awesome watched warm ups in the rain from the coaches club thanks to some nice security and my son had a sign for CJ, got a wave, no autograph, but made his day. 

We will be going and every day he asks me what players are going, of course he wants Sauce or Garrett, but I told him to set the bar a little lower. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Jermaine Johnson

Last week, the New York Jets announced that they will be holding a draft party at MetLife Stadium. This is a good time, check it out if you don’t already have plans for Round One.

April 3, 2024 – The annual Jets Draft Party, presented by Verizon, will be hosted by Jets legend Bart Scott live at MetLife Stadium on Thursday, April 25th for the first round of the 2024 NFL Draft. The draft will be broadcast live on the videoboards. The draft party is free of charge and the first 5,000 fans in attendance will receive a commemorative draft t-shirt upon entrance to the Stadium, while supplies last. The Verizon Gate will open for Jets fans at 6:00 p.m. Parking will be located in Lot E. Due to stadium construction, access to the field will be limited.

The 2024 Jets Draft Party will be highlighted by appearances and autograph signings from Jets players and legends, as well as locker room tours. Select players will be seated at the 100 level prior to the start of the first round to sign autographs. Fans will also have the opportunity to enjoy Jets Fest, at the GenJets Kids Zone presented by KinderJoy, and live music by DJ Jon Blak on the 50-yard line. Food and beverage will be available throughout the West Hall and 100 level concourses for purchase. Additionally, the Jets Team Store, located outside the West Hall on the plaza, will be open throughout the night.

In addition to the Jets Draft Party, the Jets will also be hosting the first-ever live Draft pick from Ireland on Day 3 of the NFL 2024 Draft.

A winner from the Jets Rewards VIP Draft Sweepstakes, NFL Fan of the Year, and International Fan of the Year will also be flown out to watch the draft live in Detroit, alongside Jets season ticket holders. Airfare and lodging will be provided for the sweepstake winners, courtesy of the Jets.

Jets Season Ticket Holders received special early access to download their draft party tickets on Wednesday, April 3rd at 2 p.m. Tickets will be available for general admission beginning Thursday, April 4th at 2 p.m. Fans can download their free mobile tickets at nyjets.com/draftparty.

For more information on the 2024 Jets Draft, visit nyjets.com/draft.

The post New York Jets Draft Party at MetLife Stadium appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

If he wants autographs bring him to training camp.  My son got all the players autographs even Rodgers. He currently has his sauce signed jersey frame in his bedroom. For whatever reason he doesn't want his Zack Wilson signed jersey hung up 🤣

• Upvote 1