Why It Could Cost About $850 To Watch The NFL 2024 Season

13 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Just find a good iptv provider. I pay 80$ for the year and get every game and channel imaginable. The service I use also automatically records every sporting event so if I miss a game I can always watch it later

It baffles me that people pay hundreds of dollars for League Pass. I pay $9 for IPTV. Which one do you have? 

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

It baffles me that people pay hundreds of dollars for League Pass. I pay $9 for IPTV. Which one do you have? 

I agree. I haven’t had cable in over 10 years.  I’ve used a lot of different iptv services ranging from 40$ for a year to 100$ +. Some work great and some don’t. I’ve had little to no issues with my current provider. I Sent you a PM With more info 😃 

17 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is kind of silly.

Literally all of the games on CBS, FOX, and NBC remain free over the air -- and that's the overwhelming majority of all games. You also get all games in the home market free.

Nobody says you need to watch bad Thursday night games between the Jaguars and Titans and then complain about the cost.

If by “all” you mean just the 4-5 regional games a week, then yes, all games are free. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2024 at 1:17 AM, Jet2020 said:

If by “all” you mean just the 4-5 regional games a week, then yes, all games are free. 

I mean, unless you're watching multiple games at the same time there aren't too many you're actually missing out on.

If you're talking out of market games as a Jets fan I sympathize but that's nothing new.

The article is basically talking about the small handful of games that are streaming, implying you need to spend $850 dollars to "watch the NFL" as if you need all these ancillary packages.

15 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, unless you're watching multiple games at the same time there aren't too many you're actually missing out on.

If you're talking out of market games as a Jets fan I sympathize but that's nothing new.

The article is basically talking about the small handful of games that are streaming, implying you need to spend $850 dollars to "watch the NFL" as if you need all these ancillary packages.

I’ve bought NFL Sunday Ticket for years now. Living in Dallas, I didn’t want to miss Jets games. So for somebody like me, I have no choice but to buy the entire NFL package. And it was fun getting to pick your games if Jets were on a bye or worse, being blown away. Or I had the choice to not buy the ticket and stick to watching the Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, Eagles or Texans games. Those 5 always take priority here and I’m a fan of neither one. So someone like me had to buy the entire package. Never regretted. But at $850, I’ll just either watch the Cowboys or stream on an IPTV app. 

15 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

What application are you using to watch? Are you able to watch through a Roku, etc.

I use B1G TV app via fire stick. If your Roku is able to download open source apps, it should work. I pay $50 a year for it but Spectrum throttles my internet speed just for this app and it causes lagging at times. So I’ve had to get a VPN on top. And VPN have their own speed limitations. So if you have Spectrum, those b*stards will throttle you. 

On 5/15/2024 at 7:33 AM, UntouchableCrew said:

This is kind of silly.

Literally all of the games on CBS, FOX, and NBC remain free over the air -- and that's the overwhelming majority of all games. You also get all games in the home market free.

Nobody says you need to watch bad Thursday night games between the Jaguars and Titans and then complain about the cost.

Think I can get by with over the air, ESPN, Amazon, Netflix(thank the Mrs.) and Red Zone(still pretty reasonable and my go to when the Jets aren't playing). How much can you watch? 

Think it's completely ridiculous all these media companies decided consumers were after paying for stupid cable packages were then going to sign up for even more expensive and multiple streaming services when the basic tech isn't as functional. They tried to sell this as somhow more consumer friendly which is laughable.  Instead lots of people figured out they didn't want to pay for a lot of the stuff they had thru cable and could live without huge chunks of stuff they sued to pay for. And glad that as a shareholder of Netflix, only Netflix has been profitable and the rest of hemmoraging $. 

One more thing; NCAA D1 FB playoffs are going to be greatly expanded to the point it will be impossible not to conflict with the NFL at least a few times. There is going to be a lot of football on TV in late December and early January. Wonder how much is too much

18 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

What application are you using to watch? Are you able to watch through a Roku, etc.

I honestly don’t know if it will work with Roku but I want to say yes. Just invest in a fire stick and I can send you the directions how to set it up. It’s 100% worth it. It’s literally $10 a month and you also get movies, all sports, and pay per view events. 

On 5/18/2024 at 10:45 AM, Bugg said:

Think it's completely ridiculous all these media companies decided consumers were after paying for stupid cable packages were then going to sign up for even more expensive and multiple streaming services when the basic tech isn't as functional. They tried to sell this as somhow more consumer friendly which is laughable.  Instead lots of people figured out they didn't want to pay for a lot of the stuff they had thru cable and could live without huge chunks of stuff they sued to pay for. And glad that as a shareholder of Netflix, only Netflix has been profitable and the rest of hemmoraging $. 

What's really funny is that now a lot of these services are reverting back to ads, which kind of defeats the whole novelty of the thing.