Mikey LaFleur Wasn’t the Problem 😉

You think baby LaFleur sucks until you get to experience Nate Hackett as your OC and playcaller
I said it at the time:  bro was scapegoated, pure and simple for the failures of the front office in making one of the worst decisions at #2 overall in NFL history 
Now he’s doing offseason rounds taking victory laps as McVay’s next disciple to eventually get a HC job 🫨

Zach can't hurt you anymore bro

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

It has.

And in fairness, it should be updated to include 2023 now as well.

It's also now irrelevant to us.  Wilson is, rightfully, on his own lack of merit, gone. 

We have Rodgers, and Rodgers wanted his guy and so we have his guy.  It was a package deal I believe (but can't prove, per se).  Rodgers wanted to go someplace where his guy and his system would be in place, and some of his guys could be signed, and that's what he got in 2023.

Completely agree 

I don’t think Rodgers would have come without Hackett being hired first and I think the Jets knew that and that explains why Saleh was so giddy about the hire (which seemed odd at the time).

I think the jets knew hiring Hackett would bring Rodgers. They just better hope he still has a lot left. This season will either be really fun or an unmitigated disaster. I don’t see a lot of room for something in between. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, rangerous said:

sean payton.  just watch.

I'm pretty sure we'll all be watching.

Just like we did for Darnold in Carolina.

And Geno with the Giants.

And Sanchez with Philly.

And Chad with Miami.

We're nothing, as a fanbase, if not obsessively curious how our QB busts do when they leave.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mike lafluer was immature and wasnt ready to be a leader.  Hes a really good playcallsr and offensive mind.  He will mature under mcvay and become an excellent head coach.

he was a rookie OC hired by a rookie GM, supervised by a rookie HC and training a rookie QB.
i thought he was pretty creative and the non zach numbers are telling.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I'm pretty sure we'll all be watching.

Just like we did for Darnold in Carolina.

And Geno with the Giants.

And Sanchez with Philly.

And Chad with Miami.

We're nothing, as a fanbase, if not obsessively curious how our QB busts do when they leave.

There is a difference.  None of those guys have/had the arm talent Zach brings.  Chad was pretty much a physical shell of what he was when drafted.  Zach’s problems are mainly between his ears but in my opinion, the strides he made this past season over his first two were huge.  Another good step up and he’ll be a decent starter.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

There is a difference.  None of those guys have/had the arm talent Zach brings.  Chad was pretty much a physical shell of what he was when drafted.  Zach’s problems are mainly between his ears but in my opinion, the strides he made this past season over his first two were huge.  Another good step up and he’ll be a decent starter.

Sean Peyton will design an offense that is so idiot proof that even Zach Wilson can run it! The man is a genius!!

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

Jamarcus Russell had arm talent too

19 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If there’s one thing that ends up being the downfall of this team other than injury, it’s likely either or these 2 things:

1) Saleh being a fraud — i.e. choke job decision making in crunch time;  team coming out flat as a pancake in the most important games of the season 

2) Hackett 

1) Aaron gets injured

2) Tyrod gets injured

3) Woody signs Zach after the broncos cut him to save our season

D52089E2-8BC9-4284-A5F8-127D7734E905.thumb.jpeg.63efca64bc04b33a709f22da9645249c.jpeg

On 5/23/2024 at 4:29 PM, slimjasi said:

Completely agree 

I don’t think Rodgers would have come without Hackett being hired first and I think the Jets knew that and that explains why Saleh was so giddy about the hire (which seemed odd at the time).

I think the jets knew hiring Hackett would bring Rodgers. They just better hope he still has a lot left. This season will either be really fun or an unmitigated disaster. I don’t see a lot of room for something in between. 

This is true and one more of the many reasons that going after AR8 was a mistake.  Hated the whole entourage BS soooo much.  Hated the FO/owner for letting it happen.     

Wrong. MLF, Hackett and Zach all suck until proven otherwise. The same can and is true for the lot of them.

MLF’s non-Zach numbers were skewed by a handful of huge games by Mike White. White also sucked plenty under MLF.

Also MLF apparently pushed hard for the Jets to draft Zach. So as his primary coach it’s on him he couldn’t develop him. 

In MLF’s defense I think it was Ernie Zampese who said if you want to be a good offensive coordinator find a good QB. He was wrong on Zach and couldn’t develop him. Perhaps he’ll excel coaching a good QB.